It's Re-Tooling Time

solitary

Mar 30, 2009
Trade Kesler before he becomes a UFA. Often injury prone and he is an American and probably wants to play for a U.S team. Remember he signed with Philly and Van matched.

Trade Sedins and get something for them as they will probably return to Sweden when their contracts are up.

NTC... no way they waive them to go elsewhere.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Everyone is going to fly off the handle and overreact but definetly the 2nd one.

Changing the coach alone will make a big difference if the correct candidate is selected. Then make a few changes, EI trade Bieksa, Trade Luongo, Move Ballard.

Let rookies join the lineup and give them opportunity finally. And go from there.

If Bieksa could get Eller out of Montreal, I'd be all for it. If not, then I'd rather trad Edler for Couts+. We need some new blood and I'm not convinced Bieksa will get that.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Well we have to make some changes, problem is everyone on here is like Gillis and don't want to trade anyone because they're all so amazing.

But the little depth moves won't cut it, the top 6 and top D pairing need some work.

solitary

Mar 30, 2009
Fire AV, get a proper bottom six. Trade Ballard, one of the goalies, Booth should go.

Honestly the perfect coach for this team next season would have been Paul Maclean. He's done wonders for the Sens, smart coach who is able to utilize his younger players and get the most out of his roster. Oh, and he's able to adapt on the fly :naughty:

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
trade sedins to calgary
trade schneider to dujardens
trade luongo to FC Barcelona
asphyxiate raymond for fun
fire AV and trick him into running for premier of BC
promote bieksa to gm

think that should clear up all our problems

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
1. trade everybody for picks
2. go with lack/cannata tandem
3. acquire lottery pick
4. ???
5. profit

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Retool.

Ever since Ehrhoff left town the Canucks back end has suffered on the cycle. The Canucks haven't replaced any of their lost assets form the 2011 cup run. That is clearly on the GM. His job is/should be in jeopardy. The coach however I like, he isn't as bad as most of you claim. AV is a great coach IMO, I would keep him because he would most-likley end up in Colorado or somewhere else where he could end up hurting your team even further.

First two moves I would make as GM would be to get a puck moving defensman and trade Luango or Schneider for a 3rd line goal scorer.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
We shouldn't trade:

- The Sedins
- Kesler
- Schneider
- Edler (unless the return is outstanding)
- Hamhuis
- Garrison

There are other I prefer not too but from the core those guys should stay.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Retool.

Ever since Ehrhoff left town the Canucks back end has suffered on the cycle. The Canucks haven't replaced any of their lost assets form the 2011 cup run. That is clearly on the GM. His job is/should be in jeopardy. The coach however I like, he isn't as bad as most of you claim. AV is a great coach IMO, I would keep him because he would most-likley end up in Colorado or somewhere else where he could end up hurting your team even further.

First two moves I would make as GM would be to get a puck moving defensman and trade Luango or Schneider for a 3rd line goal scorer.
No AV is terrible. Trust me. He's unbearable.

Nine to Five

Now Eight to Four!
Jul 7, 2009
If Bieksa could get Eller out of Montreal, I'd be all for it. If not, then I'd rather trad Edler for Couts+. We need some new blood and I'm not convinced Bieksa will get that.

You're delusional if you think Edler will return Couture+.
I don't even think the sharks would do it if the + were on the other side.

Realize afterward that you could be talking about sean couturier as well. But my reaction is still similar.

solitary

Mar 30, 2009
Retool.

AV is an idiot, there is no question about that. If you think he is a "great coach" you are someone who is incapable of properly evaluating the structure of your team.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
We have another year of Sedins, so I wouldn't blow it up yet. I would look at them now as good second liners though and try to build a first line on top of them. It may not be possible.

The D needs a puck rushing, swashbuckling presence -- oh we have him and he is Keith Ballard? Play Keith Ballard.

I think AV will go. He is a good coach, award winning, the winningest Canuck coach, but coaches have a shelf life and he is stale. He does not seem to get the most out of his players, he still has them taking 30 second shifts, chip and chase, and bump on the boards as his mentality instead of realizing he has skill players.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
We shouldn't trade:

- The Sedins
- Kesler
- Schneider
- Edler (unless the return is outstanding)
- Hamhuis
- Garrison

There are other I prefer not too but from the core those guys should stay.
not gonna get much of a return if the "untouchable" list is like that

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Call me crazy, but I say go all in.

Trade Jensen, cond 1st on him re-signing, Gaunce for Vanek at 50% salary
Trade Schneider for Strome + 3rd
Sign Marek Zidlicky for 3 years at 3.5 mil per
Trade Ballard/Booth for picks(or buyout if necessary)

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Thomas Vanek ($3.571m—50.0%)
Ryan Strome ($1.744m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Dale Weise ($0.677m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Marek Zidlicky ($3.500m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Chris Tanev ($1.200m)
Frank Corrado ($0.599m) /
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
OTHER
Buyout: David Booth ($0.000m)
Buyout: Keith Ballard ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,119,873; BONUSES: $850,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $30,127

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Re-tool. A lot of this will occur anyway this summer - a coaching change is a given (hopefully). Luongo will be moved, Ballard and/or Booth should be bought out, and we have a lot of expiring contracts in Roy, Raymond, Malhotra, Lapierre, Pinizzotto, Alberts and Barker. We also have some RFAs to make decisions on in Weise, Sestito, Tanev and Joslin.

At the moment, next year's team looks like this;

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
???? - ???? - Kassian
???? - ???? - ????

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Corrado - Tanev

Schneider
????

- With the emergence of Corrado and Tanev on the back end as viable everyday defenseman, we should explore moving one of our defenseman for help in our top-six. Edler is the likeliest candidate, IMO. If we could somehow package Edler and our first for a high draft pick to have a shot at a guy like Drouin, I would be ecstatic.

- Free agency needs to be utilized to build depth. Our fourth line is abhorrent, and needs a major upgrade. Guys like Dale Weise and Tom Sestito are not cutting it. It's clear you need to have four lines that can play, and we don't.

- Make the right call on a coach. Get somebody who will let some of your young guys play through their hiccups.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Re-tool. A lot of this will occur anyway this summer - a coaching change is a given (hopefully). Luongo will be moved, Ballard and/or Booth should be bought out, and we have a lot of expiring contracts in Roy, Raymond, Malhotra, Lapierre, Pinizzotto, Alberts and Barker. We also have some RFAs to make decisions on in Weise, Sestito, Tanev and Joslin.

At the moment, next year's team looks like this;

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
???? - ???? - Kassian
???? - ???? - ????

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Corrado - Tanev

Schneider
????

- With the emergence of Corrado and Tanev on the back end as viable everyday defenseman, we should explore moving one of our defenseman for help in our top-six. Edler is the likeliest candidate, IMO. If we could somehow package Edler and our first for a high draft pick to have a shot at a guy like Drouin, I would be ecstatic.

- Free agency needs to be utilized to build depth. Our fourth line is abhorrent, and needs a major upgrade. Guys like Dale Weise and Tom Sestito are not cutting it. It's clear you need to have four lines that can play, and we don't.

- Make the right call on a coach. Get somebody who will let some of your young guys play through their hiccups.
If we are moving a defenseman and only one, it absolutely must be Bieksa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad