Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player loaned to another team before. I know it happens in soccer but can’t remember a time it’s happened in the NHL.
Matt Moulson was loaned out by Buffalo to the Ontario Reign one year. Teams need players to fill out their AHL rosters sometimes. It happens.

Reactions: islesfan3913

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He's got 10 points in 16 games so his production is ok. Someone on twitter said he made minimal effort defensively on a goal and was benched for the rest of the game
I saw him a few times since he was brought back to play. He doesn’t impact a game much these days. He’d have 2 invisible periods then be the best player on the ice in the 3rd period, like when they played Hershey 2 weeks ago.

So much wasted talent.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He never learns. Close the book on him and move on. Give the ice time to the kids that bust their ass and are trying to improve.

It sounds like he had no real intention of changing his ways. He probably figured the Islanders would come around to his way of thinking.

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020
Sorry if I missed this in other threads, but with Pageau signed long term, Brock signed long term, and barzal hopefully signing long term in the summer, what’s everyone’s thoughts on koivula? Does management move him back to wing?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Sorry if I missed this in other threads, but with Pageau signed long term, Brock signed long term, and barzal hopefully signing long term in the summer, what’s everyone’s thoughts on koivula? Does management move him back to wing?

I don't think so. With Cizikas becoming an UFA after next season, they might want Koivula to continue to develop his game as a center. I would be very surprised if Cizikas were to walk, but it could happen. It would be nice if a potential 4C hole could be filled from within.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY

Personally, I think Koivula is much more suited for playing wing than center. I know he’s a big body which is most likely a reason why the team likes him at center, but he’s always shown great hands and scoring ability. His defensive game also isn’t overly incredible. He’s still young so he could develop into a center, but I see him more like an Anders Lee type of player (decent shot, great in front of the net, good in the corners).

Reactions: buud

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't think so. With Cizikas becoming an UFA after next season, they might want Koivula to continue to develop his game as a center. I would be very surprised if Cizikas were to walk, but it could happen. It would be nice if a potential 4C hole could be filled from within.

Also the injury factor. Cizikas is out right now and if that happened next year, who would play if there isn't a center in the minors.

Reactions: Strummergas

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
HoSang scored tonight (he’s still Islander property so IMO fair game to discuss him here). Will be interesting to see how he does without Thompson to finish the year.

Bellows and Wahlstrom scored for BPT. Good night on the farm.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He never learns. Close the book on him and move on. Give the ice time to the kids that bust their ass and are trying to improve.
It's not unexpected. When he was drafted he had that label, Boom or bust, kid with talent but nothing in between the ears. Problem is he is not a kid anymore. He needs a fresh start with a new organization. He is never going to fit in under Lou and Trotz's The logo > individual culture.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
It's not unexpected. When he was drafted he had that label, Boom or bust, kid with talent but nothing in between the ears. Problem is he is not a kid anymore. He needs a fresh start with a new organization. He is never going to fit in under Lou and Trotz's The logo > individual culture.
agreed. maybe, if Seattle chooses the name, Eccentric Individuals, he will find a home there?

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Did anyone check out Pronman’s article of top NCAA free agents and KHL free agents - might be a good way to make up for lost picks?

can anyone list top D and F’s players mentioned?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Did anyone check out Pronman’s article of top NCAA free agents and KHL free agents - might be a good way to make up for lost picks?

can anyone list top D and F’s players mentioned?

I posted these 2 guys I’d be interested in. I’m not to familiar with the Russians but one guy I’ve read up on is Zub. Big strong RHS defense.

I’d also be interested in Jaskin who was really good for the blues and I think would be a good fit for Barry Trotz. Grigorenko as well.

“Alex Rauhauser is a guy I’m interested in. Big strong LHD with some offense to his game. Captain of Bowling Green.

Alec Rauhauser at eliteprospects.com

Marc Michaelis from Germany is a forward to keep an eye on. Minnesota State captain the last 2 years.
Marc Michaelis at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: buud and SI

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Shestyorkin and Sorokin are two very different goalies.

Shest is very technically sound and he is more conservative (stays in his crease).

Sorokin relies heavily on his natural abilities like movement and reaction and plays very agressively.

I wrote this a while back (2 or so years ago), but longevity-wise, Shest will last longer as his style gives him a longer career...I think Sorokin will burn out a few years earlier like around 38 instead of 42 years old.

:cool:

Reactions: YearlyLottery

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Shestyorkin and Sorokin are two very different goalies.

Shest is very technically sound and he is more conservative (stays in his crease).

Sorokin relies heavily on his natural abilities like movement and reaction and plays very agressively.

I wrote this a while back (2 or so years ago), but longevity-wise, Shest will last longer as his style gives him a longer career...I think Sorokin will burn out a few years earlier like around 38 instead of 42 years old.

:cool:

I've only seen about 50 mins worth of highlights. You seem to know these prospects well. Would you say that Sorokin's style mirrors Vasi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad