Injury Report: Jack Campbell "Out for weeks"

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Like it or not Hutch is going to get the second back to back, and really it's the best opportunity for him to show he's better than he showed last year. We'll be at home, facing a lowly (if not tenacious, especially against us) Sens team and we'll both be on a back to back. If Hutch can't perform there then yeah we can discuss never playing him again. Otherwise you're asking Freddy to start two nights in a row when we really need to keep him as fresh as possible come the playoffs.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
2 ways to play:

1. Nervous sloppy hockey because you're just waiting for Hutchinson to blow it.

2. Hard energetic hockey that takes the pressure off Hutchinson because you're carrying the play.

We've usually done the first one but need to see the 2nd one.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I have faith in our teams defence this season that maybe Hutchinson can win us at least 1 game, especially when it's against Ottawa.

You MIGHT get away with it against Ottawa because it's Ottawa but I REALLY don't trust Hutchinson is in net and defense has nothing to do with it, I don't blame the defense when Hutchinson is in net he's THAT bad.

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Like it or not Hutch is going to get the second back to back, and really it's the best opportunity for him to show he's better than he showed last year. We'll be at home, facing a lowly (if not tenacious, especially against us) Sens team and we'll both be on a back to back. If Hutch can't perform there then yeah we can discuss never playing him again. Otherwise you're asking Freddy to start two nights in a row when we really need to keep him as fresh as possible come the playoffs.
Nope.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
You MIGHT get away with it against Ottawa because it's Ottawa but I REALLY don't trust Hutchinson is in net and defense has nothing to do with it, I don't blame the defense when Hutchinson is in net he's THAT bad.

Nobody trusts Hutchinson but Andersen can't play every game until Campbell gets back

If we overuse Andersen and break him we are in big, big trouble so for the sake of the rest of the season that sieve Hutchinson needs to play the b2b at the very least

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would be very surprised if it happens. Keefe will give him one of the back to backs. Heck Hutch could get hurt in practice and I'd imagine he'd go to Woll before playing Freddy in both.

Its just one game. Relax guys.

No I don't think they'd go with Woll, that would be beyond stupid since according to AHL.COM his last game was March 11th 2020 that's 11 months today they wouldn't throw a guy that hasn't played in 11 months into an NHL game.

If Hutchinson or Freddy get hurt and Campbell still can't go they go get somebody

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hutchinson should play all the ottawa games.

If the Leafs can't beat the sens with Hutch they aren't contenders.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
large sample if Hutch delivers .890 he is playable. I trust that he can deliver this.
Last year was really the only season he has been under .900, he is just 30 years old. Prime age for goalies.

Chalk it up to a bad run with tough usage.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
1. Hutch isn't a guaranteed loss. Ya he lowers our chances, but a guarantee is being over dramatic.

2. Properly resting Andersen may be worth more than the potentially lost 2 points. We haven't lost in regulation in 3 weeks and by then it could very well be a month. It won't kill us.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I only want to see Hutchinson play in back-to-backs, but you're massively exaggerating things, based on one small sample from last year.

You like to bring up his "good" run the previous season in which still had a losing record and is an even smaller sample size.

He was AWFUL last season

3.66 GAA 886 Save%

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I don't mind Hutchinson against Ottawa, better to give them two points than anybody else in the division. Much more important that Andersen isn't fatigued for the playoffs.

He put up decent numbers in the playoffs against Dallas, it's not inconceivable that he can beat Ottawa.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
1. Hutch isn't a guaranteed loss. Ya he lowers our chances, but a guarantee is being over dramatic.

2. Properly resting Andersen may be worth more than the potentially lost 2 points. We haven't lost in regulation in 3 weeks and by then it could very well be a month. It won't kill us.

It's not a guaranteed loss but that's entirely because if he plays it's likely Ottawa

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You like to bring up his "good" run the previous season in which still had a losing record and is an even smaller sample size.
He was AWFUL last season
3.66 GAA 886 Save%
Actually, I didn't mention his previous season at all. He was awful last season. It happens. That doesn't mean you need to exaggerate how bad he is as a player, and go on a huge rant every time he's mentioned. We're talking about starting him in 1 game against the last place team in the division, and only due to an injury and the back-to-back. Not a big deal.

Reactions: Lumberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad