Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
The Jets landed a huge haul for one year of a 63 point player with one year left before UFA status and didn't want to be there. Massive contract too for PLD. So much for any theories around here that the Jets were painted in a corner.

There is no way the Habs could match that trade. I'm glad we're not on the hook for $68million for such an inconsistent player despite his great tools.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Trashing PLD now is not cool. He had a good year, a strong year, and has upside for more.

Good luck to him. Shame he’s not a Hab but we didn’t have the pieces WPG wanted.

Guaranteed we would’ve celebrated that acquisition and contact should he have come here, so don’t even act otherwise.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Trashing PLD now is not cool. He had a good year, a strong year, and has upside for more.

Good luck to him. Shame he’s not a Hab but we didn’t have the pieces WPG wanted.

Guaranteed we would’ve celebrated that acquisition and contact should he have come here, so don’t even act otherwise.
He is a worthlss cockroach. Who cares what the Jets wanted. He could have forced his way to Montreal. He probably knew they weren't going to give him 8.5 mil.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Bergevin: Hey Phil, I hope you don't mind playing with scrubs on the third next season cause we have to make room for PLD now. Hey that's fun, it'll be just like the good ol' days in Montreal for you!

Danault: No problem Marc. Yes Marc.

Fake Happy GIFs | Tenor

• Haha
Reactions: amethyst

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He is a worthlss cockroach. Who cares what the Jets wanted. He could have forced his way to Montreal. He probably knew they weren't going to give him 8.5 mil.
Okay so if he knew he wasn’t getting paid in Montreal why would he come here? What a childish and incoherent sentiment.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
When the rumours to Montreal originally surfaced, I had thought that PLD was a UFA after the 24 season.

The haul from LA is ridiculous. If we would have known the cost would have been that the PLD thread would have been 1/10 the size that it got to.

Glad we're not the punchline of this particular joke.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Another frenchie using the gullable fans and media for their own advantage. I hope the media and fanbase realize that today's events really showcase what we all know. French players elevated to stardom rarely choose to play for the Habs. Drouin is not a good example.

When the rumours to Montreal originally surfaced, I had thought that PLD was a UFA after the 24 season.

The haul from LA is ridiculous. If we would have known the cost would have been that the PLD thread would have been 1/10 the size that it got to.

Glad we're not the punchline of this particular joke.
Newhook cost equally the same.

Reactions: HabsAddict

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He f***ing better at that salary and for the huge haul of assets they traded for him.
If he produces at only a 70pt pace I think the Kings will be a bit let down but won’t regret it if he also keeps bringing the physicality. But his reputation in terms of physical play and leadership is spotty, so it’ll have to be grown into.

Don’t discount how much happier he will be now that he’s left Manitoba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino