Prospect Info: Ives Final 2020 Draft Rankings -- Top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Even if Zajac agreed to me moved would he bring back a 1st? I doubt it. I’d expect something similar to what Greene brought back.

I certainly hope they don’t trade both Palmieri and Gusev.

I'd be a bit bummed if we traded either Palms or Goose.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Right now, if I'm Mr. Fitzgerald, I'd be willing to move Butcher and Wood for the right offer, but otherwise I'd want to wait until the trade deadline unless someone absolutely blew me away with an offer.

I mean, if a possible lottery team offered their 2021 first round pick plus a top prospect for Palmieri, I'd consider it. But I don't see anyone doing that just yet, so I'd rather just hold onto him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Even if Zajac agreed to me moved would he bring back a 1st? I doubt it. I’d expect something similar to what Greene brought back.

I bet Lou would move a 1st for him but you never know

Goodrow brought one last year.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

lou might. they can put him on the third line, pageau can go to wing

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Right now, if I'm Mr. Fitzgerald, I'd be willing to move Butcher and Wood for the right offer, but otherwise I'd want to wait until the trade deadline unless someone absolutely blew me away with an offer.

I mean, if a possible lottery team offered their 2021 first round pick plus a top prospect for Palmieri, I'd consider it. But I don't see anyone doing that just yet, so I'd rather just hold onto him.
You are on a roll tonight with the posts. Totally agree. I am really not seeing any team other than TBL that has bad enough cap problems that they have to trade a good young player. I have a feeling this offseason will be quiet for the Devils trade wise. Part of that is my preference for the Devils to use all 3 firsts as picks. I cannot see anyone trading a 1st that could be a lottery pick for one year of Palms. Just a hunch the Devils will get a nice pickup in UFA with what I anticipate will be a drop in FA salaries/terms.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I bet Lou would move a 1st for him but you never know

Goodrow brought one last year.
Goodrow got Tampa’s 1st (with Philly’s 3rd going back to Tampa) because he has a 925k cap hit and was signed for another year. The reason Tampa overpaid was they needed dirt cheap players and Zajac makes 5.75m.

I boldly predict that no pending UFAs will be traded by any team until we are much closer to the start of the season because **gestures at general chaos and unknown future**

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Goodrow got Tampa’s 1st (with Philly’s 3rd going back to Tampa) because he has a 925k cap hit and was signed for another year. The reason Tampa overpaid was they needed dirt cheap players and Zajac makes 5.75m.

I boldly predict that no pending UFAs will be traded by any team until we are much closer to the start of the season because **gestures at general chaos and unknown future**

oh I meant at the trade deadline, not this offseason

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I would wager that Castron agrees with me that Sanderson and Drysdale will be gone by #7 -- and that reaching for any defenseman at #20 over some of the high upside forwards likely to be available in those spots would be a very bad idea.

Listen, folks, I'm a huge fan of Schneider and Guhle, but the 2020 draft is ridiculously deep in something the Devils need desperately -- high-caliber scoring forwards to compliment and emerging elite center duo of Hughes & Hischier. And those are the only two defensemen who should be even considered in the #10-#20 range by any team which knows what they're doing at the draft.

I'm personally hoping both Schneider and Guhle go in the #11-#17 range so that it's not an issue. And again, they're both terrific prospects. But 2021 draft is deep on defensemen and 2020 is thin, it's just as simple as that.

How can you say that with a straight face when you have already admitted there is a Lovejoy comparison in this year’s draft class. Honestly, sometimes I think I’m taking crazy pills.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Dorion stated publicly a while back that he saw big talent drops at 4, 12 and 18 (I think) so i wouldn't be shocked if he tries to get that 18OA pick. As a sens fan i would make that deal.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Would anyone make this deal?

Sens: 5+28
Devils: 7+18
No but talk to Fitz when you’re on the clock.

I don’t see the point of a trade that doesn’t at least get us an extra pick but then again I don’t have one must have guy I’d die for here. I’d be more interested in 28 with a 2nd or likely just not trade.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Probably not. There's just nobody I'm dying to get at 5 over someone I want at 7...and honestly, the people I do want could very well be there at 7 anyway.

Plus, I just don't think it's very likely from a Devils organization standpoint.

That being said you want to talk something like 20 for 28 & 33, or 20 for 28 + 52 + 71, I'm willing to talk about it (18 would be on the table as well, of course)

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
if I have a chance to get one of sanderson or drysdale, hell yes

You’ll have a chance at one of Sanderson or Drysdale at 7 without giving up 18 anyway. And in the slim chance they’re both gone, start celebrating because you get your choice of Rossi and Raymond. There’s just no reason to give up assets move to 5 unless it’s Quinton Byfield, which will never happen.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
and 2021 is apparently going to chock full of defensemen...i almost wish we had 3 first rounders next year instead. or too.
too fine
instead no

next years draft is said to be weaker. covid derailed development and scouting. i expecte a crap shot. if nj acquires a first round pick in 2021, allow protection and hope for it to slide to 2022 (shane wright draft).

Reactions: StevenToddIves

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

i would wait and see until draft night. assuming lafreniere, byfield and stutzle go in the first three picks,
  • if detroit picks perfetti or rossi (or askarov), i wouldn't trade up, as i am happy with the choice of drysdale, sanderson and raymond
  • if detroit picks raymond or drysdale, i would only offer 7 + 20
  • if detroit picks sanderson, i would offer 7+18 with drysdale as the target

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
I don’t think moving up two spots is worth dropping 10 spots unless laf or something was still on the board at 5, then I would lol

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad