NESN Jack Edwards

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
To me, all he's saying is that it was an unfortunate outcome for going to war with a much larger man. He dressed it up and I can see how it's insensitive to the more sensitive types, but all he's doing is pointing out the painfully obvious, which is what he does. I don't see why this got the attention it got, especially if you're familiar with Edwards.

That's all it was. Edwards trying to sensationalize it a bit but it's clear he wasn't saying it was karma. That's just wishful thinking from people who already hate him.

If you get into a net front battle with Chara, you won't win. That's the point and it's true.

Yes, Jack is annoying more often than not these days. He isn't intent to injure dumb.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Paraphrasing, but what do you think he meant?

Claiming another angle will show Chara was the victim is a qualifying statement. Playing hobby-horse riding Chara further qualifies how he feels about it, no? You poke the bear you take your chances. He's blaming Svechnikov and saying he got what was coming to him, basically implying it was karma. I mean shit, do we really have to split hairs? Everyone in the world knows what he was implying.

But hey, you believe whatever you want. The guy is a f***ing clown, IMO, and just having the team associated with a Grade A tool bag like Hack Edwards is cringe worthy.

On top of that, it wasn't Svechnikov "playing hobby horse" behind the net, it was frigging Aho. Even when trying to be edgy, Jack screws it up.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
What he said was f***ing stupid.

And no, I’m not “outraged”. I’m just calling something obvious for what it is, as others have.

I understand that some people like the guy’s goofy (I prefer “clownish”) personality or his strong fandom, but it’s pretty sad when he doesn’t get held to anything resembling any sort of professional standard.

Call me a bleeding heart, or whatever, but seeing a young star player f*** up his knee doesn’t put me in the mood to have a laugh or “gotcha” moment mere minutes after said player has been assisted off the ice with what could possibly be a career altering injury.

Not to mention that Jack’s whole “point” was not only insensitive, but factually incorrect, as the player he was referring to behind the net was Sebastian Aho.

It’s just an all around idiotic comment and decision to make it, whichever way you slice it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Toucher and Rich had some good bits with him.

There was one where they had him call play by play for classic television moments like Marcia Brady getting hit in the nose with the football.
I forgot about that one. I think his best ones were Karate Kid and Olympic speed walking

Last edited by a moderator:

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Why does Edwards assume we are all thrilled when NESN gets to broadcast a game and not NBC? When Edwards is focused he's a very good play-by-play guy, but the quirkiness and the yapping can get annoying. John Forslund, the Toronto NBCSN guy, is just as good at play by play with none of the annoyingness. That, coupled with the lack of the extremely irritating sports scroll, makes me vastly prefer the NBC broadcasts to the NESN ones. Also, though I like NESN's in-studio crew, it's good for a change to hear what others outside the Boston bubble have to say about the game.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That's all it was. Edwards trying to sensationalize it a bit but it's clear he wasn't saying it was karma. That's just wishful thinking from people who already hate him.

If you get into a net front battle with Chara, you won't win. That's the point and it's true.

Yes, Jack is annoying more often than not these days. He isn't intent to injure dumb.

Yes he is. Polak incident ring a bell? He’s an embarrassment to the organization. Anytime an opponent gets hurt he runs his karma, or poke the bear BS. His play by play has been equally as horrible as well

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
People do realize that Jack has to call the game from the TV feed right. This has to be a lot different from calling live from the arena.

It took me a couple years to get used to Jack, at first I thought he was awful compared to Dale Arnold. Ever since then, I think he is great. I enjoy his call on the game much more than national broadcast, and I actually think he is far better than Arnold was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad