Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part III

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I'm picking October 27th. I'm still not clear what I'm going to do. As of now, I'm probably going to bail. And then when it gets closer, I'll probably have a change of heart.

Ticket prices are still reasonable enough. On par with the prices when we moved to Barclays, mas o menos.

Did anyone sit through the club/suite presentation? They were priced relatively competitively and had a lot value. The best seats came with free tickets to EVERY event at the joint, no matter what the event (If Taylor Swift played 3 nights you'd get your seats for one and then reduced price for others). Depending on what comes through there eventually, that's a big incentive. You were paying roughly $800 for that seat, but with food, booze, lounge, good seats AND the extra events, its not unreasonable if someone is looking to entertain on a large scale. Not for me, obviously, but they put a lot of thought into it.

The cheapest luxury seats were a little over $200 I think. Again, I'm not doing it but not too terrible overall.

800 for the 1 seat in the box? That's f*** you money or gambling.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I'm picking October 27th. I'm still not clear what I'm going to do. As of now, I'm probably going to bail. And then when it gets closer, I'll probably have a change of heart.

Ticket prices are still reasonable enough. On par with the prices when we moved to Barclays, mas o menos.

Did anyone sit through the club/suite presentation? They were priced relatively competitively and had a lot value. The best seats came with free tickets to EVERY event at the joint, no matter what the event (If Taylor Swift played 3 nights you'd get your seats for one and then reduced price for others). Depending on what comes through there eventually, that's a big incentive. You were paying roughly $800 for that seat, but with food, booze, lounge, good seats AND the extra events, its not unreasonable if someone is looking to entertain on a large scale. Not for me, obviously, but they put a lot of thought into it.

The cheapest luxury seats were a little over $200 I think. Again, I'm not doing it but not too terrible overall.
$800 per game?!?

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
5G connections, no deadzones, 4k TVs / projections.

Speakeasy/terraces open before AND after the games for about an HOUR! Parking across hempstead turnpike - 10 min walk to arena, VIP parking (semi covered) next to the arena. No logistics on founders wall other than we'll probably be signing a brick somewhere. No word on LIRR access from the East yet.

Went with 221, row 4. JUUUUUUUUUST on the attack side of the redline.

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Fantastic hope for the coming year
Unbelievable playoffs last year!
Come February, it'll be GAME ON
Keep it Going Isles!

Trying to keep my energy level up while no games are on
Ready to see Barzy blast around the ice At Belmont
Unreal to have outdoor playoff games during the summer
Many laughs and dips in the pool!
Pansy Bailey did very well -- hope he can keep it up!!

Reactions: JKP

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
If it includes all events, then that's actually a pretty solid price actually.

Actually got an email today that my seats in section 116 will include the opportunity to buy my seats for all concerts rather than just an early pre-sale. Definitely been a better experience already than in years past.

Reactions: eoin92

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Weighing corner attack twice 200s vs. center ice 200s. Price difference isn't negligible.

there was a very compelling argument on another page that unless you get row 2 of the 200s, you may as well go to the 300s for the difference in price.

personally, I think they priced it to get everyone to move to the 100s and that worked for me.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Honestly though, if you make 500K a year that's worth it. Just gotta uhh... rob a few banks or hit 2000% ROI on my calls.
$500K a year is solid.

Throw in a wife, 3 kids (maybe one or more in college), New York area mortgage with federal, state and local taxes...and then look at $800 per seat after taxes.

You'll blink.

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
$500K a year is solid.

Throw in a wife, 3 kids (maybe one or more in college), New York area mortgage with federal, state and local taxes...and then look at $800 per seat after taxes.

You'll blink.

You think people have more than 2 kids on purpose? Feels like self inflicted torture otherwise...

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Have any other STH heard a peep from the team? I tried to call the other day and still haven't heard back.. Realize there won't be fans now but considering they were still taking payments until I told them to stop, figured they would send us something. (btw, I have been left off of some mailings before for some reason so more curious if that is the case again)

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Have any other STH heard a peep from the team? I tried to call the other day and still haven't heard back.. Realize there won't be fans now but considering they were still taking payments until I told them to stop, figured they would send us something. (btw, I have been left off of some mailings before for some reason so more curious if that is the case again)

got an email next week saying my money for this years tickets will be going towards next year.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Thanks.. Wow and they sent me nothing.. again.. how many times have I called them to tell them I dont get info

i believe we will get priority access for tickets at coliseum IF they have fans this year.

my buddy has the same issue with emails and calls. Luckily my rep has been good with his responses when I email.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
i believe we will get priority access for tickets at coliseum IF they have fans this year.

my buddy has the same issue with emails and calls. Luckily my rep has been good with his responses when I email.

They reserved a percentage of this year's ticket money in the event that fans are able to attend games at some points. Season ticket holders can use this credit for those games. Everything else has been applied to 21-22.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
They reserved a percentage of this year's ticket money in the event that fans are able to attend games at some points. Season ticket holders can use this credit for those games. Everything else has been applied to 21-22.

thanks, my invoices have not been updated... frustrating. I have asked them to fix the email issue for at least 3 years, and didnt realize it has been going on much longer than that.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I just pulled the trigger for my Belmont seats. While I was considering giving them up, I very expectedly caved. Moved from the shoot 2x side to the defend 2x side in Sect 118 on the aisle. All and all, I think they'll be really nice.

I have a few guys on the site joining me in a ticket group. If anyone else was looking for a partial plan and is interested to join, hit me up off line and I'm sure we can work something out.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I just pulled the trigger for my Belmont seats. While I was considering giving them up, I very expectedly caved. Moved from the shoot 2x side to the defend 2x side in Sect 118 on the aisle. All and all, I think they'll be really nice.

I have a few guys on the site joining me in a ticket group. If anyone else was looking for a partial plan and is interested to join, hit me up off line and I'm sure we can work something out.
What row in 118?

When I signed up in October I picked Section 117. I was looking to sit in the back rows of the section-row 16 or higher. At that time they had all the seats from row 16-28 blocked out. Same thing in 118. My rep said they were being held back for team use and league sponsors, so I had to settle for row 14 in 117.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
What row in 118?

When I signed up in October I picked Section 117. I was looking to sit in the back rows of the section-row 16 or higher. At that time they had all the seats from row 16-28 blocked out. Same thing in 118. My rep said they were being held back for team use and league sponsors, so I had to settle for row 14 in 117.
Row 13. I like sitting on the side away from center ice in order to avoid the stream of people going up and down the aisle. I think the "good" side of the aisle was all gone. Row 10 was still available but I took a few rows back for the better angle.

Hard to pick a seat when you aren't able to sit in it. At least at Barclays, you were able to sample the actual seat and see what the view looked like. My Barclays seats had a glass partition in front of them at the end of the section. It didn't come in to play at all but it could have. Was good to be able to get the actual view before pulling the trigger. Obviously we can't do that now - need to take a little leap of faith.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Row 13. I like sitting on the side away from center ice in order to avoid the stream of people going up and down the aisle. I think the "good" side of the aisle was all gone. Row 10 was still available but I took a few rows back for the better angle.

Hard to pick a seat when you aren't able to sit in it. At least at Barclays, you were able to sample the actual seat and see what the view looked like. My Barclays seats had a glass partition in front of them at the end of the section. It didn't come in to play at all but it could have. Was good to be able to get the actual view before pulling the trigger. Obviously we can't do that now - need to take a little leap of faith.
Did you notice if the upper rows of your section had any availability? I don't want to needlessly call my rep to see if I can change seats already. But I will :nod:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Did you notice if the upper rows of your section had any availability? I don't want to needlessly call my rep to see if I can change seats already. But I will :nod:
This is what it looked like right before New Year's....I can't get back into my seat viewer to see as I locked up my seats but i don't think it has changed much....if you want the aisle (on the side farther from center ice), looks like you can do row 16 or 24. the other aisle is all taken. Personally, I don't like everyone walking past you, but that's just me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad