Jack Campbell - a legit starter or hot streak?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
His run is about as impressive as Michael Hutchinson's with the Jets and Hammond's with the Senators. Not saying that's his fate but it's much more common for goalies to come out of nowhere hot and then fade away than it is for them to come out of nowhere and suddenly be a star.

With that being said, nothing can tilt the playoffs like a hot goalie.

74GP with a .920 save percentage is pretty good if you ask me.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
He seems like a great guy. I definitely think he’ll get the chance to run with the #1 next year for sure. No way Leafs can afford Andersen, even if they wanted too,

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I seriously couldn't be happier. My two favorite teams coming together on a trade, and it couldn't have worked out better. Having met Campbell a couple times, hes as good of a goalie as he is a person. Love this for everyone involved

Agreed. He seems like pure class. Loved that he literally went out of his way to thank the Kings organization. Speaks a lot to his character.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
He seems like a great guy. I definitely think he’ll get the chance to run with the #1 next year for sure. No way Leafs can afford Andersen, even if they wanted too,

Don't think they planned on having him back anyway. Use his cap for other things.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Thank you, LA Kings.

Speaking of the kings, this run is reminiscent of Cristobal Huet when he got traded from the kings and went on to become the fan favourite in montreal, while being a big part of their turnaround that season.

I think it would be a mistake to go into the postseason continuing to roll the dice on him. They have to set their sights higher, but we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I seriously couldn't be happier. My two favorite teams coming together on a trade, and it couldn't have worked out better. Having met Campbell a couple times, hes as good of a goalie as he is a person. Love this for everyone involved
Heyyy, another Leafs/Kings bro. I thought I was the only one on here.

He really does seem like he’d be such a good genuine guy in person

Reactions: JKG33

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Speaking of the kings, this run is reminiscent of Cristobal Huet when he got traded from the kings and went on to become the fan favourite in montreal, while being a big part of their turnaround that season.

I think it would be a mistake to go into the postseason continuing to roll the dice on him. They have to set their sights higher, but we'll see how it goes.
Uh huh, and what’s that based off of - you know, outside of what you hope it’s like?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We’ll see what it’s like when he faces adversity. Playing in Toronto and Montreal is great at first, especially when everything’s going your way in small samples. Let’s see how he reacts when the media and fans start breaking down every goal he lets in.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Thank you, LA Kings.

He really is a likable guy. This Leaf team is prob 1 of the most likable teams I have seen over the last 25 yrs of my Leafs fandom. We have the younger guys who just love hockey and you can tell they are having fun, add in the vets being rejuvenated by the young guys love of the game.

Heyyy, another Leafs/Kings bro. I thought I was the only one on here.

He really does seem like he’d be such a good genuine guy in person
Hey maybe we can get Campbell to call L.A and get us a deal on Iafallo lol

malton

Feb 17, 2009
A little bit of column A and a little bit of Column B.

He looks good out there.

Reactions: bukwas

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
We’ll see what it’s like when he faces adversity. Playing in Toronto and Montreal is great at first, especially when everything’s going your way in small samples. Let’s see how he reacts when the media and fans start breaking down every goal he lets in.
He's dealt with more than his fair share of adversity already in his career. I'm pretty sure he'll be fine with the toronto pressure

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Pitt won a cup having to use both Fleury and Murray one year.

This could be the same with the Leafs this year.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I think he's legit some players develop differently at a irregular pace and Jack seems to be one of those goalies I think the leafs have a really good goalie in the crease tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad