Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Is he eligible to come over and play for NYI or BP? After the playoffs are over of course.

Either, once his season is over he is a UFA and can sign a 1 year ELC which expires on July 1 then becomes a RFA and can negotiate a multi-year contract.

I would imagine that short term ELC is going to be maxed out on bonuses based on how many games he plays etc.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
He's got 10 points in 16 games so his production is ok. Someone on twitter said he made minimal effort defensively on a goal and was benched for the rest of the game

He's his own worst enemy. There was a time when he was hyped up as a peer for McDavid, but he didn't have the will.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player loaned to another team before. I know it happens in soccer but can’t remember a time it’s happened in the NHL.
Don't f*** with Lou. He'll send you to motherf***ing San Antonio in the dead of night.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Is he eligible to come over and play for NYI or BP? After the playoffs are over of course.

I believe he can be signed to a 1-year ELC to conclude his KHL season and come over. He would then be an RFA this summer.

Then the team can choose to give him big bucks - you know, the kind that keep him from going back to his 2-3+ MM contracts he's had in the KHL.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Its a loan. He'll finish the season there and I guess wont be qualifed in the summer

Such a shame. If Lamoriello really wanted to f*** him he'd qualify him anyway and let him rot. Nobody to blame but himself.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player loaned to another team before. I know it happens in soccer but can’t remember a time it’s happened in the NHL.

Jordan Binnington actually had it happen to him. He played for the Providence Bruins while he was a member of the St. Louis Blues organization.

Reactions: islesfan3913

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I cannot open because I do not have a subscription to the Athletic. But is either Mitchell Chaffee or Drew O'Connor on their and what does he say. I think both are legitimate prospects. Thanks

16. Drew O’Connor, C, Dartmouth-ECAC
Just two seasons ago, O’Connor was playing in the NCDC for the Boston Jr. Bruins, and now he looks on track to get an NHL contract. O’Connor is a 6-foot-3 forward with good hands and a quality skating stride. He competes well and projects to have some two-way value as a pro. I wouldn’t call him a true playmaker, but he’s got some offense in his game because of his hands and scoring ability. He makes the odd crafty play, but he’s more of a goal scorer and has been one of the top shot generators in the NCAA. While he skates well, I wish he would play a little faster at times.

31. Mitchell Chaffee, RW, Massachusetts-Hockey East
Chaffee has been an important part of some good UMass teams in recent seasons. He’s a player who does a lot well. He’s got a good stick, can make some plays, he has some power in his game and he can drive the net. Chaffee also competes well off the puck and can penalty kill. His skating is average and I’m skeptical he’ll be a true driver of offense in the pros, but he does have enough skill to put up some points.

Reactions: PROMputt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino