Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
This is the first I've heard of a prospect wanting to leave the NCAA in favor of playing in a lower league, other than the CHL.

Maybe LL can convince him to go to Cape Breton or sign his contract and assign him to Bridgeport. FYI Cape Breton is one game over .500.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I like the idea of Cape Breton trading his rights to Halifax.
Then Halifax can trade for Dobson too and that’s a memorial cup team.

Reactions: Hagstrom

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I like the idea of Cape Breton trading his rights to Halifax.
Then Halifax can trade for Dobson too and that’s a memorial cup team.

Yes! That would be awesome to see.

However, would you rather see Dobson not get traded and finish the rest of the season and not make the playoffs with Acadie-Bathurst and then join bridgeport once his season is over and play 3-4 weeks in the AHL. That might be better for his development .

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

However, would you rather see Dobson not get traded and finish the rest of the season and not make the playoffs with Acadie-Bathurst and then join bridgeport once his season is over and play 3-4 weeks in the AHL. That might be better for his development .

I think Dobson’s getting traded at the deadline to the highest bidder.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Dobson will forsure get traded to a playoff team. Another deep run in junior with him logging Big minutes is fine by me.

He’s still just 18

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Interesting re: Whal. As a fan I hope he does what’s best for his hockey development. The Q is a better choice than a lower level of competition. He’ll play a lot more in the CHL than he would in college.

NJDraft

Feb 27, 2002
wanting to leave the NCAA
------------

It may have nothing to do with hockey. There may be other factors involved. Like going to class?

Reactions: YearlyLottery

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
That’s why I said “ or ECHL”

It’s not ideal. I was going off of the speculation he doesn’t want to go to the Q.

The ECHL is not a development league. The USHL or Q are the best options because he will still get a full education package as well.

mk21

Sep 20, 2015
Is there such thing as a trade between CHL teams? Can his rights be traded to an OHL or WHL team or is the Q his only Junior option?

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Is there such thing as a trade between CHL teams? Can his rights be traded to an OHL or WHL team or is the Q his only Junior option?

Teams cannot trade within leagues. His team would have to relinquish his rights and then I believe he is free to sign with a CHL team of another league. That really doesn’t make sense for Cape Breton. They could hold his rights and if he wanted to joint junior but not their team they could work out a trade and they would receive assets.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Dobson will forsure get traded to a playoff team. Another deep run in junior with him logging Big minutes is fine by me.

He’s still just 18
I think dobson is already traded but the deal doesnt go through until dec 1 for whatever reason

Reactions: dood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad