Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
In addition to the players listed by Chapin, Mikko Lehtonen has a strong case for the best defenceman outside of NHL. He lead the KHL in goals and assists for defencemen and was fifth in assists for all skaters. Excellent skater, has a good shot and decent size. As an undrafted 26 year old, he needs to sign an ELC for the next season if he crosses the Atlantic.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Just a hypothetical, I wonder if they give him a start if/when he comes over. The goaltending has been mediocre at best.

Hypothetically, the plan is that he signs a 1-year ELC when his KHL season is over and heads straight to the Islanders.

If our goalies are playing like they have been recently, Trotz 'n. co. would be hard pressed not to throw Sorokin into goal ASAP.

Then, as an RFA this summer, he'd get a contract more in alignment (with the help of bonuses) with the type of money he'd otherwise be earning.

Hypothetically...

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Hypothetically, the plan is that he signs a 1-year ELC when his KHL season is over and heads straight to the Islanders.

If our goalies are playing like they have been recently, Trotz 'n. co. would be hard pressed not to throw Sorokin into goal ASAP.

Then, as an RFA this summer, he'd get a contract more in alignment (with the help of bonuses) with the type of money he'd otherwise be earning.

Hypothetically...

Here's hoping his season ends prematurely. Lord knows NYI could use a wild card.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Here's hoping his season ends prematurely. Lord knows NYI could use a wild card.

Has a player ever come over from the KHL and then tore it up on the way to win the cup, winning the Conn Smythe? Is he even eligible for the playoffs since he wasn't on the roster by the trade deadline?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Has a player ever come over from the KHL and then tore it up on the way to win the cup, winning the Conn Smythe? Is he even eligible for the playoffs since he wasn't on the roster by the trade deadline?
Kreider wasn't on the roster for the Rags when he came up and had his nice playoff run. I'm not sure why this would be any different. :dunno:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Kreider wasn't on the roster for the Rags when he came up and had his nice playoff run. I'm not sure why this would be any different. :dunno:

Where did Kreider come from? If it's the minors, that's different. Sorokin isn't even signed by the team yet.

Same with Cale Makar.

Was he signed with Colorado already or did that happen at the same time?

I remember Seidenberg was signed last year at the deadline so he'd be eligible for something, so that's where my mind is at.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

That was my question.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Where did Kreider come from? If it's the minors, that's different. Sorokin isn't even signed by the team yet.

Was he signed with Colorado already or did that happen at the same time?

I remember Seidenberg was signed last year at the deadline so he'd be eligible for something, so that's where my mind is at.

Without looking, I believe he had just finished his season in the NCAA before signing with the Avs and was in the lineup immediately afterwards.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Not NHL, but last year Carolina took over a defenseman from Sweden to play in AHL playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad