NESN Jack Edwards

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Loved that call.... for me, it marks the return of Bruins hockey after a couple of really hard years.

But for me, there's a bit of a Mendela Effect going on here because I thought this call happened after the Sturm goal. I must have lived in a parallel universe at the time.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Watched his call of the Frederic vs Tanev fight. Very well done. He still has it when he isn't openly excited by the other team or selling the product as the best game of all time during a dreary game vs Arizona.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I miss Jack and have numerous favorite calls of his.

My absolute faves are his " SAVE BY THOMAS!" exclamtions, as he sounded as amazed as we fans.

By the way, with the season over is he done for the year? I know the logistics of this unprecedented playoff will be difficult, and teams are limited regarding personnel.

But it would be great to hear Jack and Brick even if only for the round robin.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I miss Jack and have numerous favorite calls of his.

My absolute faves are his " SAVE BY THOMAS!" exclamtions, as he sounded as amazed as we fans.

By the way, with the season over is he done for the year? I know the logistics of this unprecedented playoff will be difficult, and teams are limited regarding personnel.

But it would be great to hear Jack and Brick even if only for the round robin.

RSN's are contracted for the first round of the playoffs.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Loved that call.... for me, it marks the return of Bruins hockey after a couple of really hard years.

But for me, there's a bit of a Mendela Effect going on here because I thought this call happened after the Sturm goal. I must have lived in a parallel universe at the time.

I also thought that the vibrating comment was after the Sturm goal, so I was in the same universe.

As to the bolded, for me it happened after Savard's OT goal in game 3 that year (honorable mention to Peter Shaefer). Everything felt 'different' after that....

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The entire broadcast could use a shot in the arm, but it feels as though they’re content with it.

They being Tom Werner.

Brick’s long since lost his fastball.
The grab assery between he and Jack is cringey.

”Brick, some good late summer weather to get out and play a few holes.”

“He he he he he he....”

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Goucher only went to Vegas because NESN wouldn't give him the job here. He wanted the NESN job for years.[/QUOTE
Dave Goucher would've been perfect. Freaking vegas.
Vegas scored. He's fantastic. I hadn't realized it because I never listened to B's games on the radio when I lived there. He's very sharp and he has that excited voice octave too. He's popular out here.

Reactions: wintersej

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's great...except he didn't say that.

Paraphrasing, but what do you think he meant?

“What NBC hasn’t shown yet, regarding the unfortunate injury to Svechnikov: the Carolina wing playing hobby-horse, riding Chara on the back apron of the goal,” Edwards tweeted shortly after. “You poke the bear, you take your chances. No one wanted to see Svechnikov hurt, but he bit off more than he could chew.”

Claiming another angle will show Chara was the victim is a qualifying statement. Playing hobby-horse riding Chara further qualifies how he feels about it, no? You poke the bear you take your chances. He's blaming Svechnikov and saying he got what was coming to him, basically implying it was karma. I mean shit, do we really have to split hairs? Everyone in the world knows what he was implying.

But hey, you believe whatever you want. The guy is a f***ing clown, IMO, and just having the team associated with a Grade A tool bag like Hack Edwards is cringe worthy.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
What is it about Carolina that brings Jack Edwards to a completely new level of idiocy? Is it just me or doesn't it seem like some of his most stupid comments seem to occur whenever we are playing Carolina....

I still can't get over the "stripped the whale of its blubber" comment after we beat Carolina 2 years ago. You'd have thought we'd just won the Cup with the way he was carrying on.

Jesus what a d-bag.

Last edited:

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I could see a replacement coming. Although he still stirs the pot well with his ridiculous statements, which brings some views I’d assume.

Can we convert Don Orsillo to hockey? Miss that guy.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
What is it about Carolina that brings Jack Edwards to a completely new level of idiocy? Is it just me or doesn't it seem like some of his most stupid comments seem to occur when we are playing Carolina....

I still can't get over the "stripped the whale of its blubber" comment after we beat Carolina 2 years ago. You'd have thought we'd just won the Cup with the way he was carrying on.

Jesus what a d-bag.
Because it’s the old Hartford Whalers. Sore point with him. He lives in Ct.

Reactions: trenton1

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I'll never get the desire for a Bruins PBP guy who makes you proud to socialize on twitter with 10 million misanthropes.

He's a cringe factory. He might be getting worse as he ages. I will still always love him for delivering Bruins fans from the horror of Dave Shea and the paint drying boredom of Dale Arnold.

Reactions: minpind

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Paraphrasing, but what do you think he meant?

Claiming another angle will show Chara was the victim is a qualifying statement. Playing hobby-horse riding Chara further qualifies how he feels about it, no? You poke the bear you take your chances. He's blaming Svechnikov and saying he got what was coming to him, basically implying it was karma. I mean shit, do we really have to split hairs? Everyone in the world knows what he was implying.

But hey, you believe whatever you want. The guy is a f***ing clown, IMO, and just having the team associated with a Grade A tool bag like Hack Edwards is cringe worthy.

To me, all he's saying is that it was an unfortunate outcome for going to war with a much larger man. He dressed it up and I can see how it's insensitive to the more sensitive types, but all he's doing is pointing out the painfully obvious, which is what he does. I don't see why this got the attention it got, especially if you're familiar with Edwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad