Injury Report: Jack Campbell "Out for weeks"

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Why dont we see how Hutch plays in his first game before we throw him to the wolves.

Sometimes players do bounce back in this league. We may be surprised.

And the fact that we had a heavy schedule to start plays in our favor not having to play Hutch as much in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Auston 316

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I'm not sure what the timeline is as it's very unclear, but I damn sure hope he isn't out until March, that could easily cost us 8-10 points if Hutchinson plays 5-6 games.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Jack Campbell’s last win limping in the crease and just batting when he likely should have been taken out and wouldn’t leave is the most impressionable things I’ve seen from the leafs in a long time. Personally i loved it.
Marner previously in the Winnipeg game told Pionk where to shove it when he ran at Marner before Marner scored the EN goal. Just punked Pionk i like to call it. P!ssed off every jet on the ice :)
Then Muzzy puck flips Tkachuk and laughs at him when he comes unglued.
Previously Simmonds fills in Chariot in the Montreal game for his cross checks in front of the net.

Is anyone else putting together the character Leafs are showing. I know it’s little things but they are adding up. I like it and just wanted to mention it.

Campbell fighting off barely being able to get up and finishing for the win was special still. Warrior mentality like that rubs off and its showing in different way. This team is building sonething

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
uh watch it again it wasn't Brodie my friend

Brodie was inside... Tkachuk had to practically dive over him to land on Campbell

That wasn’t as ignorant of Tkachuk as is being made out. I could give it a pass. Tkachuk actually put his hand down on Campbell first so he would land hard on him. Just saying. Watch Tkachuks left hand and lets move on from this. Bogosian done the right thing etc. Over with for me.

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
Jack Campbell’s last win limping in the crease and just batting when he likely should have been taken out and wouldn’t leave is the most impressionable things I’ve seen from the leafs in a long time. Personally i loved it.
Marner previously in the Winnipeg game told Pionk where to shove it when he ran at Marner before Marner scored the EN goal. Just punked Pionk i like to call it. P!ssed off every jet on the ice :)
Then Muzzy puck flips Tkachuk and laughs at him when he comes unglued.
Previously Simmonds fills in Chariot in the Montreal game for his cross checks in front of the net.

Is anyone else putting together the character Leafs are showing. I know it’s little things but they are adding up. I like it and just wanted to mention it.

Campbell fighting off barely being able to get up and finishing for the win was special still. Warrior mentality like that rubs off and its showing in different way. This team is building sonething

Tops. And it's time Keefe shows some of the same...go call out the shitty reffing. Get tossed from a game fighting for his players. Go call Tkachuk a punk post-game.

Mar 26, 2010
Must be a significant injury to keep him out this long. Anyone know what it is?

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
YEAH, in this case no news is bad news. Strange not more has been mentioned.

Weeks is very vague. 2 weeks-8 weeks-12 weeks...who knows?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I expect Hutch to get the start against Ottawa with Andersen the next 2 against Montreal. Sooner or later we need give Andersen some rest he cannot play every game until Campbell is back.

I expect everyone will be surprised in Hutch's game when he finally gets a start. He seemed to have turned things around in latter stages of last season and the playoffs for Colorado.

I still believe everyone should give the guy a shot before jumping all over him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why dont we see how Hutch plays in his first game before we throw him to the wolves.

Sometimes players do bounce back in this league. We may be surprised.

And the fact that we had a heavy schedule to start plays in our favor not having to play Hutch as much in the next couple of weeks.

Because we know how he plays we don't need to see it ever again he's played more than enough

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I expect Hutch to get the start against Ottawa with Andersen the next 2 against Montreal. Sooner or later we need give Andersen some rest he cannot play every game until Campbell is back.

I expect everyone will be surprised in Hutch's game when he finally gets a start. He seemed to have turned things around in latter stages of last season and the playoffs for Colorado.

I still believe everyone should give the guy a shot before jumping all over him.
I don’t trust him. Thats it. He means nothing to me. I would rather slam a complete Rookie in and definitely would like to get a goalie on waivers thats more consistent. I think he dropped a 5 spot in his last Colorado game too. He’s a 5 against goalie. I can’t wipe that memory

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Yes he can and he should

We did give Hutchinson a shot he failed

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Missing Campbell! Honestly I'm hoping he's our 1A/1B with someone if Freddy asks for too much after this season. Hutchinson should see a start against Ottawa and not hurt us too bad

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What is with the people saying give Hutchinson a shot? did you forget how bad he was? he doesn't deserve it.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
What is with the people saying give Hutchinson a shot? did you forget how bad he was? he doesn't deserve it.

We have a 5 games in 8 days stretch coming up. Brace yourself man we're going to see Hutchinson start a game next week. Maybe take a mental health day and don't watch if seeing him start a game in blue and white is going to cause such angst lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad