Injury Report: Jack Campbell "Out for weeks"

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Actually, I didn't mention his previous season at all. He was awful last season. It happens. That doesn't mean you need to exaggerate how bad he is as a player, and go on a huge rant every time he's mentioned. We're talking about starting him in 1 game against the last place team in the division, and only due to an injury and the back-to-back. Not a big deal.

You have mentioned his previous season multiple times in the past which is an even smaller sample size.

But the sample size I used was to small because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Here is the reality Hutchinson was shit, there are no lies you can tell, or ways you can spin it to make it look good.

Hutchinson was shit it's that simple

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You have mentioned his previous season multiple times in the past which is an even smaller sample size. But the sample size I used was to small because it doesn't fit your narrative.
I didn't mention his previous season at all. The only time I've ever really mentioned it was when people (like you) were using hindsight to claim that his career worst season was somehow inevitable, and claim that he was garbage throughout his career and entire time as a Leaf, which was wrong. Neither of those sample sizes are enough to draw conclusions about a player. The simple fact is that Hutchinson is not an ideal goalie to have as a backup, and he was not good for us last year, but he's only there right now due to injury, and you massively exaggerate how bad he is as a player. Playing him for one game is not the end of the world.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hutch should start two out of three against Ottawa. Then let Anderson start another 7-8 game run on Feb 20th.

Feb 13 vs Habs - Andersen
Feb 15 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Feb 17 vs Ottawa - Andersen
Feb 18 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Feb 20 @ Montreal - Anderson
Feb 22 vs Calgary - Andersen
Feb 24 vs Calgary - Andersen
Feb 27 @ Edmonton - Andersen
Mar 1 @ Edmonton - Andersen
Mar 3 @ Edmonton - Hutch
Mar 4 @ Vancouver - Andersen
Mar 6 @ Vancouver - Andersen
Mar 9 vs Winnipeg - Andersen
Mar 11 vs Winnipeg - Andersen
Mar 13 vs Winnipeg - Andersen
Mar 14 @ Ottawa - Hutch
Mar 19 vs Calgary - Andersen

Last edited:

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Hutch should start two out of three against Ottawa. Then let Anderson start another 7-8 game run on Feb 20th.

Feb 15 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Feb 18 vs Ottawa - Hutch

Seems about right. He should get 2 of 3 Ottawa games. Its the right thing to do. Last thing we want is to ride Andersen to hard and we lose him. If we beat Montreal on Saturday its a no brainer since we would have opened up a nice gap over those chasing us.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Feb 15 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Feb 18 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Mar 3 @ Edmonton - Hutch
Mar 14 @ Ottawa - Hutch

I hope Campbell is back by March 3rd/4th. Thats what another 3 weeks.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
No I don't think they'd go with Woll, that would be beyond stupid since according to AHL.COM his last game was March 11th 2020 that's 11 months today they wouldn't throw a guy that hasn't played in 11 months into an NHL game.

If Hutchinson or Freddy get hurt and Campbell still can't go they go get somebody

For one game? Lol. I'd like to see Woll back up Hutchinson on Thursday and Freddy get the full night off.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

Feb 15 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Feb 18 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Mar 3 @ Edmonton - Hutch
Mar 14 @ Ottawa - Hutch

So we're just conceding that third game to Edmonton on March 3rd?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Feb 15 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Feb 18 vs Ottawa - Hutch
Mar 3 @ Edmonton - Hutch
Mar 14 @ Ottawa - Hutch

Agreed. Spare Anderson the b2b. My only change might be the Edmonton/Vancouver series. If we win the first two Edmonton games (or get at least three points) start Hutch. Otherwise give him Vancouver game one.

If Campbell is back then we needn't worry though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Glad Campbell is back on the ice. Probably still a couple of weeks away but we may only need to survive on Hutch start before Campbell is ready to return.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
The team right behind us has a week off, they play three in a row against the worst team, and Freddy leads netminders in minutes and starts.

Notice how the trend with Freddy has been poor-average start, hot play up til January, then a few down months? He looks better with more action but he does get worn down.

The band-aid is gonna have to come off Hutchinson sometime. Ottawa isn't good but always plays us hard, but I think we overwhelm them.

Give Hutch tonight, if he looks alright and they pull three of four points in the first two games then give him Thursday.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Halleluja, glad it wasnt serious, hopefully he is ready next week or end of this week already, but im not so scared of Hutch in net, our team D has looked better than last year

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Yes, Hutch was not good for us last year. Yes he is not good overall.

But like we lead the division and his potential game is against the worst team in the league.

People pulling their hair out about starting Hutch. It is quite dramatic. There could be worse things/decisions/situations that could be plaguing/challenging this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad