Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Now that it’s official …

FGXF9Jy.gif

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
1687901693302.png

So glad he is not coming, especially with what the KIngs gave up and the $8.5M a year he will be getting. And so much for him only wanting to come to Montreal lol money talks!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JohnTheBaptist

We are brothers/sisters and of the Divine Source
Nov 13, 2022
Finally it's over. And we have Newhook to be a little bit excited about. Things are looking positive.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I don't think I've posted in this thread until now. Would I have liked to add Dubois to the habs? Sure I would have but not at the asking price and the AAV he was seeking. He was not going to make or break this team. Good on HuGo for sticking to their guns.

The strangest thing in all of this was Chevel... wanting established NHLers. Nobody willingly wants to go play for the Jets. I foresee a mass exodus which has already been rumoured. So getting Vilardi, Iafallo and Kpari is going to make them a contender when they're gonna lose Hellebuck, Sheifele et al? I don't know but I just don't see it.

Anyhow, I'm so glad this is over and we didn't give up key assets for the petit gars de chez nous.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Guys... 381 pages and counting... do you see a problem somewhere... Get over it...
1) Overpaid for the contract
2) Overpaid to get him...
Thank you Hugo for being realistic
Hello Bargain...

When the phone rings and you get offered Dubois, you don’t ask for more.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Habs obviously getting clowned left right and center on the main boards but the funniest part is I think they're the biggest winner for not giving up that absurd package and contract.
They're clowning us for what exactly, not getting fleeced and handing a disgusting long-term contract to a big pouty baby with entitlement issues? I mean that place is a cesspool so I shouldn't be surprised.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I
Lol no it wasn't. PLD decided to smack that timing down by asking for a trade.

It's funny to hear that, as the trade was finalized, PLD apparently wanted LA all along. A lot of us were saying to stop putting PLD in the lineup, not to listen to the pundits as this isn't the first time a french canadian player has pulled this kind of stuff. The red flags were everywhere around him. I do think he'll find a lot of success with LA though, but what I'm wondering is what happens when the going gets tough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad