Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Three year saga with Dubois, only to go poof.

IF Dubois really wanted to come to the Habs, all he had to do is sign one more year at around 7 and then walk into the Habs dressing room with that 8.5 contract.

It was NEVER about joining the Habs, it was ALWAYS about what is good for Dubois.

Two walkouts and this fake drama...it starting to look like we may really dodged that bullet.

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
Well, I wasn’t far off when I said Winnipeg was probably asking for Dach in a trade for Dubois. Very happy we didn’t bite. Not that thrilled with the Newhook trade but I guess it is a gamble that could pay…

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
13D80ADE-A55A-49AF-95C6-2F7681FBF855.gif

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Jets got a couple of guys who could become 2Cs, just what they needed. Also guys who could be signed long term.

We had no equivalent and Dach would have had to go the other way for us to beat this bid.

PLD obviously wasn't set on the Habs, and that was his prerogative.

Price for PLD ended up real high and would have just been a lateral move.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Honestly, I think it's a good trade for Winnipeg and one that Montreal was in no position to match and there's that contract. Time will tell but I don't see it aging nicely unless PLD transforms into an 80-90 pts player starting next year. He is a good fit for LA though.

That said, I've seen some crazy threads on HF Habs over the years but this one will certainly go into the Hall of Fame :laugh:

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Glad the saga is over, good news to wake up too. Montreal was never going to match that price and his AAV ask was probably above 8.5 as well.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well, I wasn’t far off when I said Winnipeg was probably asking for Dach in a trade for Dubois. Very happy we didn’t bite. Not that thrilled with the Newhook trade but I guess it is a gamble that could pay…
There wasn't much of a gamble -
U think u will find better player at 31

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Glad the saga is over, good news to wake up too. Montreal was never going to match that price and his AAV ask was probably above 8.5 as well.
Yeah 8 was the max I would've done because of the ufa years being paid for but I'm proud of HuGo not giving in to it. After the pick tomorrow, Habs will have 5 of their future top 6, all either top 5 or should've been around or in top 5 (Suzuki and Caufield). They can afford to spend a crap load of money on their top 6 like Toronto. Hopefully they go big game hunting for a young RD like Dobson

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Jul 6, 2016
This chapter is over for good. He sighed a huge long contract with LA. Too bad. he could had been a key component to the Habs future. The timing was bad. Hughes did not want to give up Dach-Guhle types of players. And I agree with that. LA had what Jets were looking for. Dubois also noticed all the bad vibes coming out of MTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad