Best going forward.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Must fun to be in an argument when your only argument consists of future imaginary numbers. Can't believe this is all you have to go by and you're acting like we are the irrational ones.

Yep best young D in some time with everything pointing towards that, but he is 2 games into his 19 yr season so I'm irrational.

No imaginary projecting for the Matthews brigade or anything.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Thinking about it, since this is the next 10 years we are talking about, how can anyone pick toronto?

Reilly is 25 and Dahlin is 19. Enjoy your 30yr old player while we have a 24 year old Norris stud.
I think most people agree dahlin could be better than Rielly in 10 years but you're forgetting the whole part that Matthews and Marner are quite a bit ahead of Eichel and Reinhart.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
I think most people agree dahlin could be better than Rielly in 10 years but you're forgetting the whole part that Matthews and Marner are quite a bit ahead of Eichel and Reinhart.

I think all would agree he will be significantly better than Reilly in 5 years.

Matty no rockets still isn't "quite a bit ahead" of Eichel, we will see Reinhart this year to gauge any gaps.

Man this will be a good one in a couple years (the thread).

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
except he is . matthews hit 40g as a rookie and was a ppg+ player year 2. Eichel hasnt hit 30g yet and didnt have ppg+ until year 4. One has helped the worst team in the league to three straight playoff spots averaging 100pts while the other hasnt played a playoff game in 4 years.

tsn has matthews at 6 and eichel at 29
NHL.com has matthews at 13 and eichel at 42

there is literally no metric that shows eichel as being better. dude would be the 4th best forward on the leafs

Ignoring thinking that one of those lists is anything other than worthless, you seem like a nice stat sheet watching casual fan. The type in for a rude awakening when the Sabres team is complete.

Oh and 4th best forward, a classic.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I think all would agree he will be significantly better than Reilly in 5 years.

Matty no rockets still isn't "quite a bit ahead" of Eichel, we will see Reinhart this year to gauge any gaps.

Man this will be a good one in a couple years (the thread).

LOL. Only Sith speak in absolutes. Don't be an evil Jedi.

There is no way that "all would agree" on Dahlin being a better player one day than Morgan Rielly. That's FAR from the truth. It could be argued, of course. Anything can be argued. But Rielly comes with some serious pedigree as well, and he's already becoming the Superstar people thought he would be. Rielly could easily end up better than Dahlin. Who knows?

As for Matthews and Marner.........well Matthews's first three years in the league sure showed much better stats than Eichel's first three years. That's a fact, Sith Lord.

And Marner IS miles above Reinhart. Like many, many, many, MANY miles.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
LOL. Only Sith speak in absolutes. Don't be an evil Jedi.

There is no way that "all would agree" on Dahlin being a better player one day than Morgan Rielly. That's FAR from the truth. It could be argued, of course. Anything can be argued. But Rielly comes with some serious pedigree as well, and he's already becoming the Superstar people thought he would be. Rielly could easily end up better than Dahlin. Who knows?

As for Matthews and Marner.........well Matthews's first three years in the league sure showed much better stats than Eichel's first three years. That's a fact, Sith Lord.

And Marner IS miles above Reinhart. Like many, many, many, MANY miles.

See, you don't know who Dahlin is. Reilly can not be easily better, barring injuries. Find me someone brave enough to argue that who isn't a leafs fan.

Matthews hasn't been much better even in pure stats. That is a fact right there. A little better? On a better team (for now, deffs last 4 years)? Sure.

Reinhart is still underrated, improving a lot each year and isn't slowing down.
Like I said most of you will conviently change your opinions in a year or two when the Sabres team is complete.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
See, you don't know who Dahlin is. Reilly can not be easily better, barring injuries. Find me someone brave enough to argue that who isn't a leafs fan.

Matthews hasn't been much better even in pure stats. That is a fact right there. A little better? On a better team (for now, deffs last 4 years)? Sure.

Reinhart is still underrated, improving a lot each year and isn't slowing down.
Like I said most of you will conviently change your opinions in a year or two when the Sabres team is complete.

LMAO.

No.

Wrong.

And the poll results support what I'm saying. The Leafs trio is BETTER. Woot!

:)

Reactions: Sundinisagod

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Dahlin's got the potential to be the best. But he's not there yet.
OP said moving forward and everything Dahlin did last season showed nothing but he's as good as advertised. I realize he wasn't the best out of this group last season but in 2-3 years time I have no doubt he''ll win between any in this poll barring injury.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Thinking about it, since this is the next 10 years we are talking about, how can anyone pick toronto?

Reilly is 25 and Dahlin is 19. Enjoy your 30yr old player while we have a 24 year old Norris stud.
How old was the Norris trophy winner last year?
Not to mention Dahlin wasnt even the best rookie Dman last year, hes got a long way to go before he can keep up to actual norris candidates.

Not that I'm shocked by your hilarious takes though, Buffalo fans thought Ristolainen was a future norris winner. And Zadorov. And so many more.
Hope he pans out as a decent top pairing dman though, unlike everyone else your fanbase screamed and cried was the future best in the league.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
How old was the Norris trophy winner last year?
Not to mention Dahlin wasnt even the best rookie Dman last year, hes got a long way to go before he can keep up to actual norris candidates.

Not that I'm shocked by your hilarious takes though, Buffalo fans thought Ristolainen was a future norris winner. And Zadorov. And so many more.
Hope he pans out as a decent top pairing dman though, unlike everyone else your fanbase screamed and cried was the future best in the league.

Excuse me but Dahlin isn't a "decent" top pair dman. Worst take in the thread.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Wow, you really dont think hes a decent top pairing guy yet? You might be right but thats really disappointing for a first overall Dman.

Maybe if he gets a better supporting cast and some decent coaches he can turn into one for you guys though.

So, tell us, when will Rielly turn into a legit #1, because right now, he is a defensive liability.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

Well for me the gap between Dahlin and Rielly won't be as huge as the gap between Marner and Reinhart IMO probably why I took Toronto over Buffalo though. I thought that since Matthews and Eichel are probably a wash I would prefer to have a #1D and a winger that can produce 90+ over a let's say generational dman and 65-70 center.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Maybe around the time he finished 5th in Norris voting, pretty easy to look into for new fans such as yourself. :thumbu:
So, you mean the award for putting up the most points for a defenseman? It must be because if actual defending was considered, Rielly's name would be eliminated from the discussion. FACTS.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya, Mike Green with zero Norris wins for his crazy high scoring offensive seasons in Washington says hi.

Reactions: kundahlini

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
So to summarize........

- Dahlin has never come close to doing what Rielly has(he might one day.......he might never)
- Reinhart has never come close to doing what Marner has(and he will VERY likely never)
- Eichel at least has come close to doing what Matthews has, and in fact got more points last year, but less goals

This one is not at all close.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
So, you mean the award for putting up the most points for a defenseman? It must be because if actual defending was considered, Rielly's name would be eliminated from the discussion. FACTS.
Interesting that you dont know what the award is.

Gio won the Norris by the way, not sure if you're aware of that, also didnt have the most points for a dman but dont let reality stand in the way of your FACTS

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Reino is a bit of a weak link here to be honest.
That being said, the most valuable piece is Dahlin.

Probably the Leafs trio. But if Sam has a big year, this is Sabres and not close kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad