Barcelona

Attachments

• TerranceandPhillipMovieTrailer14.jpg
    TerranceandPhillipMovieTrailer14.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Having generally ignored most of Serie A, Bundesliga, and the Europa this year it's such a weird quasi throwback watching Smalling, Lukaku, Abraham, and Xhaka go at it :laugh:

Reactions: luiginb

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
That joke only works if you don't check my registration date

He's only posting to shit on Germany

Not true, I’m posting this time because of genuine shock at the lineup choices.

It’s true that the majority of my posts are trashing/criticism of Germany…..but ffs that’s only because German National team has been a monumental disgrace over the past decade since winning the World Cup in 2014…

Germany deserves every bit of trash talking they get for how far they’ve fallen. Again my critique is only because of how disappointed I am in their performance in recent years, nothing more.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think anyone wondering why Wirtz didn't start got their answer. He looked like he's shat his pants or is very hungover. Clearly nowhere near 100%.

Reactions: luiginb

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Undefeated season saved in last second fashion. Leverkusen wouldn’t have it any other way.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
We've just witnessed history twice tonight

Leverkusen with the unbeaten run record. I can't believe by a double by Leandro freaking Paredes almost ruined that.

Olympiakos in their first European final. Mendilibar is the best.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Imagine not starting your best player for the most important match of your season. Leverkusen deserve to lose for this horrific decision to leave Wirtz on the bench. It’s unbelievable.

This place is so much funnier whenever you crawl out of your hole :laugh:

It's more fun that way.

Disagree. Would've been way more fun if they had been a little more prompt with their goals :laugh:
It would be less fun when you eventually score goals in the 78th & 93rd minutes if the undefeated run weren't in danger.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Congrats to Unbelievablekusen. Bergamo would be the toughest opponent in this tournament. But i hope a Supercup Leverkusen vs BVB! ;)

Reactions: cgf

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Disagree. Would've been way more fun if they had been a little more prompt with their goals :laugh:
It would have been most fun if they would just score a bunch of goals in the 1st half so I could relax a little. But I'll take my fun any way I can get it.

• Haha
Reactions: cgf

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I remember when he told me that Musiala & Wirtz were nothing special. Good times :laugh:

Wirtz is amazing. Musiala having a meh season but a lot of that is just Bayern probably. Beyond those 2 though I still don’t see the depth of young talent that you see in England, France, Spain, and Brazil.

We’ll learn a lot after the Euros. Until they actually show it on the field they’re still gonna have doubters like myself. Stay classy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wirtz is amazing. Musiala having a meh season but a lot of that is just Bayern probably. Beyond those 2 though I still don’t see the depth of young talent that you see in England, France, Spain, and Brazil.

We’ll learn a lot after the Euros. Until they actually show it on the field they’re still gonna have doubters like myself. Stay classy.

The problem with this comment is all of the success our youth teams have had without Wirtz & Musiala...like our U17 team that just won the euros & World Cup in commanding fashion on the backs of some of the biggest talents in their age group (Darvich, Brunner, Ouedraogo)...and all of the German kids currently having success at the senior level.

Speaking of proving it on the field, I missed you during the last international break :D and why would I start being classy now? Anyone on here who knows me would tell you that that's just not my MO.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The problem with this comment is all of the success our youth teams have had without Wirtz & Musiala...like our U17 team that just won the euros & World Cup in commanding fashion on the backs of some of the biggest talents in their age group (Darvich, Brunner, Ouedraogo)...and all of the German kids currently having success at the senior level.

Speaking of proving it on the field, I missed you during the last international break :D and why would I start being classy now? Anyone on here who knows me would tell you that that's just not my MO.
You're right, which is why Nigeria and Mexico are the biggest powerhouses in world football

All age level tournaments below the u21 (which is in reality a u23) should be taken with a grain of salt. Development curves differ so dramatically on the individual level

Hell, even the England team which won in 2017 (which had more "hits" than usual for a U17 winning team) will ultimately only have only two players in this year's England squad (Foden and Gallagher)

To use the u17s as an indicator of anything is generally gonna be a flawed exercise, unless I missed the period of time where Fritz Walter Medal regulars Sven and Lars Bender did actually became the best midfielders in Europe (yeesh, let alone consistent caps for the NT)

Reactions: gary69

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You're right, which is why Nigeria and Mexico are the biggest powerhouses in world football

All age level tournaments below the u21 (which is in reality a u23) should be taken with a grain of salt. Development curves differ so dramatically on the individual level

Hell, even the England team which won in 2017 (which had more "hits" than usual for a U17 winning team) will ultimately only have only two players in this year's England squad (Foden and Gallagher)

To use the u17s as an indicator of anything is generally gonna be a flawed exercise, unless I missed the period of time where Fritz Walter Medal regulars Sven and Lars Bender did actually became the best midfielders in Europe (yeesh, let alone consistent caps for the NT)

Feels like you misread my post...

Having young talent doesn't guarantee future success but it's really good at disproving the argument that you don't have young talent. It's just silly to say that Musiala and Wirtz are the only highly rated German prospects...even if every single one of our prospects fails in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad