Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Rumors of Virtanen to Ducks for... Heinen+, of all players.

Would they be overloaded on the right side?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
kinda interesting that Anaheim traded a former top 10 pick power forward who hadn't quite lived up to his potential for Danton Heinen and now they're looking to flip Heinen for another former top 10 pick power forward who hasn't lived up to his potential.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I think Staal could help them, I’d absolutely be ok with him in the middle 6. Hell I’d probably be ok with him anywhere. 4th line. Doesn’t matter to me. He’d be an upgrade

never a bad thing to have large veteran presences come winning season
They are talking about Marc not Eric Staal.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
kinda interesting that Anaheim traded a former top 10 pick power forward who hadn't quite lived up to his potential for Danton Heinen and now they're looking to flip Heinen for another former top 10 pick power forward who hasn't lived up to his potential.
Honestly heinen is better then virtanen. He is a more well rounded player with a higher hockey iq. I guarantee picks for back to ana on the trade. They must be hoping virtanen has another gear he hasn’t unlocked. And it is possible due to his age. Heinen is what he is. A two way 30 guy at best I’d say.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Honestly heinen is better then virtanen. He is a more well rounded player with a higher hockey iq. I guarantee picks for back to ana on the trade. They must be hoping virtanen has another gear he hasn’t unlocked. And it is possible due to his age. Heinen is what he is. A two way 30 guy at best I’d say.
Um... Virtanen is a year younger than Heinen... Don't know how one player is what he is and the other still has an unlocked level that happens between age 24&25?

Reactions: Kegs and Gordoff

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
Just curious if anyone would do the following Debrusk for Viktor Arvidsson. Both players havent been the same since they've been concussed. Change of scenery might do them both good. There might be add-ons from both sides but it might be worth a thought.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think Staal could help them, I’d absolutely be ok with him in the middle 6. Hell I’d probably be ok with him anywhere. 4th line. Doesn’t matter to me. He’d be an upgrade

never a bad thing to have large veteran presences come winning season
Marc Staal, maybe you're thinking of Jared? We have no room for another Jared since we now have Jared Tinordi....:sarcasm::huh::laugh: We've met our "Jared" quota.....
But seriously I meant Marc, defenseman for Detroit.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
No one said he was gun shy. I pointed to his 5v5 goals over the last 3 years as the poster I was replying to said he'd fix our goal scoring problem.
Yeah folks did. Said he wasn’t a “shooter”.

And 27 goals/82 games played? Near a point per game? Would go a long damn way to helping forge a consistent offence. I promise.

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
WSH has allowed the 6th most goals in the NHL so far. What helps them is they've also scored the 5th most goals.
true, but 8 million can be used to for an upgrade in offense, or an upgrade in defense. The possibility of Rask just retiring after the season and seattle expansion draft could force them to go one way or another. Some people tend to think Boston has a good system that goalie's thrive in. One of Vladar or Swayman is likely coming up to the big team next year. I don't think Boston would suffer too much next year without Rask and Halak as long as the cap savings is spent wisely.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah folks did. Said he wasn’t a “shooter”.

And 27 goals/82 games played? Near a point per game? Would go a long damn way to helping forge a consistent offence. I promise.

Again that was me and I don't consider him a "shooter" but a instead a playmaker. In this discussion we were talking about needing goal scoring, but more specifically 5v5 goal scoring. JG isn't bumping anyone of PP1, so I don't care what his goal production is on the PP, I care about 5v5 goal scoring. Now can you make an argument that assist = goals? sure, but whose he passing to that's going to score? He'll be paired with Krejci (also not a shooter) and ??? Smith? Studnicka? Wagner? Bjork?

Don't get me wrong, guys a hell of a player...but we need guys who can score goals at 5v5.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
true, but 8 million can be used to for an upgrade in offense, or an upgrade in defense. The possibility of Rask just retiring after the season and seattle expansion draft could force them to go one way or another. Some people tend to think Boston has a good system that goalie's thrive in. One of Vladar or Swayman is likely coming up to the big team next year. I don't think Boston would suffer too much next year without Rask and Halak as long as the cap savings is spent wisely.

So you want to roll out a goalie tandem that has (checks notes) a combined 1 NHL game of experience under their belts? It's not even actually a full game as Vladar came in to relive Halak

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Your right I can't convince you that your thought process is asinine.
Asinine? To want some toughness especially when your getting stomped on the ice and on the scoreboard? Is it bad to want the Big Bad Bruins back? Last time I was happy in that department was 2011 era which led to a cup. I know it's a different era but that team was team tough and would not of taken the last two games with there tail between there legs.
Maybe the new guy can provide something.

Reactions: Gordoff

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Rumors of a VAN-ANA swap of Virtanen for Heinen are floating out there.

If that's really a thing that would indicate to me that Virtanen can be had for a reasonable return. Bruins need to make this happen.

As bad as Virtanen has looked most of his career , I compare it to Ritchie. Ritchie looked awful until this season and now he has arguably been the Bruins most consistent player. Ritchie has found his niche and Virtanen may as well . I offer something centered around Bjork.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I was going to suggest Senyshyn for Virtanen then I recalled Seny passed through waivers a mere months ago. Meh

Well the Nucks are cash straped so they may prefer sending some salary out rather than taking a guy of the waiver wire. You may need a small add but if the Nucks thing that are getting a big return for Virtanen, they are nuts.

Reactions: Oates2Neely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad