News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
What if Seattle offered their 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year and a 1st next year in addition to taking Skinner from the Sabres in the expansion draft?

6 years left at 9M plus 5 years of Eichel at 10M? In what world is Eichel worth 19M a year and giving up 2 top 10 picks and a second and third on top of that?

Reactions: bernmeister

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Looks like division is mainly around Eichel needing surgery and the Sabres not allowing it? Seems so odd to me...

From Taylor Halls interview last night.

“I know Jack is frustrated,” Hall said of Jack Eichel Monday night. “Jack and I became really good friends during our time in Buffalo. I support him and I know he’s gone through some stuff with the medical staff there and ultimately Jack has to worry about himself. There’s teams that – just like he said – they’re going to worry about what’s best for them and Jack has to do what’s best for him, and I know he’s got an injury that he feels he can take care of with the surgery, and there’s a little bit of a disagreement but I support Jack and he was nothing but a great teammate and a really good friend when I played with him.”

Taylor Hall Supports Jack Eichel After ‘Dark Days’ With Sabres

Reactions: abo9 and BK201

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
What if Seattle offered their 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year and a 1st next year in addition to taking Skinner from the Sabres in the expansion draft?
What benefit does Buffalo get from dumping Skinner's contract when they are on the cusp of burning it all to the ground? Cap space? For what? All the players that aren't going to want to go there? The only appealing pieces right now would be their 1st round picks and at minimum it would take all three of their 1sts from 2021-2023 to even get Buffalo to think about it. I don't see how a team starting with nothing does that.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
This thread has taught me that Buffalo fans are going to be more than a little disappointed in the return Eichel actually gets, if they're turning down Rantanen for him.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Kevyn Adams is in a shit spot. He will bear Eichel's wrath and have to pick up the pieces, even though it's the Pegula's that are the problem. If I'm KA, I don't reward this public outcry. Send him to an armpit like Columbus, even if the return ain't the best you can get (though i believe Jarmo would still pay a lot). KA needs to send a message to current and future Sabres that public potshots, whether justified or not, dont get rewarded with 1 way tickets to LA or NY.
I understand the frustration, but as a GM he's going to need to do what's best for the team. Moving a franchise center like Eichel will garner a massive return. He should be looking for nothing less than:

- Young forward with 1st line potential
- Young Dman with 1st pairing potential
- Prospect
- 1st + 2nd round picks
- Player who can play now

It's highly unlikely that anyone they get in return will be as good as Eichel. However, they need to use this move to help accelerate the rebuild and stock the system.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
Fellas... Eichel wants out and GM Kevyn isn't even a real GM. That bitchboi is going to get fleeced. If Sakic offered Rantanen, it shouldn't take longer than .5 seconds to accept the deal. Value wise it isn't a fair trade for BUF, but given the circumstances this would be a no-brainer.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Too many NTC's to move the required salary. The Sabres will be on every single no fly zone.

They would have to Nate Schmidt somebody, then trade Tuch as the main piece. I doubt they have enticing enough prospects anyhow.

Partial NTCs. Only Stone & Pietrangelo have full no moves.

Two things to consider: NYR is desperate for toughness & have coveted Reaves for years now. Gorton is gone but it won't change their desire for him. The other thing is Vegas is expansion exempt so they can make offers for players that would otherwise be exposed. This is the optimal time for them to dump cap.
Reaves to NYR for a 3rd or more.
Holden + draft pick to __ for an ED exposed skater

Then all they have to do is move a top 6 winger after the expansion draft. Marchessault is having a great season. Ideally, you'd want to keep him and see how he looks with Eichel, at least on the PP, but...

Of course, there's always the possibility that they move one of their goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad