Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part III

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The just released a bunch of seats... That's why entire rows just opened up.
I'm sure they've been holding back some seats as they are still offering incentives to people to buy STs and get playoff tix cheap. But they should probably start releasing those sooner rather than later. They're gonna take a hit.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm sure they've been holding back some seats as they are still offering incentives to people to buy STs and get playoff tix cheap. But they should probably start releasing those sooner rather than later. They're gonna take a hit.
Once again they shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to how they handle ticket sales. Going back to Year 1 with BSE undercutting their own STHs by selling tix cheaper in the secondary market than what the STHs paid for their tickets, making break-even almost impossible,

Reactions: Lame Lambert

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Perhaps it is time we stop patting ourselves on the back for being such a great fanbase when many of us refuse to take the train and/or pay a premium for the playoffs.

And I'm pretty sure if the Isles make it to the finals it will be more fun than round 1.

I'm curious, do you live out here or somewhere else? The way you word your posts makes it seem as if you have no experience trying to get to these games on time OR you have not been to Barclays more than five times.

Train: Nobody is refusing to take the train. I take the train and the subway all the time to go to Yankee games and to go to any other sport around here you have to take the train. I am to sure why you are assuming so much.

Paying a premium: This is factually incorrect. This makes me think that you do not live around here though because I paid more for my game 2 tickets to round 1 than I would have paid for round 2 tickets in Brooklyn.

You might be pretty sure if the Isles make it to the finals it would be more fun than round 1, but from a fan perspective of being there this is just not true. Using your theory round 2 should be more fun than round 1 when that is not true either.

Again, a lot of assuming done from you here, which honestly makes the post seem a tad ridiculous considering much of the information is either wrong or you do not have a good point to make so you go so far out on a limb to try and make one.

Reactions: Poster Unknown

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'm curious, do you live out here or somewhere else? The way you word your posts makes it seem as if you have no experience trying to get to these games on time OR you have not been to Barclays more than five times.

Train: Nobody is refusing to take the train. I take the train and the subway all the time to go to Yankee games and to go to any other sport around here you have to take the train. I am to sure why you are assuming so much.

Paying a premium: This is factually incorrect. This makes me think that you do not live around here though because I paid more for my game 2 tickets to round 1 than I would have paid for round 2 tickets in Brooklyn.

You might be pretty sure if the Isles make it to the finals it would be more fun than round 1, but from a fan perspective of being there this is just not true. Using your theory round 2 should be more fun than round 1 when that is not true either.

Again, a lot of assuming done from you here, which honestly makes the post seem a tad ridiculous considering much of the information is either wrong or you do not have a good point to make so you go so far out on a limb to try and make one.
Why are you a moderator?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Why are you a moderator?

Do you not want to have the discussion? I understand the Barclays topic is touchy for some people (mostly everyone), but I am trying to have a civil discussion regarding it. Again, if you would like to post snarky replies and not actually have a discussion that is your right to do so I guess.

You replied twice to my posts questioning the fandom of someone who cannot make the Brooklyn games nearly as easily as the Nassau games. If this is the reply you would like to have on the subject so be it. Typically when you get the snarky replies it means you have nothing else to add to the conversation.

I do question how much you have been to Barclays and Nassau as a whole though. Living out here I think you would understand the difficulty and why is annoys so many on here. Who knows maybe you do live out here and can get to any game you wish to go to.

There were a lot of factual errors in your posting though on this subject. So make all the jokes you wish and I believe a major reason you responded like this is because you know the post is not close to being true.

Reactions: Poster Unknown

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Do you not want to have the discussion? I understand the Barclays topic is touchy for some people (mostly everyone), but I am trying to have a civil discussion regarding it. Again, if you would like to post snarky replies and not actually have a discussion that is your right to do so I guess.

You replied twice to my posts questioning the fandom of someone who cannot make the Brooklyn games nearly as easily as the Nassau games. If this is the reply you would like to have on the subject so be it. Typically when you get the snarky replies it means you have nothing else to add to the conversation.

I do question how much you have been to Barclays and Nassau as a whole though. Living out here I think you would understand the difficulty and why is annoys so many on here. Who knows maybe you do live out here and can get to any game you wish to go to.

There were a lot of factual errors in your posting though on this subject. So make all the jokes you wish and I believe a major reason you responded like this is because you know the post is not close to being true.
Plenty of people here cited the train/commute and/or cost as to why they don’t go to Barclays. So everything I posted is factually correct.

I used to live in NYC and made the painful commute to the coliseum many times. Especially in the playoffs. Without owning a car. Never complained.

I just realized this is the season ticket holders thread. Clicked on here inadvertently and don’t want to hijack it so will respectfully bow out.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013

I think the train gets annoying because you’re really dependent on the LIRR and their departure times. I actually live in Brooklyn right near Barclays but going to the Coli, I keep checking my watch near the end of the game in hopes that I don’t miss the train and have to wait an hour. I can only imagine how it feels for all the LI folks who go to Barclays.

It’s been pretty well documented that face value tickets for round 2 are double what round 1 is. But because of the venue change, 2nd round tickets are going for far less on the secondary market, which is probably what you are seeing.

I have no doubt though that the finals would be more fun just because the isles are so close to a cup. As the rounds go on, the tension ratchets up, and so does the excitement (for me anyway).

Honestly, last nights crowd was great considering it was Barclays, but the coliseum with their low ceilings generates a ton more noise. But any new arena we go to will be more like Barclays with the suites (but no obstructed seats). So an arena like the coliseum will most likely never exist again which is a shame, but is expected.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I think the train gets annoying because you’re really dependent on the LIRR and their departure times.

Yeah, and I feel for you guys that make the commute the other way. At least in a place like Atlantic Terminal you can just wait for the next one out to Jamaica and change there if need be. You guys have to take an uber/cab or something similar and then wait at one of the local stations near the Coliseum.

It’s been pretty well documented that face value tickets for round 2 are double what round 1 is.

Same. They set the initial prices too high on the season ticket presale. I ended up losing money on both pairs of seats I sold last night. The flip side is that I sat in 112, which is really an excellent view, for not a whole ton of money considering it's round 2. The seats were ticketmaster direct sales yesterday, too.

So an arena like the coliseum will most likely never exist again which is a shame, but is expected.

Also agreed. But I mean, people had their experience in Round 1, so the comparison is to immediate history. While the Coli is still around and hosting games it would've been much better to have it there.

Also, and I know that Belmont won't be the same as the Coliseum, but I think Barclays presents unique challenges, like the lack of the upper bowl extending around the entire arena, that kill the noise even more than Belmont would. You have to figure that Belmont is not going to be as good as the Coliseum in terms of atmosphere, but also not as bad as Barclays.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
So an arena like the coliseum will most likely never exist again which is a shame, but is expected.
Not true. Listen to the Carolina home games and Columbus as well. It’s obviously not Coliseum level, but those buildings don’t actively drown out the crowd the way Barclays does. Malkin and Ledecky aren’t stupid; Belmont will have a low ceiling and crowd friendly acoustics.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Not true. Listen to the Carolina home games and Columbus as well. It’s obviously not Coliseum level, but those buildings don’t actively drown out the crowd the way Barclays does. Malkin and Ledecky aren’t stupid; Belmont will have a low ceiling and crowd friendly acoustics.

Not sure how much is amplified by NBC, but Carolina's sounded pretty damn loud to me.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I’ve been to Columbus, it’s nothing special. I think a lot of it has to do with acoustics and how the mics pick up the noise on tv. The Isles crowd last night at Barclays was really loud, and the only time I’ve heard the crowd that loud in Barclays for hockey was game 6 against Florida. But none of those rinks were as loud as the coliseum, and that’s just because of the lower ceiling and proximity of the lower bowl. You just can’t expect that in any new arena. I think you can expect the upper bow to not be as steep as it is in Barclays, which may help? But it won’t be much.

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
Something about Barclays just seems to drain the energy We’ll just have to be even louder next game. The place is kinda like uncle Leo, the player where offense goes to die, it’s the place where enthusiasm goes to die. Martins comments post game at least made it seem that the players found the crowd loud, maybe it’s just in the stands where there seems to be an upper/lower bowl disconnect, and ice level seems loud? :dunno:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Something about Barclays just seems to drain the energy We’ll just have to be even louder next game. The place is kinda like uncle Leo, the player where offense goes to die, it’s the place where enthusiasm goes to die. Martins comments post game at least made it seem that the players found the crowd loud, maybe it’s just in the stands where there seems to be an upper/lower bowl disconnect, and ice level seems loud? :dunno:

Not sure what the game sounded like on TV because I was there yesterday, but the building was pretty damn loud. It will never be Coliseum loud because of the way the building is designed, but it's this fanbase that makes things loud in either building, not the Coliseum specifically.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Isles sales team is an absolute shitshow. They overcharged us for round 1 and 2, had to fight to get my money back. Now they lost 100 dollars of mine and don't know where it went, AND our rep said we won't be refunded anything (for unplayed games) until the playoff smoke clears.

WTF? Why can I not charge these f***ers interest for holding my money?

Also, If Ryan K. is anyone elses rep, tell him to suck a fat one for me? thanks.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I got charged for 3 games in Round 1 and only 2 in Round 2. I figure they carried over the 3rd game from Round 1 to Round 2 and only charged the difference. But, they still owe me a refund for a game.
I bought extra strips for both rounds. Pretty sure they charged me the full 4 games for each strip. I just confirmed that on my credit card.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
For season tickets I used the pay as confirmed option so I don’t think they owe anything. For strips, I think we had the same pay as confirmed option so I’m guessing that’s what I used as well.

Last edited:

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
I paid for all four games for the extra strip in round two… I’m assuming they will just put two games back on my credit card but I’m going to email my rep and find out

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
My ticket rep said that Ticketmaster would be issuing the refund. Called Ticketmaster and they have no record of me buying tickets.......

WTF rep, you have one job and no playoffs to worry about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad