Jack, Dahlin, Reinhart vs Matthews, Marner, Rielly

Best going forward.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Lol thhe Sabres could be last place in the league and “TheJackAttack” would still be pumping the sabres tires. Its not even a hypothetical cause the Sabres have been one of the worst teams in the league sonce like 2013, yet hes stays pumping their tires. :laugh::laugh: Why dont you wait for ur team to at least be in meaningful games past november before being so cocky bout ur team.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreeningOil

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Wow, this wasn’t really at all true and just a delusional point of view. Keep making posts like this though, don’t let me stop you.

Because it’s all Hutton that’s doing all
The work right? I bet you’ll
Say it’s dahlin next. Those are the two things people who don’t watch the sabres gravitate too because they don’t want to admit the sabres have depth at either forward or defense because that would be giving them actual credit. By suggesting it’s the goalie on a hot streak negates Any credit and attributes it all to luck And not the fact that buffalo has one of the best powerplays and even strength scoring rates, terrific additions at forward and defense and better coaching (to say the least), they’ve gotten 17 of a possible 20 points. Buffalo was winning games by one goal last year, seven in ot during that ten game stretch (we thank you so much for bringing up because we haven’t heard that before). Bottom line is last year the won games they should not have won. It was a mirage.

They also lost half a dozen games to start the year so no they didn’t get off to an amazing start like this. The last time they did though, if you want to compare starts, they only won the presidents trophy. So there’s that ....if you really want to compare starts. Ps- they absolutely will drop off and I’m not suggesting they’ll come anywhere near a presidents trophy but what you’re saying comes out of ignoranc and what you want to happen more then what statistics and the eye test actually suggest.

They’re not this good, but It’s nothing remotely close to last year in any way actually....(and even if it was it’s an anomaly for that to happen once let alone twice, especially in a two year span)

Lol, Matthews isn’t “a bit” better then Eichel. They’re the same and you can make every bit an argument that Eichel is the better player if you want to go that route, notice how he finally has a team that is scoring at rates like Matthews always has and wow he’s on the top end in scoring, you can it’s early but it was December before he missed half a month last year when he was ahead of Marner who had JT and was sixth. He’s been exactly as consistent the last two years.

He’s an elite point producer.

People can think what they want of me but I’ve never been wrong about Eichel. It’s not like I haven’t been saying this would happen the last three years and was called biased.

I don’t like to talk up the sabres for sure because they have a lot to prove still but with Eich? Yeah I’m good. He’s the real deal and nothing will stop that.

I mean what happened to Matthews is worlds better, far better, other tier, eclipsed Eichel, more then one arrow, (every one of those sayings separated by commas have been said by different posters with either leaf or some version of Matthews in their av, username or the usual suspects.)

The best part about that question is you don’t have to answer, nor do I really need you too, because it was rhetorical.

dude its like youre watching a different team. Having a bunch of depth forwards doesnt equal forward depth lmao. The Sabres have 3 legit top 6 forwards on top of that their entire dcore consists of guys that cant play d at a top 4 level, they might as well just put 5 forwards on the ice. Dahlin is going to be good but Buffalo fans act like hes already one of the best dmen, when hes still got a lot to work on defensively. Its the same as last year, they ride a hot Hutton until he craters and they fall apart.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
dude its like youre watching a different team. Having a bunch of depth forwards doesnt equal forward depth lmao. The Sabres have 3 legit top 6 forwards on top of that their entire dcore consists of guys that cant play d at a top 4 level, they might as well just put 5 forwards on the ice. Dahlin is going to be good but Buffalo fans act like hes already one of the best dmen, when hes still got a lot to work on defensively. Its the same as last year, they ride a hot Hutton until he craters and they fall apart.
hmmmmmmm- :loony:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Gotta go Toronto.... Reinhart is too far behind

Matthews >= Eichel
Marner >>> Reinhart
Dahlin >> Rielly

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

Right.

IM Watching a different team. Me. The sabres fan who watches sabres games..... as opposed to you the leaf fan who thinks buffalos first ten games this year is just like last year when it has been night and day different. In how many ways exactly? I don’t know just about every part of the game possible? Lines are different, additions Re different, coaching and system
Is different, they lost half a dozen games to
Start last year, have one of the best powerplays and even strength production in the league? Are 7-0 going into the third, are perfect at home.... I don’t want to start a big fan base thing but I don’t think leaf fans should be the ones to talk about three too forwards and a hot goalie but alright.

Of course Hutton is going to not be as hot, of course Buffalo won’t maintain this pace. You act like Ullmark isn’t a solid goalie he had one year behind a bad defense and was still reasonable. He’s been good this year too. It’s a pretty good thing Buffalo isn’t relying on an older carter Hutton who’s in the last year of his contract due to having one of the best goaltending prospects out there as well as Ullmark. It’s also a good thing that Hutton’s playing for a new contrAct somewhere right now isn’t it?

I seriously doubt you’ve watched any game this year, the only time buffalo hadn’t won this year was in overtime in Columbus and against a 5-2 ducks team at the time after losing. 2-0 on a big
Road trip

I guess Just keep hoping they lose, keep hoping the anomaly of blowing a ten game winning streak or points in nine of your first ten two
Years in a row will happen. We’re not even guaranteeing we make the playoffs but they absolutely should be playing for the wildcard and everything they’ve been says that. You just don’t want to see it. You can even see the frustration in your writing. They’re not just getting lucky their fourth line out was out changing opponents 31-7 by just a few games ago when they showed that stat.

Sheary missed a few games and has been producing, Johansson and Jokiharju as well as Colin Miller have played great to add depth, skinner has six goals and hasn’t needed Eichel for the most part since theirs a second line that can score finally with him on it. Meanwhile olofsson who lead the shl in goals and scored 30 in the ahl has been dynamite as has Reinhart. Mittlestadt has looked really dangerous too.

You do realize Buffalo hasn’t even had Montour, a guy that most teams would be happy to take in their top four (some teams would love him as a top two, not most but some) or bogosian and the ever promising Pilut. That’s literally theee dmen that could be starting on the team that they haven’t needed.

You don’t think Marcus Johansson is a top six forward? And you don’t think
Mittlestadt or Olofsson have the potential to be top six forwards?

Well with how you talk about Buffalo it’s a bloody miracle they’ve gotten 17/20 points have fun in fantasy land and we’ll keep watching the actual NHL. I have tried my best not to be cocky or anything and that’s not even what I’m being but I just sense some Insecurity that you feel Buffalo, just maybe, just might, finally be putting something good together. And it clearly bothers the hell out of you.

Last edited:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
As a Jets fan,

I'm just glad we're no longer comparing Trouba vs Rielly, Ehlers, vs Nylander, and Laine vs Matthews for once.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
You obviously weren't watching last year and this year.

The quality of play in Buffalo is trending upwards.

Dahlin promise of the playoffs preseason isn't looking so silly anymore is it?
It's still looking pretty silly given Buffalo's history. And looking even sillier to bring this up 10 games into the season.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Lol, we'll see how that record looks in November when they face Washington, Boston and 3 games against Tampa :laugh: Looks like they'll start having some pretty brutal back to back games as well.

Yea like last year, When I had a similar conversation with Sabres fans.

Sure but noone is expecting them to keep this pace up but they are playing much better this year and look good enough to be in the fight for a playoff spot this year.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Looking good enough is one thing. Guaranteeing a playoff spot is the silly part.

The only silly thing is you reading so much into that quote. It's a young kid who's confident before the start of the season. If he's wrong, it's not like anything happens.

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
Looking good enough is one thing. Guaranteeing a playoff spot is the silly part.

it's not silly, he has nothing to lose.

and it's not even a bold guarantee. making the playoffs in the nhl isn't an accomplishment. more than half the teams make the playoffs.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Since 2016

Player A 216 points in 223 games. .97 PPG
Player B 219 points in 217 games. 1.01 PPG

Heres a hint, Matthews isnt the one at a full ppg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino