News: Jack Eichel has changed agents

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You're a real heel when you wanna be you know that? That could've been us eating that shitty contract but noooo! Melnyk had to nix it. Way to dig at old wounds.
Hedman and Karlsson could have had so many more pirate parties.
also, I have to correct myself, Simpson said he had been told by his source in the Senators it was a done deal, not merely that he was hearing it, so it was even worse for him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hedman and Karlsson could have had so many more pirate parties.

18431520.jpg

My heart aches. Losing the Cup followed by choking those 3-2 series leads to the Pens and Caps in the ECF was less painful than this

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I am not saying Eichel goes to Ottawa. But I have always viewed Ottawa as a darkhorse candidate to land him. I posted that 1-2 times in previous Eichel threads.

Not many teams have both the quality and quantity of young pieces that Ottawa has.

Has anyone seen their list of prospects and/or 23 years or young players?

Plus, centre is the one position of need they have going forward. They are set almost everywhere else.

It will depend on whether Melnyk wants to sign cheques for Eichel's large salary.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I am not saying Eichel goes to Ottawa. But I have always viewed Ottawa as a darkhorse candidate to land him. I posted that 1-2 times in previous Eichel threads.

Not many teams have both the quality and quantity of young pieces that Ottawa has.

Plus, centre is the one position of need they have going forward. They are set almost everywhere else.

It will depend on whether Melnyk wants to sign cheques for Eichel's large salary.
doesn't eichel have a ntc. if he can decide, no way he goes to ott, from one trash team to another, albeit rising. I would imagine eichel has had enough of that type of talk of a teams future

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
doesn't eichel have a ntc. if he can decide, no way he goes to ott, from one trash team to another, albeit rising. I would imagine eichel has had enough of that type of talk of a teams future
Eichel has a NMC that activates during the 2022 offseason.

So Buffalo can send him anywhere they want from now until next Summer.

Reactions: Legend123

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda

The Sens have a bunch of good pieces, but like you said isn't Melnyk a penny pincher? Although Eichel puts asses in seats I'm sure Melnyk likes that idea.. I don't know your prospects well enough to make an offer but I'm sure at least one of your young centers would have to come this way..

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Eichel has a NMC that activates during the 2022 offseason.

So Buffalo can send him anywhere they want from now until next Summer.

Even with a NMC however it doesn't necessarily hurt Buffalo. If he wants out he'll waive it.

NMCs are to protect a player from being traded off the team he signed with to a different team. However if the player wants out he can't force a trade since he's under contract so much longer after the NMC kicks in.

Reactions: Blitz

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Even with a NMC however it doesn't necessarily hurt Buffalo. If he wants out he'll waive it.

NMCs are to protect a player from being traded off the team he signed with to a different team. However if the player wants out he can't force a trade since he's under contract so much longer after the NMC kicks in.
it hurts the trade return for Buffalo though.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
it hurts the trade return for Buffalo though.

Not really, If he really wants to leave BUF he'd likely waive to most contending teams - those are the teams willing to part with 1st RND picks and futures anyhow as they're closer to win-now mode.

Just means the fellow-basement dwellers like AZ/ANA/LAK/NJ were this year are likely out of the mix after July 1st - but theyre not willing to part with their young talent anyhow.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Not really, If he really wants to leave BUF he'd likely waive to most contending teams - those are the teams willing to part with 1st RND picks and futures anyhow as they're closer to win-now mode.

Just means the fellow-basement dwellers like AZ/ANA/LAK/NJ were this year are likely out of the mix after July 1st - but theyre not willing to part with their young talent anyhow.
To be honest besides NJ and AZ I think he’d go to Anaheim or the Kings if they look better this year. All the Sabres have to do is make hypothetical NMC of their own and just tell Eichel they won’t trade him in the East.

Reactions: Blitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad