News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
I'm a Kings fan. Asking the Sabres to retain $10M is going to raise the cost significantly, especially when the Kings have the cap space to take on the deal.

Why would they accept a deal where they retain 20% and not get one of the top prospects? Without retention, one of them would be involved along with multiple picks and a roster player. Retention would cost even more

I feel it works out, as all the player's the Sabres would receive are cost controlled. That could make that 10m over 5 years acceptable. Vilardi is going to be a 2nd line Center, Kempe is a 2/3 LW, Grans can be a 3/4 RD, and the 1st can be that elite goalie prospect. Not sure if it would be the best package available.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
So you’d rather let’s a disgruntled player sit for 5 years, tarnishing your teams reputation with players and agents, while not recieving any assets?

Let him kickstart the rebuild. Ideally, you get a player that can be a franchise cornerstone rather than a collection of peices. Just don’t know that you get that, either.

Eichel is not going to sit for 5 years, or even a year (not unless he is really dumb and wants to forfeit $10 million dollars that he'll never get back).

Again, he can request a trade but being under contract for the next 5 years the Sabres hold most of the cards.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Just because Jack is pouty and unhappy doesn't mean Buffalo is going to trade him for pennies on the dollar. A lot of these trade proposals that are being tossed out there are laughable

He is signed for 5 more seasons, and if he wants to be traded fine, he can ask for a trade but if the Sabres don't get a worthy return, he can sit out and not get paid (it's not like the Sabres were better with him in the line-up this season anyway).

If you want Eichel, you are looking at trading a first round pick, 2 blue chip prospects and an established top line scorer.

If you think that is too rich, fine, don't entertain it. If no team wants to entertain it fine, then he can come back and play with this team until someone does meet that price.

That's going to work out wonderfully.

Reactions: bleedblue94

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Edmonton has more depth after this deal. But they won't do it because they will lose an entire fan base.
If you think the Oilers are trading McDavid for that you are living in some altered reality. It’s not even close.

(Eichel + Reinhart + a mystery 1st in 2021)

There are franchises who have been around for 100 years that have never had a McDavid on their team.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
You realize that would be 5M x 5yrs of retention right?
Buffalo would never do that and if they did it would cost a hell of a lot more than a 1st. They will have no problem trading Eichel for a nice return with no retention, they might take on a 1-2yr cap dump at most to balance salaries.
So, you say they want Parise?
Interesting…
Rask, Parise, 2 1st round picks this year and a prospect if Eichel is fit to play.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
How many times do star players request trades and not get what they wanted?

You know what's a good way to be sure you alienate the rest of your team, ruin the locker room, and be sure you never get a star to sign long term for many years? Refuse to trade your captain who requested a trade because hes worried you're ruining his career...

I don't know if you're familiar with the Sabres locker room but it is already ruined.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
With that Neck issue and Buffalo having no leverage, absolutely not.

We’ll take Reinhart off your hands though and whatever other players want to leave that mess.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Buchnevich, Chytil, 1 of Miller/Lundkvist/Schneider/Jones, 1st. Can't wait to see the responses lol.
Kakko, Chytil, Lundkvist, 2021 1st

obviously itd be before or at the draft.

I just cant see Eichel going to NY without Kakko going back. And thats not a lot considering you're getting back the best player in the deal ten fold

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Horvat, Podkolzin and Rathbone.

Low end 1C, heart and soul guy, and two blue chip prospects. Pods seems a sure bet to be a top six forward with potential for more, and Rathbone seems a sure bet to be a top 4 dman with potential for mroe.

But really, teams should probably be waiting to see what happens with his rehab. Two of those injuries are from last season...

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Eichel to NJ for Pavel Zacha, Alexander Holtz, 2021 Islanders first rounder and 2022 first rounder not protected.
Id wonder if Eichel to NJ could work. We have Nico and Jack, though Eichel's game could maybe translate to wing? Not sure.

Dont think its the move since Id rather do an equivalent trade for a young stud on defense.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Horvat, Podkolzin and Rathbone.

Low end 1C, heart and soul guy, and two blue chip prospects. Pods seems a sure bet to be a top six forward with potential for more, and Rathbone seems a sure bet to be a top 4 dman with potential for mroe.

But really, teams should probably be waiting to see what happens with his rehab. Two of those injuries are from last season...
Add a first protected and thats not a bad proposal.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Kakko, Chytil, Lundkvist, 2021 1st

obviously itd be before or at the draft.

I just cant see Eichel going to NY without Kakko going back. And thats not a lot considering you're getting back the best player in the deal ten fold
I would agree, I think Kakko will have to be involved in some way. I don't think Lafreniere is going to be on the table, neither will Fox and Shesterkin doesn't really make much sense as the centerpiece. Kakko, 1st and one of Miller/Lundkvist/Schneider/Jones, with another add on that whether it's a Buch or Strome, maybe Chytil although I think the Rangers would try to avoid that if Kakko is going the other way.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Because Barzal doesn't have a potentially catastrophic neck injury.
He has a bruise on his neck that requires a doctor to rub his neck to take away his bruise. Why are people acting like he broke a bone or has a concussion. He has Abit of neck pain that will go away with a day surgery.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
30 years ago the Islanders/Sabres had blockbuster trade with Lafontaine for Turgeon. Two first line centers in there prime being traded for each other. Both players ended up having the best seasons of there career in the next couple of seasons after the trade.

This would be close to same thing with both players are entering there prime and change might be good for them. Eichel needs a change and Bazal has not reached his potential after great rookie season.

Buffalo needs more than one piece for Eichel. This would be a pass for Buffalo.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If i was the rangers i would only trade buch,strome zach jones and 1st pick for him and no I don’t want to trade kakko reason cause rangers gonna be good next year not great so why pay buch 7mil and kakko is gonna be 10 times better player then buch

there is good and there is value and there is condition

Kakko is preliminary stage of eval, had min grooming playing in NHL as a teenager til just turned 20
kid needs adjustment and irregular season due to covid

also,
no injury risk and on elc
those are big factors
is Eich better, sure
right now
but again, I will not part w/bluest blue chip elcs
PERIOD

Someone needs to pin all the Ranger posters posts because knowing Dolan, he’ll be a Ranger and they’ll pay handsomely to land him. It won’t involve Fox or Panarin but everything else will be on the table.

Once he’s a Ranger all of the usual suspect will be singing a different tune.

On the chance it’s not the Rangers, I say Red Wings.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It seemed pretty apparent that what you were saying is that BUF should be able to tell Eichel how to go forward with treating a neck injury that Eichel has to potentially live with the rest of his life, and tough shit if Eichel doesn't like it.

... Which is pretty ridiculous.

Well, then I guess your reading comprehension is just poor. That pretty clearly was not my point.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Just because Jack is pouty and unhappy doesn't mean Buffalo is going to trade him for pennies on the dollar. A lot of these trade proposals that are being tossed out there are laughable

He is signed for 5 more seasons, and if he wants to be traded fine, he can ask for a trade but if the Sabres don't get a worthy return, he can sit out and not get paid (it's not like the Sabres were better with him in the line-up this season anyway).

If you want Eichel, you are looking at trading a first round pick, 2 blue chip prospects and an established top line scorer.

If you think that is too rich, fine, don't entertain it. If no team wants to entertain it fine, then he can come back and play with this team until someone does meet that price.

I wouldn't take that kind of gamble on him, given his history on being so injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad