May 4, 2007
calgary
If I were GM

Raymond = gone
Edler = gone
Bieksa = gone
Twins = gone
Luongo =gone

The guys coming back would be Canadian, big, mean and young.

How many years in a row will the Canucks need to fall in the playoffs due to their lack of discipline before people realize the problem is wanting to be 'tough'?

AV brings the same leadership as Shane O'Brien and that's been the problem since the 2nd meeting with the Blackhawks.

This team will live and die with Edler and Bieksa and unfortunately, they always die. You can't win with these 2, especially is they play together.

This was not NHL calibre coaching. Worst I've ever seen.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Strip the C from Henrik...all that "overly emotional" crap detractors said about Kesler is coming out of Hank like crazy. He can't lead by example, he can't keep his composure and he can't motivate his team mates.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
This isn't NHL 13... what you are proposing is simply bad asset management, hopefully no Canucks GM is ever stupid enough to execute some of the suggestions you have made.

what would you have us do?

Keep this aging core until we fail to make the playoffs at all, THEN rebuild?

oh wise one, let us hear your suggestions

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
I know I'm in the minority, but I'd trade Burrows.

I love the guy. He's scored some amazing goals, but with the reffing, and specifically looking at the amount of penalties he does NOT draw in comparison to the amount he takes, despite playing an agitating hard-nosed game, there seems to be a taint. Trade him, ala Philly and Richard/Carter (albeit, he'll get less), and let another ref-target, Lapierre walk too. Find a third line centre, a playmaking winger for Kesler, new coach, and we're good to go.

:sarcasm: easy, right?

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Would've happily given Ehrhoff what that 5yr 5M deal he apparently wanted and then ditched Ballard and his 4.2 over the next 4 years.

his cap hit is 4 million, why the **** couldn't we match that?

Torres could've resigned with us for like 1 million, still better than raymond at 2.5

Ray Shero*

Fire Alain.

Fix the goaltending scenario. Have guys step up and play some key roles. I've been watching this team for years and this is the most disappointed I've been with them.

solitary

Mar 30, 2009
his cap hit is 4 million, why the **** couldn't we match that?

Torres could've resigned with us for like 1 million, still better than raymond at 2.5

Ehrhoff got a 10 year term, which Gillis did not want to give him.

Torres wanted more than the $1 million he initially signed for, he got that in Phoenix.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
what would you have us do?

Keep this aging core until we fail to make the playoffs at all, THEN rebuild?

oh wise one, let us hear your suggestions

Big time decisions for the ownership and management of the Canucks this summer. Team has shown no signs of breaking out offensively.

Team has re-signed guys like Burrows, Edler, and Higgins to new LT contracts. I would assume of this group, Burrows and Edler got NTC. Those deals and NTC do not kick in until July 1 correct, so there is the option of trading them. Team has to explore those options for both changing the look of the team, plus shedding salary.

Can expect to see the team walk away from Raymond. Malhottra, is not coming back. If his eye is as bad as the Nucks felt it was, then I hope he retires from hockey.

See if they can do something about moving Ballard, Booth, Luongo. Those seem to be the toughest contracts to trade.

If Schneider could net a big return, then trade him. But, not so sure what the return is going to be for a goalie. Haven't seen a big name goalie traded since really Luongo back in 2006.

AV and his staff are toast. Seeing Robinson on the bench for the Sharks makes me wonder why the Nucks don't bring in a guy of his calibre to work with our D, who seriously could benefit from his years of experience.

As for the twins, they have become predictable. I think a factor of that is due to the fact that they have played together forever. Never had to adapt to anyone else's game. It was always Klatt, King, Bertuzzi, Burrows, Kassian, etc. having to learn to play with them.

Twins are 1 year from UFA. It's decision time for the franchise. Keep them or move them. Have to decide. They aren't going to get any better than what you have seen.

So few prospects coming through the system. Scouting staff needs to be revamped. Need a guy like Paul Fenton from Nashville to come in and lead the scouting staff.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Ehrhoff got a 10 year term, which Gillis did not want to give him.

Torres wanted more than the $1 million he initially signed for, he got that in Phoenix.

1. Proof that Gillis makes poor management decisions

2. Sign him for 1.5 or 2 for one year to see if he can prove himself again, instead of keeping raymond at 2.5

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
What direction should the team go in?

Barring a miraculous comeback, this will be the 2nd 1st round exit in a row. What should we do next?

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Trade the Sedins! Get them out of here and trade them for a young bigger center! I would love RoR or Huberdeau send the Twins out for a player like as part of the deal, I'd love to see a one two punch of Kesler and RoR. Sedins have to go, I'm open to trading Edler but it'll have to be a very big return like a young stud NHL ready and a 1st

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Rebuild. I want the Sedins gone. I want Edler gone. I would see what we can get for Kesler and Burrows.

Hamhuis, Garrison, Bieksa, Tanev, Corrado should be our top 5 defensemen next year. I'd like to add a Shattenkirk type defenseman to go along with them.

Unfortunately I think we're losing Luongo. (Although to be fair I like both goalies and wouldn't wish this team on either of them).

The forward group needs a full rebuild.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Everyone is going to fly off the handle and overreact but definetly the 2nd one.

Changing the coach alone will make a big difference if the correct candidate is selected. Then make a few changes, EI trade Bieksa, Trade Luongo, Move Ballard.

Let rookies join the lineup and give them opportunity finally. And go from there.

Vancouver Canucks*

BJjiuSACMAAtiln.jpg

postiedogger

Jun 3, 2011
Victoria, B.C.
Trade Kesler before he becomes a UFA. Often injury prone and he is an American and probably wants to play for a U.S team. Remember he signed with Philly and Van matched.

Trade Sedins and get something for them as they will probably return to Sweden when their contracts are up.

wahoyaho

Jan 30, 2007
I'm tired of seeing the Sedins, trade the oldies and bring in the draft picks!

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Trade the Sedins! Get them out of here and trade them for a young bigger center! I would love RoR or Huberdeau send the Twins out for a player like as part of the deal, I'd love to see a one two punch of Kesler and RoR. Sedins have to go, I'm open to trading Edler but it'll have to be a very big return like a young stud NHL ready and a 1st

To Van- Ryan O'Reilly
To Col- Alex Edler

At least the team would be less prone to fewer meltdowns...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad