Player Discussion: J.T. Miller

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Lightning' started by Werewolf, Feb 28, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. AlwaysSunnyInTampa

AlwaysSunnyInTampa At last!! Street cred is mine!

Wouldn't you like to know
    Somewhere in the 20's draft range puts in range to trade with Kings (20) Sharks (21) Senators (22) Ducks (23) Wild (24) Leafs (25)

Off the top of my head without checking salaries I suppose the Leafs might our best bet because it looks like JVR is a less than certain thing to return to Toronto and I know Miller would cost less.

2. DFC

DFC Registered User

JVR's the one reason why I'm not sure the Leafs would be in. They're rumored to be "done" with him, and he's a better player than Miller who wouldn't need a whole lot more money.

I think we're gonna look West. The Sharks signing Kane (for an absurd amount) could be a signal they're trying to get younger on the fly. I'm not sure what their cap situation is, but they might be itchy to spend whatever they have left of that Joe Thornton money on a younger, (much, much) lesser version of him.

The one East team that's a bit interesting is Ottawa. You have to think if they're serious about keeping Karlsson, they're going to have to show him some sort of commitment to winning, which means bolstering their roster. And, because it's Ottawa, that'll have to be done on a tight budget.

3. HoseEmDown

HoseEmDown Registered User

I can see New Jersey as being very interested. They overachieved last year and made the playoffs but that team is lacking in talent but they aren't that young where they can wait on development. I see them trying to make some moves to improve the roster to make the playoffs again. The 17th could be in play or Severson. Severson had a down year last season but before that was a good looking young top 4 RD. Signed for a little over 4mil so not too bad going forward when we let Girardi and Coburn go. Would also make us possibly not need Stralman if he rebounds.