News: Jack Eichel has changed agents

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Perfect, the Doctors are on the Sabres side because they are paid by them, nothing biased here at all!

The Sabres doctors are just as biased as Prusmack is.

The Bills and Sabres spine surgeon was one of the leading researchers on ADR and he is likely the one saying it isn’t the right choice for Eichel.

If he went on 31 Thoughts, I bet popular opinion would shift if he said he’s worried about Eichel being paralyzed.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

The Bills and Sabres spine surgeon was one of the leading researchers on ADR and he is likely the one saying it isn’t the right choice for Eichel.

If he went on 31 Thoughts, I bet popular opinion would shift if he said he’s worried about Eichel being paralyzed.
Maybe, except he didnt say that and its entirely untrue. Prusmack did say if ADR doesnt work, the fallback is traditional disk fusion. You dont get that option if you do fusion 1st.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
That's not even close to enough for Eichel. Not to mention, it couldn't be completed for atleast a year IF Montréal even decides to match.

Regardless, Kotkaniemi as it stands today is negative value at 6.1/per
Same way i feel as a Hab fan. Canes 1st and 3rd have more value than KK at 6.1 mil.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Maybe, except he didnt say that and its entirely untrue. Prusmack did say if ADR doesnt work, the fallback is traditional disk fusion. You dont get that option if you do fusion 1st.

He plays a contact sport at the highest level, this isn't "oh the disc slipped while getting out of bed, let's get in there and do fusion". Its more along the lines of "the disc slipped while being cross checked in the throat, let's do the fusion and get him sized up for a wheelchair".

BuffaloKatanas

Jan 11, 2014
Boca Raton, FL

Yeah but it seems like the Sabres doctors aren't worried about the procedure success. ADR would be successful. They are worried about what happens when Eichel takes a big hit in the neck area with an Artificial Disk. Nobody wants to see Eichel get paralyzed during a live NHL game. I think this is why there is such a hold up. ADR makes sense for Eichel's future quality of life. However, as an NHL player, that risk of would always loom large every time he hit the ice. They're is no fusion as a second option if there is a catastrophic failure.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
He now has same Agent as Trevor Zegras, Cam Fowler, Max Jones and Jacob Perreault (Ducks)

And Jonathan toews, Patrick Kane, Seth Jones, Andrew Shaw, and Nicolas beaudin.

Brisson the agent is cream of the crop with top talents like Crosby, Kane, Toews, Giroux, et. al as clients. Think we should see a trade within a fortnight

Lol how many clients does this guy have?

edit. According to puckpedia, 52. I did not know agents have this many clients.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester

I’m completely agree with you, but if Eichel knows the risks and is OK with taking them. Ultimately I would say it’s his own choice. Maybe have him sign a waiver absolving the Sabres of any liability regarding future neck issues.

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
I’m completely agree with you, but if Eichel knows the risks and is OK with taking them. Ultimately I would say it’s his own choice. Maybe have him sign a waiver absolving the Sabres of any liability regarding future neck issues.

I doubt NHLPA lets him do that though.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Seems to be like Jack's Eichel will stay and begin his season with the buffalo sabres organization. :clap: It'll be fun and a real challenge for surely I can assure you. Lets see how he does with Victor Oloffson etc. (Oloffson is still a great goal scorer and a two way player for life.

Ledge And Dairy

Lol how many clients does this guy have?

edit. According to puckpedia, 52. I did not know agents have this many clients.
Brisson is the biggest agents in the league, he's also the agent for Crosby, MacKinnon, Kane, Toews, Giroux, Tavares, and Kopitar, and Duchene.

Apparently he played a major role in orchestrating the 3-way Duchene trade too, which may be another reason Eichel switch to him since a 3-way deal may be needed to make a trade happen

Ledge And Dairy

Seems to be like Jack's Eichel will stay and begin his season with the buffalo sabres organization. :clap: It'll be fun and a real challenge for surely I can assure you. Lets see how he does with Victor Oloffson etc. (Oloffson is still a great goal scorer and a two way player for life.
Did you just call Olofsson a 2-way player? Pretty sure he can't even skate backwards

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

In general, I agree that the player should have the biggest voice into what surgery they have.

But, what I feel should be the case doesn't matter when we are talking about a highly complicated situation with an agreed to CBA, differing medical opinions, five years and $50M remaining on a contract, the unknown impacts on insurance coverage that the different surgeries create, and the team trying to trade a player for maximum value.

Lots of people in this thread are trying to make a very complicated situation into a simple one. And that is not the case here.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Did you just call Olofsson a 2-way player? Pretty sure he can't even skate backwards
He bout that money sire. Playing that two way gezame you heard me. He was the one on that eichel line that was getting back there..... a real one for surely I can assure you sire. See him play next season and scoring at the same time. What a human being.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Bu
What's the most likely destinations for Eichel right now?
Buffalo of course sire :clap: The season is gittin closer and closer and the price is high as it every been. The price for other teams is way too high, cause they knows that buffalo can't even trade him anywhere. Therefore nobody will make the first move and eichel will definitely stay in buffalo. Forced.

Reactions: Arto Kilponen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad