Jack, Dahlin, Reinhart vs Matthews, Marner, Rielly

Best going forward.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Point totals are useless without context

Like the fact Marner played on the 3rd line until late in his 2nd year? Reinhart has been given every opportunity with the best of the Sabres and hasn’t come close to Marner’s 94 points.

I was trying to be generous without mentioning the 94 point season but hell..

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Like the fact Marner played on the 3rd line until late in his 2nd year? Reinhart has been given every opportunity with the best of the Sabres.
Reinhart played like 40 seconds more per game on average in his first 3 seasons. On a team that doesn't play at a breakneck pace that inflates offensive numbers.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
I choose Torontos trio. Dahlin still has a lot to learn to be considered equal to Riellys level and that is no easy task, I like his upside tho. For the rest of them I just think the Toronto players are better.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Both are very good groups, but I give the edge to edge to Buffalo. Dahlin is the difference maker to myself in any event. Kid is just a straight out beast.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Matthews > Eichel

Marner >>> Reinhart

Dahlin > Rielly

Leafs fairly clearly. Dahlin doesn't make up the gap created by Matthews/Marner

The C are ~ equal, Dahlin most definitely tips the scale here.

Are you suggesting that the gap between the D is equal to the gap between the C? This is the next decade.

Reinhart also being underrated by many still, should change soon.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Homer vote, went with Sabres. Buffalo fans know Reinhart is still getting better and might turn into a ppg player this year, but trying to convince someone he could end up proving Marner's equal.. it'd seem ridiculous until it happens. I like Eichel over Matthews as well, but good luck convincing anyone outside of Buffalo on that one.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The C are ~ equal, Dahlin most definitely tips the scale here.

Are you suggesting that the gap between the D is equal to the gap between the C? This is the next decade.

Reinhart also being underrated by many still, should change soon.

Are you f***ing serious? When was the last time a player like Reinhart was compared to a player coming off a 90+ point season?

And you are actually saying Dahlin tips the scale here??

Is this really the popular opinion? My god

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Considering it more and more it’s closer than I originally felt. I still feel like Reinhart is pushing it to Toronto’s favour but I see the argument for the gap between Dahlin and Riles potentially being larger over the next decade. I feel like the safe bet is the Leafs while the Sabres mayyyy have a bit more potential.

Reactions: Mitts888

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Matthews > Eichel
Marner > Reinhart
Dahlin > Rielly

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Are you ****ing serious? When was the last time a player like Reinhart was compared to a player coming off a 90+ point season?

And you are actually saying Dahlin tips the scale here??

Is this really the popular opinion? My god

Calm down there chief, no one directly compared 'em, it's a question of the overall trios. Obviously Marner's been much better to this point, but Buff fans see Reinhart continually improving- he could end up being a 90 point dude himself. I know, crazy talk, but watch how this season plays out. And ya, Dahlin tipping the scales makes sense- Rielly is good, but Dahlin could be.. y'know, the G word.

Now, we can have a nice, calm, rational discussion, or Leafs fans can be oversensitive AF at the merest suggestion that the world doesn't revolve around them and their 3 very special oh so wonderful players. Which is preferred?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Dumb hyperbole doesn’t really help.
I voted Toronto too, but it is closer than you’re admitting. Obviously Marner vs Reinhart is the one that tips it, but the other two are close.
It's not hyperbole. Literally all 3 of the Toronto players are better than the Buffalo players. Considering we are projecting outwards for the next 10 years and this is HF, I understand people overrating Dahlin based on potential, but this comparison is ridiculous.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
It's not hyperbole. Literally all 3 of the Toronto players are better than the Buffalo players. Considering we are projecting outwards for the next 10 years and this is HF, I understand people overrating Dahlin based on potential, but this comparison is ridiculous.

Do you really not know who Rasmus Dahlin is? Eichel is literally not worse than Matthews :dunno:

Reactions: sabremike

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
LOL. Projection is for this season. Reinhart way underrated here and Eichel has turned into a complete player. Has Mathews even passed the puck yet this season?

Dahlin 4 points in 2 games and a plus 4.
Reilly 5 points in 3 games and a minus 1.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Calm down there chief, no one directly compared 'em, it's a question of the overall trios. Obviously Marner's been much better to this point, but Buff fans see Reinhart continually improving- he could end up being a 90 point dude himself. I know, crazy talk, but watch how this season plays out. And ya, Dahlin tipping the scales makes sense- Rielly is good, but Dahlin could be.. y'know, the G word.

Now, we can have a nice, calm, rational discussion, or Leafs fans can be oversensitive AF at the merest suggestion that the world doesn't revolve around them and their 3 very special oh so wonderful players. Which is preferred?

So rational means Reinhart could potentially be as good as a younger player who has significantly outscored him. Currently all leaf players are better than their Sabres counterparts but I find it hilarious that potential is the Sabres fans’ main argument when 2 of the 3 leaf players are younger than their Sabres counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->