News: Jack Eichel has changed agents

member 334057

While personal anecdotes are nice, Kris Letang had the ACDF procedure a few years ago on his neck and it hasn't hurt his career, so I think it's reasonable to believe that the surgeon/team performing the hypothetical ACDF procedure on Eichel will be geared more towards treating professional athletes than surgeons who treat everyday people or the elderly

Kind of surprised more people haven't brought up Letangs success. Didn't Mario Lemieux have some sort of fusion surgery back in the 90's also?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Kotkaniemi + Guhle + 1st + 2nd + 3rd for Eichel.
Projected 3C/2C, projected 2nd pair Top4 Dman, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Eichel.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Even if the habs match the KK offersheet ( we wont ) Kotkaniemi cannot be traded for 1 year
How about a package of picks (3 firsts including the Carolina one) and Drouin. He’s to help the Habs stay cap compliant.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Kotkaniemi + Guhle + 1st + 2nd + 3rd for Eichel.
Projected 3C/2C, projected 2nd pair Top4 Dman, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Eichel.

That's not even close to enough for Eichel. Not to mention, it couldn't be completed for atleast a year IF Montréal even decides to match.

Regardless, Kotkaniemi as it stands today is negative value at 6.1/per

Reactions: MacOfNiagara

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Dumbest tweet I have ever seen

derp…. I wonder why eichel is going to montreal with his gear.

guy literally knows the answer to his own question and waits just long enough to post the reply.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
My guess is that he will skate by himself and do some general drills and not play in the games.
Do you actually believe he will have a surgery once traded? I don’t for a minute. He will show up at a camp, say he feels good enough to try.... and then potentially next off season when there is a 4/5 months recovery time.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Do you actually believe he will have a surgery once traded? I don’t for a minute. He will show up at a camp, say he feels good enough to try.... and then potentially next off season when there is a 4/5 months recovery time.

I have no idea.

Given how hard he has been pushing for the surgery, I expect that he will.

Reactions: Yemeth

Ledge And Dairy

I would say 90% chance. Wait for it....
You realize even if Anaheim got Eichel for free and he was 100% healthy they would still probably be a bottom 10 team in the league right? Probably wouldn't even make the playoffs for 3 years. So by then you are down to 2 years left with Eichel and he is turning 28.

No factor in the important picks and prospects Anaheim would have to trade to get him and I could see the Ducks never once making the playoffs while he's there

Ledge And Dairy

I think most people do, you are an exception in this department.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
“Off ice only”, yet he’s bringing his equipment and sticks. Plus he was just skating in Boston with NHL players. Friedman still trying to cover for this charade.

He's attending a skills development program. A lot of what they do is off the ice ie shot grading, posture analysis, fancy bio metrics stuff, etc

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
You realize even if Anaheim got Eichel for free and he was 100% healthy they would still probably be a bottom 10 team in the league right? Probably wouldn't even make the playoffs for 3 years. So by then you are down to 2 years left with Eichel and he is turning 28.

No factor in the important picks and prospects Anaheim would have to trade to get him and I could see the Ducks never once making the playoffs while he's there
Yes! That’s why I want the Ducks 1st round pick in 2022.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad