News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Everyone on the Bruins board is falling all over themselves because Jack is a local boy and we do need a long-term center solution as Krejci's contract is up and Bergeron is closer to the end than the beginning.

I'm just not seeing it. Eichel makes $10 million and that contract is going to last a long time. He's topped out at 80 points, and he's having neck surgery. That's enough to give one trepidation. And sources are indicating that Buffalo expects the return to start with either McAvoy or Pastrnak, and that's a huge no-go for me. Maybe if the Sabres retained a lot of the cap hit I'd consider Pasta, but they probably won't with the term left on the deal. And I think I'd just be happier keeping Pasta and the draft picks/prospects that would be involved. The whole thing just doesn't work for me.
He had 78 points in 68 games last year, on a tire fire of a team. He's also scored 82 points in 77 games.. But yeah only 80 point potential?

Kuz

May 11, 2015
I guess Buffalo would want Theodore+ and that doesnt make sense for Vegas. I just dont think an offer around Tuch can get it done unless they throw in all futures they have (Krebs, Glass, Dugan, 1st). The only other piece except Theodore and Tuch that has some value and do not have a NMC is Stephenson. Pretty much Vegas hope is to trade Tuch+all their futures and trade Fleury in a seperate deal.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Doesn't a destination of the Detroit Red Wings make too much sense? Yzerman knows he needs a true #1 centre and Larkin just hasn't been quite able to be that (yet). They have enough assets and cap to do this. I can see him there ...although he'd have to give up his #9.

Reactions: taliababa

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Almost feel bad for Sabres fans
*puke* No pity, please. Hate us. Love us. Indifferent us. But no pity. That shit's for the birds!

Plus- it's only a game. At the end of the day, sports goes through its cycles. The Sabres suck now, and probably for a while longer, but they'll rise again. Hell, if the Bills can become contenders, then anyone can if given enough time.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I wonder if Ottawa should consider making a huge splash with him. Considering he has term and is locked in and can’t use an NMC to block us. This might be a golden opportunity for us.

Of course we wouldn’t want to trade Tkachuk, Chabot, Stutzle, Sanderson or Gustafson ?

So how does that get done? I’d put this years first round pick on the table obviously and then basically your pick of the lot from the players not
mentioned above. I suppose Buffalo would want Stutzle.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
The thing is you have to give to get.

We got Spezza by trading Yashin (and it came with Chara lol)

We got Heatley by dumping Hossa? (that was dumb in hindsight)

I just can’t imagine the stat line being:

We got Eichel by trading Stutzle.. I love that kid and wouldn’t trade him. He looks like he’s going to be a franchise player. Maybe we don’t even need Eichel..

I just think we should explore it if the price comes within our range.

IE: No Stutzle, chabot, Tkachuk, Sanderson, Gust.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Doesn't a destination of the Detroit Red Wings make too much sense? Yzerman knows he needs a true #1 centre and Larkin just hasn't been quite able to be that (yet). They have enough assets and cap to do this. I can see him there ...although he'd have to give up his #9.
His #9, Seider and something else yeah...

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
You ain't getting Eichel with KK being the big trade piece coming back, dont be ridiculous
Their overvaluation of their prospects is astounding. They are absolutely convinced that both their center prospects named Suzuki and KK end up surefire 1C. Imo they can be lucky if KK sniffs the 2C, that is if everything works out perfectly. He's more likely to bust at this point or ending up at 3C than anything else.
Oh yes, Suzuki is really slow.

Reactions: Voight

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
If Columbus isn’t asking about a trade involving their first round picks, I would be disappointed.

I can’t see a deal being reached but I want Jarmo in a conversation...especially if we luck out and get the top pick.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Doubt Detroit gives up Seider. Probably the best prospect not in the NHL. I'd be surprised if Bufflehead can get a Laf, Stuzle, Seider type prospect in return.
Let's be honnest here, if he's not able to get at least a top prospect for Eichel and a couple of good 1st rd picks, he's gone.

Raymond has been, let's say, underwhelming this season. I do not see any other prospects that could gaather BUF interests as they need a d-man, or a top C coming back.

I can't see DET being in the run. They do not have the fire power to reach an agreement, and I do not see them being top5 in 2022 or 2023

Randy d Wiseman

Feb 23, 2021
johnstown ohio
Senators fans could see the writing on the wall with Karlsson. He wasn't fully toasted yet, but it was obvious he was slipping.
As for SJ I have no idea if Eichel makes them a contender or not, but a center spine of Eichel Hertl and Couture sure looks pretty formidable to me. I'd trade 1st's, decent prospects and good not great hockey players like Meier all day for a talent like Eichel. It's much easier to fill in around the margins than it is to get a franchise centerman. People have a tendency to overrate picks and propsects in these parts. If Eichel weren't on the Sabres I'd move anything short of Dahlin to get him here.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The thing is you have to give to get.

We got Spezza by trading Yashin (and it came with Chara lol)

We got Heatley by dumping Hossa? (that was dumb in hindsight)

I just can’t imagine the stat line being:

We got Eichel by trading Stutzle.. I love that kid and wouldn’t trade him. He looks like he’s going to be a franchise player. Maybe we don’t even need Eichel..

I just think we should explore it if the price comes within our range.

IE: No Stutzle, chabot, Tkachuk, Sanderson, Gust.

Who else is left in Ottawa then? Batherson? Come on now... It starts with Stutzle at minimum

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Honestly can't believe I'm saying this as an Oilers fan, but I can't think of a darker time for a fanbase in my lifetime. At least after our 10 year drought, things were looking up.

Buffalo needs to have an incredible summer. They have Dahlin and Cozens. They need to hit a home run in the draft this year, and get an incredible return for Eichel. If they do that, there could still be hope on the horizon.

Reactions: BarberPole9

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
For some reason I see him ending up in Vegas.

My guess is he's traded for Cody Glass, Peyton Krebs, Reilly Smith, 1st 2021, 1st 2022, and NJ 2nd 2021.

But what also be included is potential trades within other teams in order to help with other teams expansion drafts considering Vegas has leeway as to not be effected in the expansion draft by any means.

f*** Vegas, they have enough supply and talent. They're a yoff team that can win a cup now but they need Eichel? f*** em

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
So you guys have almost ruined a great player, and now you want what he was worth before you ruined him? Yeah, it doesn't work like that.

You either get what you can for him or let his value tank even more.
How exactly did the sabres ruin eichel?

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
What if Seattle offered their 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year and a 1st next year in addition to taking Skinner from the Sabres in the expansion draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad