Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
This PLD trade and subsequent contract might be the first lose-lose-lose trade in the history of two team trades.

WPG doesn’t get better and is still dead in the water. LAK overcommit to a player who’s better than Vilardi but not better than all the assets given up (and he is more expensive). MTL don’t get the player they need and would’ve fit perfectly in the top6.

Bravo NHL, this has been fun.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I remember some 16 years ago (ffs, has it been this long?), there were all these rumors flying around that Briere wanted to sign here. I was heffin stoked. I had followed Briere in junior and his years with the Yotes. Couldn't fathom why they couldn't get him going, didn't seem to trust him. When he fully broke out in Buffalo, I was so happy for him. Knew it would eventually happen.

Signing in Montreal, the team would've been stacked. Not a perfect team, mind you, but full of talent nevertheless. Those who remember, know what team I'm talking about. The team that won the conference, sans Briere, to end-up eliminated by Briere. Could you for a moment imagine that team with Briere? The possibilities? Being loaded at center with Saks, Plex and Danny? Trade Plex to shore up another position, still sign Hamrlik. Anyway.. sigh.

So, I remember that feeling. I remember the day, the moment. Where I was, whom I was with. I felt so dejected. It wasn't the end of the world, not by a long shot, but it left me with a very bitter taste. Silly young me, I said to myself "never again will I get my hopes up like that for a Quebecer star saying he wants to come here".

I also stopped lurking and started posting here in the two previous weeks before he signed.

So yeah, never again.

I'll believe it when I'll see it.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I just knew that Habs 2nd round pick would end up going to the Jets so the Habs were still in on acquiring PLD. :)

Quite an expensive price in assets to pay to acquire PLD by the Kings and also a quite expensive contract to sign him.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That's 4 or 5 pts with a + differencial. Playing vs Mathews, Connor, Marchessault, etc, not so bad. He doesn't shut down any bozo there. The Maurice Richard trophy player and the most recent Cup winner first center.
Phil was a -1 that playoff run.......again, not taking anything away from him, he played the defensive role to a tee........against the big matchups.
A poster called him a #1 C during that run, and he had 1G and 3A meanwhile Suzuki had 16 pts in 22 games, so......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad