Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I am still not seeing why some posters think he is a bust for his short time on the island. I thought the same thing with Bellows as well. Both players came in for a bottom six role and played the role in the Trotz system. We did not truly get to see either of them in a scoring role. That is until Bellows had his two goal night.

Am I saying that Bellows or Wahlstrom are going to be top six players for sure? Absolutely not. What I am saying though is I would not be surprised if either one of these guys end up playing for the NYI sooner rather than later. In a cap world you need your ELC players to produce, and the Islanders have the opportunity for that as early as next season.
And that’s the other issue with folks here. Those 2 guys were asked to play bottom 6 roles. Our first rounders are supposed to be better than that. :sarcasm:

Reactions: YearlyLottery

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Oliver Wahlström has been great during the preseason in AIK. It will be fun to follow him this season.

Have you watched the full games? The highlights have looked good, seems like a lot of offense, puck moving and some creativity being generated in those games. If you have watched the games, how do Wahlstrom and Holmstrom look defensively and on the physical end?

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
I am still not seeing why some posters think he is a bust for his short time on the island. I thought the same thing with Bellows as well. Both players came in for a bottom six role and played the role in the Trotz system. We did not truly get to see either of them in a scoring role. That is until Bellows had his two goal night.

Am I saying that Bellows or Wahlstrom are going to be top six players for sure? Absolutely not. What I am saying though is I would not be surprised if either one of these guys end up playing for the NYI sooner rather than later. In a cap world you need your ELC players to produce, and the Islanders have the opportunity for that as early as next season.
Our coach and GM are very conservative, they believe you must earn your place in the lineup. Also there approach has been showing success albeit not as quickly as some on our board would like. Today’s culture amongst many younger fans is all about flash, this teams is all about following a system buying into what the coach wants and sacrificing personal statistics for team. Many here though Dobson would be a regular this year, he definitely has huge potential, however he is being groomed the proper way and certainly this is the case with Wahlstrom, Holstrom and probably Bellows.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino