Prospect Info: Ives Final 2020 Draft Rankings -- Top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
2020 Ives Final Top 100 NHL Draft Rankings
It’s a lot of work, but the one thing a crazy 2020 has accomplished was giving me more time for more research on more prospects. This draft is a bit weird — it’s extraordinary in talent at RW (an amazing 17 of my top 50 players) and LW (#1, #7 and #9 overall and almost 30% of my top 100). Conversely, we’re only average at center depth and pretty poor at D, with only 6 players in my top 40, which might be a record low.

P.S. Goalies not included.

ROUND ONE:

1) LW Alex Lafreniere, Rimouski QMJHL
quite simply, the next NHL mega-star.
2) C Quinton Byfield, Sudbury OHL a rare mix of elite size and speed up the middle, combined with elite skill-set gives him the highest upside in this draft
3) C/LW Tim Stutzle, Mannheim DEL electrifying combination of speed, hands and vision is tops in the class of 2020
4) C Marco Rossi, Ottawa OHL best two-way center in the draft. Revered for a rare combo of compete level and hockey IQ, the prodigal Austrian also features dazzling offensive skills
5) LD Jake Sanderson, US-NTDP USHL shut-down defensemen with elite skating and high-end offensive ability are scarcely as polished as this stud
6) RD Jamie Drysdale, Erie OHL best offensive defenseman in the draft compares closely to a younger Cale Makar
7) LW/RW Lucas Raymond, Frolunda SHL dazzling combo of speed/hands/vision plays like hybrid of Marner and Gaudreau
8) RW Seth Jarvis, Portland WHL the #8 slot might be higher than many see Jarvis, but I had a tough time deciding between him and Raymond at #7 — just an extraordinary offensive player with an off-the-charts compete level
9) LW/C Cole Perfetti, Saginaw OHL he’s like The Ice King — Perfetti thinks the game like a supercomputer and slows down the game to find your weakness and exploit it; the sum is greater than the parts with this lethal scoring machine
10) RW Jack Quinn, Ottawa OHL merciless sniper with great vision and two-way acumen had the highest developmental arc of any 2020 forward
11) RW Alexander Holtz, Djurgarden SHL best pure sniper in the 2020 class also has a very solid all-around game; will score at any level
12) RW Jacob Perreault, Sarnia OHL his upside is preposterous — absolutely elite skating, vision and shooting; but will his intangibles propel his freakish abilities to their stratospheric potential?
13) RW Dawson Mercer, Chicoutimi QMJHL sick hands, razor-sharp hockey mind and a two-way, power game = star upside in the NHL
14) RW Noel Gunler, Lulea SHL incredible mix of shooting and skating is comparable to Holtz, but a bit mercurial in his 200-foot game
15) LW Rodion Amirov, Salavat Ufa KHL undeniably elite offensive skills and a very complete package, just needs to build strength and the future is his
16) C Anton Lundell, HIFK FIN ultra-smart and polished two-way center is NHL ready now, the only question is how much will he score?
17) C Tristen Robins, Saskatoon WHL I’m sure to take some heat here but Robins is everything big in an NHL player except physically — dynamic offensively and plays with as much heart as anyone in the class of 2020; a lot of Brayden Point qualities here
18) LW/C Dylan Holloway, University of Wisconsin NCAA the prototypical power forward, tough and nasty, also possesses the requisite skill to play with a top scoring line
19) LW/RW Lukas Reichel, Eisbaren Berlin DEL absurdly smart and competitive winger keeps impressing and defying expectation with a sneaky-good offensive skill-set
20) RD Braden Schneider, Brandon WHL best defensive RD in the draft and it’s not close; this big, physical force is smart and skates well, projects to a shut-down stud at the NHL level
21) C/LW Connor Zary, Kamloops WHL smart and polished two-way center does everything well and is can’t-miss as can’t-miss gets
22) LD Kaiden Guhle, Prince Albert WHL fast and physical shut-down defenseman also features an absolute bomb from the point
23) C Hendrix Lapierre, Chicoutimi QMJHL “wild-card” of the 2020 draft, his passing vision is second only to Lafreniere but injuries have been scary; Lapierre could literally be drafted anywhere from just outside top 10 to late 2nd round
24) LW/C Jan Mysak, Hamilton OHL sniping winger is actually under appreciated for his all-around game and will score at any level
25) C Marat Khusnutdinov, SKA-St. Petersburg MHL like Robins, the only criticism against this blue-chipper is size — a ferociously competitive and enormously skilled two-way center with big-time potential
26) RW Ozzy Wiesblatt, Prince Albert WHL dual-threat winger with a motor that never quits is going to be a fan favorite wherever he plays
27) RW Luke Evangelista, London OHL extremely underrated forward who forces you to like him more each time you watch him; incredibly smart with sneaky good offensive skills, expect a big draft +1 campaign in London
28) RW/LW Dmitry Rashevsky, MHK St. Petersburg MHL just when we think we know anything at all, a kid like this comes out of nowhere after being undrafted in 2019 and blows the doors off with a ridiculous combination of hands and shooting. A first-line NHL talent — if he can improve his skating explosiveness, just look out.
29) LD Ryan O’Rourke, Sault Ste. Marie OHL do-it-all defenseman will shut it down on defense, chip in with reliable offense, and lead your team both in the locker room and the ice with high character and high compete
30) C Ridly Greig, Brandon WHL heart-and-soul, two-way forward gets the most of his abilities… which are also notably impressive in their own right
31) RD Brock Faber US-NTDP USHL rock-solid shut-down D has size and very good skates; plays conservative but possesses a sneaky-good offensive skill set

ROUND TWO:

32) RW/C Mavrik Bourque, Shawinigan QMJHL
sniping forward wields a litany of shots which can all beat you from anywhere; terrific offensive weapon in all respects but skating is a question
33) RW Tyson Foerster, Barrie OHL big winger with one of the deadliest snipes in the draft, very smart with high-compete level
34) C Evan Vierling, Barrie OHL underrated center checks off every tool in the box and has a lot of room to grow
35) LW Jake Neighbours, Edmonton WHL high-compete and high-combat winger is a load to play against and also features high-end vision
36) LW/RW JJ Peterka, Munich DEL silky hands on this offensively skilled winger, a team could draft Germans Stutzle, Reichel and Peterka and have one hell of a top NHL line some day
37) RW Sam Colangelo, Chicago USHL big but raw power winger features great offensive skills and is impossible to move from the crease
38) LW Carter Savoie, Sherwood Park AJHL one of the best finishers in the draft can also dangle the lights out, just tore up a league which was below his talent level, so he’s a player to watch in 2020-21
39) LW Daniel Torgersson, Frolunda SWE JR 6’3 winger with great skates and a tremendous two-way game, the only question is does his offensive skill-set translate to an NHL second or third line?
40) C/LW Brendan Brisson, Chicago USHL high-end puck skills are the calling card for this undersized University of Michigan commit
41) RD Justin Barron, Halifax QMJHL tough to judge after an injury plagued draft-eligible campaign, Barron certainly has the size/speed mix to intrigue NHL front offices
42) C/LW Thomas Bordeleau, US-NTDP USHL most talented forward in “The Program”, his shot is ridiculous but his all-around game needs more commitment
43) RW Veeti Miettinen, Espoo FIN JR one of my favorite sleepers, high-end offensive skills and always-revved motor but lack of size and elite skating will make him available later than he deserves
44) RD Topi Niemela, Karpat FIN do-it-all two-way D with terrific skates is the perfect all-situations second-pairing NHL-er
45) LD Tyler Kleven, US-NTDP USHL big and physical shut-down monster also features very good skating and a cannon from the point
46) RW/C Jean-Luc Foudy, Windsor OHL one of the top 5 skaters in the draft, Foudy also is one of the top available playmakers
47) LD Yan Kuznetsov, University of Connecticut NCAA monstrous, physical defenseman was shut-down intimidator vs. far older college competition
48) LD Donovan Sebrango, Kitchener OHL another fluid, do-it-all defenseman is very good two ways and a very safe pick in the second round
49) RW Brandon Coe, North Bay OHL huge winger with exceptional speed needs to put it all together, but look out if he does
50) RW/C Tyler Tullio, Oshawa OHL gutsy winger with fierce motor plays beyond the apparent capability of his size and speed limitations
51) RW Martin Chromiak, Kingston OHL Slovakian sniper is gifted with a ridiculous shot, needs to improve his game around it
52) C Vasily Ponomarev, Shawinigan QMJHL future middle-6 center simply does everything well on both sides of the puck
53) RD Viktor Persson, Brynas SWE JR late riser for me to become my top Swedish defenseman for 2020, great size, skating and two-way potential
54) LD Jeremie Poirier, Saint John QMJHL he’s two players, really — offensively he’s the best LD in the entire 2020 draft, while defensively he’s just frustrating to the point where you’re pulling your hair out
55) C Ty Smilanic, US-NTDP USHL an elite skater with size and skill, it’s difficult to pinpoint where the results have yet to meet the potential.
56) C/LW Roni Hirvonen, Assat FIN this undersized center has oversized skill and his future might be on the wing at the NHL level; a very nice sleeper with top-6 NHL upside
57) RD Helge Grans, Malmo SWE JR very similarly to Poirier, Grans has enormous offensive upside but he’s a absolute liability in his own zone
58) LW Evgeni Oksentyuk, Flint OHL another one of my favorites, this Belarussian overager might lack size and top-end speed, but whoooo boy those hands and that vision
59) RD Ian Moore, St. Mark’s USHS a very raw defenseman but my top USHS prospect due to a size/skating/skill combination to rival the more-heralded Grans
60) LW Will Cuylle, Windsor OHL huge, bruising power winger with a nice shot and good enough hands to play a NHL mid-6 banger role
61) LW Antonio Stranges, London OHL high-risk high-reward with this exceptional skater with perhaps the best backhand in the draft; but several aspects of his game are in need of development and refinement

ROUND THREE:

62) LD Emil Andrae, HV71 SWE JR
cerebral offensive defenseman plays with effort and composure which belie his small stature
63) C Jack Finley, Spokane WHL 6’6 pivots who can skate are rare enough, when they add this type of intelligence and playmaking you circle them on your draft board
64) RW/C Justin Sourdif, Vancouver WHL the skill is evident but the consistency is not, a steal in the third if it clicks with this young talent
65) RD Ruben Rafkin, Windsor OHL hell-bent-for-leather D will not back down to anyone and is also very solid with the puck
66) LD Shakir Mukhamadullin, Salavat Ufa KHL highest upside D likely to be available after the top two rounds, but can he reach his enormous potential?
67) LW Emil Heineman, Leksand SHL the perfect fast, hard-forechecking winger has a very high floor as an NHL third-liner; great shot also gives him some offensive upside
68) LD Wyatt Kaiser, Andover USHS competitive and physical despite his 5’11 frame, also slick with his outlet passing and offensively quite skilled
69) LW Sean Farrell, Chicago USHL part III of the Chicago Steel 2020 draft trilogy, Farrell has a ridiculous shot and some tantalizing offensive tools
70) LW Brett Berard, US-NTDP USHL a difficult player to rank — absolutely dynamic offensive tools but sometimes can frustrate from the perimeter
71) RD Mitch Miller, Tri-City USHL another big-time 2020 wild card, his high-octane offensive skill-set would have him just outside the first round, but character concerns could drop him lower than this
72) LD Daemon Hunt, Moose Jaw WHL speedy defenseman lost much of his draft-eligible season to injury and could be undervalued as result
73) RD Luke Prokop, Calgary WHL big and steady defensive defenseman is adept with the puck and plays a heads-up game
74) RD Michael Benning, Sherwood Park AJHL two guys from the same AJHL team in the top 100? Well, Benning is an offensively gifted playmaker with serious upside
75) C Jaromir Pytlik, Sault Ste. Marie OHL 6’3 centers with high intelligence and enviable mixes of compete and physicality are tough to find, the only question is his offensive capability
76) LD Emil Viro, TPS FIN speedy offensive-minded defenseman could be a big steal in the mid-rounds if he shores up his play in his own zone
77) C/RW Zayde Wisdom, Kingston OHL two-way, all-situations forward plays a smart, simple game and is a safe bet for your middle six
78) LW Ivan Didkovsky, MHK Moscow MHL, high-effort winger can wire the puck and works hard down low
79) LW Roby Jarventie, Koovee FIN JR first-round caliber skating and shooting, needs to put effort into compete and consistency
80) LW/RW Danil Gushchin, Muskegon USHL unbelievable puck skills, hands of a magician, but undersized and needs to improve skating explosiveness
81) LW/C Matthew Gleason, Cretin-Derham Hall USHS the classic “if he were three inches taller everyone would know his name” offensive dynamo
82) LD Lukas Cormier, Charlottetown QMJHL the classic smallish, all-offense defenseman who has a bright NHL future if he can improve his play defensively
83) RW/C Dylan Peterson, US-NTDP USHL has the size, the skill and the shot to aspire for an NHL middle-6
84) LW Luke Tuch, US-NTDP USHL wrecking ball winger with a heavy shot can be an impact NHL checking liner
85) RW Alex Laferriere, Des Moines USHL New Jersey native can snipe the lights out, has four years at Harvard to build a complete game around the shot
86) LW/RW Maxim Groshev, Neftekhimik MHL one of the toughest players to rank but the tools are certainly there
87) RD Jake Boltmann, Edina USHS big and fast rearguard with a mean streak who plays a pro-style game with nice offensive elements
88) RD Eamon Powell, US-NTDP USHL Jake Sanderson’s partner lacks size but makes up for it with speed, skill and smarts
89) LW Elliott Desnoyers, Moncton QMJHL smart and fast, this checking line player just might need a scoring-line role and skilled line mates to strut his true potential
90) RD Tyrel Bauer, Seattle WHL hulking defenseman is hell to play against, makes smart decisions with the puck
91) RW Connor McClennon, Winnipeg WHL pint-sized sniper defies expectations and scores at every level, tough to bet against this puck wizard
92) RD Jeremie Biakabutuka, Val D’Or QMJHL huge defenseman can also rocket the puck, a work in progress but with extreme athleticism and a great compete level

HONORABLE MENTION:

93) RW Kaspar Simontaival, Tappara FIN JR
one of the best snipes in the 2020 draft, but another player who lacks both size and top-end speed
94) LW Kyle Crnkovic, Saskatoon WHL pint size winger with some serious offensive skills, an offensive dynamo who is easy to root for
95) LW Carson Bantle, Madison USHL humongous 6’4 winger with soft hands and a big shot, the kind of raw project scouts go ga-ga over
96) LD Anton Johannesson, HV71 SWE JR I’ll admit I’m more skeptical of undersized D than undersized forwards, but Johannesson mixes very good offensive ability with a toughness and compete belying his slight 5’9-145 frame
97) LD William Wallinder, Modo Allsvenskan the best combination of size and speed of any player in the 2020 draft not named Byfield, but needs to work every one of his hockey skills at least up to average in order to make an NHL impact
98) LD Joni Jurmo, Jokerit FIN JR another player with a tantalizing mix of size and blazing skating ability, but another player who is responsible for as many scoring chances against as he creates offensively
99) RW Ryder Rolson, Waterloo USHL the son of the Devils great can fly and is an insanely good forechecker, a likely bottom-6 mucker extraordinaire
100) LD Alexander Nikishin, Spartak KHL the hardest hitter in the entire draft leaves opposing forwards quaking in their skates and also features one of the top point blasts in the draft — can he shore up his error prone decision making to reach his potential as a physical, shut-down defender?

Well, there it is. I'd love to hear your comments and questions about guys you may not be too familiar with, or players you would personally rank higher or lower. And -- as always -- save this to make fun of me for everything I'm wrong on in five years.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
As always thanks for sharing this with us. It's much appreciated. I know that your thoughts for this draft at 18 and 20 relate to getting the highest upside forwards which makes sense given your descriptions of some of them, but with Schneider ranked 20 on your list and looking at NJ's woeful RD depth, assuming they get two forwards at 7 and 18 and if Askarov is already taken, short of an unexpected faller like Mercer being available, it seems that Schneider would be a smart choice at that spot as opposed to a reach? That said, if NJ walks away with Rossi, Holloway and Reichel or some other combination of high upside forwards it would be a very good day and perhaps franchise changing in three years.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I guess Lapierre is looking healthy in preseason which might help his draft stock which is bad if you want us to draft him but good if you want a team before our later picks to take him instead of certain other players. I’m more the latter, plus I’m happy for the kid, hopefully he keeps trucking.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Im personally not into poor skaters and injury-prone players. Those are my two biggest negatives a prospect can have

As long as we dont draft either of those im happy! Though IMO we need a defenseman with one of these picks, whether by draft or trade

Reactions: StevenToddIves

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
If we keep all our picks we could end up with 5 of those guys...

The Devils have 9 picks in 2020. If I'm correct, it's #7,#18 and #20 in the first round and then:

No reason the Devils can't get another 5 guys off my top 100 after the first round. A lot of the players I really like are quite under the radar and should be available late: Didkovsky, Boltmann, Gleason, Desnoyers etc.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
As always thanks for sharing this with us. It's much appreciated. I know that your thoughts for this draft at 18 and 20 relate to getting the highest upside forwards which makes sense given your descriptions of some of them, but with Schneider ranked 20 on your list and looking at NJ's woeful RD depth, assuming they get two forwards at 7 and 18 and if Askarov is already taken, short of an unexpected faller like Mercer being available, it seems that Schneider would be a smart choice at that spot as opposed to a reach? That said, if NJ walks away with Rossi, Holloway and Reichel or some other combination of high upside forwards it would be a very good day and perhaps franchise changing in three years.

Honestly, I love Schneider but I would rather get Perreault or Gunler or Mercer at #18 and then take a RD like Brock Faber in the 3rd round and then maybe a Rafkin or Prokop in the 5th round. The exception of course is that Drysdale is my preferred pick at #7 overall. But otherwise, I think the Devils need high-end scorers to play with Hughes and Hischier, and 2020 is the draft to get high-end scorers in the first round. 2021? Well, that will be a great draft if you want defensemen.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
There are always surprises, and every team's lists are different. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those top 100 make it through undrafted.

I think I read that most teams only come into the draft with a list of 100-120 players.

Last year exactly one player off my top 100 did not get drafted, Seattle defenseman Jake Lee. It was also interesting that several players who were ranked highly by me but not thought of very highly by the consensus were taken by the Devils -- McCarthy, Clarke, Moynihan, Gritsyuk all fit that description.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
There are always surprises, and every team's lists are different. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those top 100 make it through undrafted.

I think I read that most teams only come into the draft with a list of 100-120 players.
last year new jersey got case mccarthy with pick #118. let's hope for brock faber with pick #120 this year.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I’ve finally come around on Sanderson which means we now have no chance at getting him. I apologize to all in advance.

I've said this for awhile but Sanderson is the least likely of any player (aside of course from Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle) to fall to the Devils at #7. He's the only player off the interchangeably ranked "2nd tier" of Drysdale/Sanderson/Raymond/Holtz/Rossi/Perfetti/Quinn who fits both organizational need and draft tendency of all 3 teams drafting from #4-#6 (Detroit, Ottawa, Anaheim). I would also add that Sanderson is the rarest player-type among that group. Every draft has a top sniper, a top playmaker, etc -- but you don't often get an incredibly intelligent and polished shut-down defenseman with exceptional speed and an excellent offensive upside.

What I'm really crossing my fingers for is Drysdale at #7, and then two high-upside scoring Fs at #18/#20. Here's an ideal Devils draft, in terms of possibility (which is to say, I'm ruling Sanderson out at #7 and Quinn is out at #18):

#7: RD Drysdale
#18: RW Jarvis
#20: LW Amirov

#84: C Vierling
#99: W Rashevsky
#120: LD Viro
#130: RW Wisdom
#161: LW Oksentyuk
#192: RD Boltmann

If the Devils were to miss out on Drysdale/Sanderson at #7, my priorities for the rest of the draft would change slightly, especially with the #20 and #84 pick.

#7: C Rossi
#18: RW Jarvis
#20: LW Holloway

#84: RD Faber
#99: W Rashevsky
#120: RD Persson
#130: LD Viro
#161: LW Oksentyuk
#192: LW Gleason

I suppose what's consistent is that I really, really want Jarvis and Rashevsky.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Devils have 9 picks in 2020. If I'm correct, it's #7,#18 and #20 in the first round and then:

No reason the Devils can't get another 5 guys off my top 100 after the first round. A lot of the players I really like are quite under the radar and should be available late: Didkovsky, Boltmann, Gleason, Desnoyers etc.

Please tell me that you will be live posting on the two day’s of the draft so we can see who you would be taking when our spots come up.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I guess Lapierre is looking healthy in preseason which might help his draft stock which is bad if you want us to draft him but good if you want a team before our later picks to take him instead of certain other players. I’m more the latter, plus I’m happy for the kid, hopefully he keeps trucking.

I think I've made quite clear how incredibly high I am on Lapierre's enormous ability. That being said, I'm perfectly content allowing some other team to take that chance. The Devils have a ton of needs which can be filled with their trio of first-round picks, and "elite playmaking center" is something the Devils already have a pair of. So, even if not for the injury scare with Lapierre, he would not be on my list above names like Perreault or Gunler, who come with different sorts of risks entirely.

Lapierre was, I believe, my biggest first-round drop from my last ranking to my final one: #12 to #23. The reason was no fault of his own. I just thought to myself -- "would I even consider drafting Lapierre over these other guys if I were an NHL GM?" Because of the injuries, my answer was a resounding no, despite Lapierre's obvious and enormous talents. So, I was forced to drop him accordingly.

Again, I am a huge fan of Hendrix Lapierre and will root for him no matter who drafts him. I just would prefer it to not be the Devils.

Reactions: My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
last year new jersey got case mccarthy with pick #118. let's hope for brock faber with pick #120 this year.

The 2020 draft is pretty thin on D, especially RD. I think this vaults Faber into the 3rd round. But he's still incredibly under appreciated by draft writers.

I often disagree with draft writers, because they don't seem to realize the value of the shut-down defenseman in the NHL. The first question I expected to see after my final rankings was: why did I move Sanderson over Drysdale?

The answer was as simple as the fact I was really looking forward to the Western Conference Finals match-up, with Heiskanen facing off against Makar. Clearly, Sanderson is a very good comparable for Heiskanen and Drysdale for Makar.

Well, Makar played great, but Heiskanen was even more dominant. And Heiskanen's team won, with Heiskanen being the most dominant player in the series.

I simply don't understand how major draft writers can continue ranking a player like Sanderson as low as #19 (which I've seen) and I don't understand how analytics people can print graphs saying that Jake Gardiner is a better defenseman than Shea Weber (which I've also, unbelievably, seen -- back when Gardiner was with Toronto and Weber with Montreal).

If there's a Jake Slavin (to me, the most underrated player in the entire NHL) in the 2020 draft, it's Brock Faber. His lack of flash has flown him under the radar, but Faber is smart, competitive, mobile and a brick wall to try to beat in the defensive zone. He never makes mistakes with the puck. His defense-first mentality has actually cost him draft-wise, as he's a very good passer with a nice shot. To me, he has big-time potential in the NHL as a shut-down guy, like Slavin, who also gives you 30+ points per year, like Slavin.

Ultimately, if Faber were more selfish -- taking more chances offensively in order to improve his own draft stock -- he would ironically be a high 2nd round pick. If Faber were on a team without Jake Sanderson, that would also improve his draft stock. The fact is that, as good as Faber is at his role, he always took a back seat on the US-NTDP blueline. So, I think Brock Faber is a sleeper extraordinaire.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Please tell me that you will be live posting on the two day’s of the draft so we can see who you would be taking when our spots come up.

Day Two, certainly. The First Round, probably not.

Though I used to always be sitting in a luxury box for NHL drafts (courtesy of the Philadelphia Flyers, long story), in the past couple of years I've driven up to Westchester to watch with my good buddies who are all big-time Buffalo Sabres fans. They're also funny as hell and feed me beer, so it's a pretty good arrangement.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Last year exactly one player off my top 100 did not get drafted, Seattle defenseman Jake Lee. It was also interesting that several players who were ranked highly by me but not thought of very highly by the consensus were taken by the Devils -- McCarthy, Clarke, Moynihan, Gritsyuk all fit that description.
You’re secretly Paul Castron aren’t you? Lol

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
You’re secretly Paul Castron aren’t you? Lol

Nope -- Castron nailed it on Thompson last year, whom I sorely overlooked. The last pick I really disagreed with him on strongly was 2017, when he took Jesper Boqvist at #36 -- I really, really wanted Dylan Samberg there. But, I do like Boqvist.

Also, I'm far better looking than Paul Castron. Just had to throw that in there.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Comments I expected but still have yet to receive:

1) Jarvis over Quinn
2) Quinn over Holtz
3) Robins at #17 overall
4) Reichel at #19 overall
5) Who is Luke Evangelista and why is he in your first round?

Committees we need to start:

"The HFBoards New Jersey Devils fan committee to get Dmitry Rashevsky drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the 3rd/4th rounds"

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Rankings!

No way Tristen Robins goes top 20, I just think he deserves to.

OK. This is a very important aspect of the issue. Maximum important.
If we talk about criticism, I will say this - I think you are very attached to real possible picks here. And I really like your Robins place. I may disagree with him in little, but I like this approach in general. This may sound like a negative, but it`s not, I'm with exceptionally positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad