Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Good org signings. It will be interesting to watch how the Isles either move some other contracts out and/or who they opt not to extend.

I am hoping that Bridgeport starts to get more competitive going forward. I have never really disliked Thompson, but it is probably time for some new blood.

If Thompson is around next season I'll have no hope for these guys. Bridgeport does not develop players well at all.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
If Thompson is around next season I'll have no hope for these guys. Bridgeport does not develop players well at all.

I hear you, I am honestly surprised he is still around. I don't know what the magic elixir will be to make the BST more competitive and help development, but it should probably start with moving on from Thompson. Then add in a couple more AHL-vets to help guide them.

Reactions: xECK29x

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Surprised I haven't seen this mentioned...

Read that article on the signings. You will not see the term "Entry Level Contract".

The terminology is "organizational signing".

Hot diggity, it looks like they got the signed to AHL contracts. That would be a VERY nice way to add these guys without having it count against our contract count.

There are several other prospects around that have been added in this manner, including MacLean and recently Brubacher.

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017

Read that article on the signings. You will not see the term "Entry Level Contract".

Hot diggity, it looks like they got the signed to AHL contracts. That would be a VERY nice way to add these guys without having it count against our contract count.

There are several other prospects around that have been added in this manner, including MacLean and recently Brubacher.

On Capfriendly it has all three signed to ELC contracts not AHL deals.

Reactions: buud

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I am still 'meh' on Thompson. He is old regime, but I don't think he's had a decent roster to mess with, so I give him til midseason.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

EP has these as ELCs also

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
On Capfriendly it has all three signed to ELC contracts not AHL deals.

Awww, shucks.

Then again, both of these sources are probably basing their info on the NYI press release, which itself uses the terminology "signed with organization" and "organizational signings", blatantly leaving out the terms ELC and Entry Level Contract, which are almost always used when a player signs one.

It may only be a presumption on their behalves.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kinda exited as a TPS fan. A small guy, but that shouldn't matter in our Finnish league as long as you can skate.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Like what the hell is this???
upload_2020-5-29_17-30-57.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean, considering how you guys are not even knowing if they play college sports on junior hockey next season, I don't think it's outrageous for players to look at other options.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I mean, considering how you guys are not even knowing if they play college sports on junior hockey next season, I don't think it's outrageous for players to look at other options.

Well, no-one knows if any of the leagues will be playing hockey next season.

We're all just assuming things will be business as usual by August sans the NHL.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well, no-one knows if any of the leagues will be playing hockey next season.

We're all just assuming things will be business as usual by August sans the NHL.
Well, let's just say things are looking much brighter for Europe in this matter than NA.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yes, I'm not against this move at all

In that case, I'm all for it. 2 years at UConn got him used to playing with young men and now he can get some experience in professional hockey. He's not a bad skater, he's just not a speedster and he's really highly skilled. Stash him away for a year or two and maybe he's a surprise. Not thrilled that we used a 2nd for him.

As Chapin pointed out, I'm curious if the organization gave their blessing to this since it's become really obvious that they prefer keeping all their kids under their direct control.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
In that case, I'm all for it. 2 years at UConn got him used to playing with young men and now he can get some experience in professional hockey. He's not a bad skater, he's just not a speedster and he's really highly skilled. Stash him away for a year or two and maybe he's a surprise. Not thrilled that we used a 2nd for him.

As Chapin pointed out, I'm curious if the organization gave their blessing to this since it's become really obvious that they prefer keeping all their kids under their direct control.

Also more games

Reactions: buud

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Couldn't he just play in the AHL or the ECHL? I'm just concerned about him leaving the North American rinks and playing a different style.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Couldn't he just play in the AHL or the ECHL? I'm just concerned about him leaving the North American rinks and playing a different style.

Playing the long game, I guess. Coronavirus, make some money, the Isles don't need to sign him, no contract slot taken, etc. He's a project anyway, he's now stashed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad