Islanders General Rumour, Trade, FA, & Waiver Speculation 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I think that some of them have top 4 potential. Salo, Mirages, Toews and Pelech. Other than Leddy I don't think we have any 1st pairing potential LHD. Not that I wouldnt want Nurse if we could grab him with out the Killer B's(Barzal, Beauvillier, Bellows), Wahlstrom, or Dobson

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I think that some of them have top 4 potential. Salo, Mirages, Toews and Pelech. Other than Leddy I don't think we have any 1st pairing potential LHD. Not that I wouldnt want Nurse if we could grab him with out the Killer B's(Barzal, Beauvillier, Bellows), Wahlstrom, or Dobson

I’d be willing to part w a lottery protected first and Devon Toews or JHS. Maybe Bellows.

Nurse would be an anchor on our blueline for years.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
If I was an Edmonton fan,I would be uneasy.
Chia has shown a willingness, to trade what should be his core youngsters.

Maybe they would want cheap futures back, eg JHS, to give them skill and depth on the wing.

Or try to unload their bad contracts, as you suggested.

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Maybe they would want cheap futures back, eg JHS, to give them skill and depth on the wing.

Or try to unload their bad contracts, as you suggested.

It sounds like Chia did try to unload Lucic,but not in a cap dump. Chia tried to get value back and no other team bit.
He should have asked Lucic to waive his ntc and retained salary, just to be free of that bad contract.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
If ever there was a GM textbook, Garth would have a full chapter of what NOT to do.....

I would love to get the Fantastic Four of Garth, Chia, Dorion and Bergevin in a room and listen to them talk about their GM "proficiency", lol.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
It sounds like Chia did try to unload Lucic,but not in a cap dump. Chia tried to get value back and no other team bit.
He should have asked Lucic to waive his ntc and retained salary, just to be free of that bad contract.
We'll take Lucic and RNH for a third rounder and Ladd ;)

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
We'll take Lucic and RNH for a third rounder and Ladd ;)
Do not bring that proposal up to Oiler fans. They think RNH's 45-55 pts are worth a package centered around Dobson or Wahlstrom. Got very pissy in a recent thread. Reminded me of the Hamonic to Edmonton threads :popcorn:

Reactions: beach

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Wow, a player being up front and honest about their situation. Refreshing.

And this is why I expect Panarin to be traded. CBJ isn’t going to sit around and wait for Panarin to walk away for nothing.

When a player is unsure if he wants to re-sign with his team long term, then he really doesn’t want to be there all that much.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
As others have mentioned, this could be an opportunity for NYI. If Chicago can make a move for Panarin, could NYI grab Anisimov? I know he had a rough year last year, but he's a prototypical Lamoriello player.

Reactions: doublechili

SI

Feb 16, 2013
According to Flames fans,Gio lifts all his partners play.

Brodie needing to play with the team's best all round defenseman, does not inspire confidence that he would bounce back in a change of scenery trade.

But who else do you think you'll get for Brock nelson?

Brodie's numbers are NOT terrible -

Good possession player - on the right side of 50. 2nd most TOI on the blueline. Very good contract 2y at 4.6m.

And the Flames have Rasmussen Anderson and Oliver Kylington waiting to step in.

Again I ask who do you think you will get for Brock Nelson?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
But who else do you think you'll get for Brock nelson?

Brodie's numbers are NOT terrible -

Good possession player - on the right side of 50. 2nd most TOI on the blueline. Very good contract 2y at 4.6m.

And the Flames have Rasmussen Anderson and Oliver Kylington waiting to step in.

Again I ask who do you think you will get for Brock Nelson?
I would rather trade Nelson for picks then a defenseman who has struggled for the past 2 yrs and needs a change of scenery.

It is interesting that you point out Brodie's numbers don't look bad. On paper, Nelson is a consistent 20 goal scorer, whose numbers don't look bad either.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wow, a player being up front and honest about their situation. Refreshing.

Are we sure he didn’t just profess his love for the city of Columbus and the Blue Jackets organization and say that his main focus is to remain a Blue Jacket but he’s not ready to sign?:sarcasm:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Do not bring that proposal up to Oiler fans. They think RNH's 45-55 pts are worth a package centered around Dobson or Wahlstrom. Got very pissy in a recent thread. Reminded me of the Hamonic to Edmonton threads :popcorn:

Just browsing here for fun as I am terried of the next trade Chiarelli makes with NYI. But this comment is very interesting. What was your take away from the Hamonic to Edmonton threads? I do remember those threads pretty good. I was in those threads saying that Hamonic was largely overrated based on the asking price at the time. Many Oiler fans were saying hes a solid 2nd pairing D but not much more.

In the end, NYI got great value for Hamonic (Isles fans were right), but then he went to Calgary and struggled/ at best played as a solid middle pairing D and did not live up to the return given up (Oilers fans were right). If you wanted to showcase examples of Edmontons fans being wrong, there is other examples, but the Hamonic to Edmonton threads are definitely not one of them, it is one of the examples of Edmonton fans being right. Hell, even the Reinhart threads back in the day, alot of Edmonton fans were saying he wasnt going to be good when people were discussing him going back to Edmonton, and again turned out to be right. The fans were right, but unfortunately its the GM who makes the actual move and fans cant control a brutal GM

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
As others have mentioned, this could be an opportunity for NYI. If Chicago can make a move for Panarin, could NYI grab Anisimov? I know he had a rough year last year, but he's a prototypical Lamoriello player.
I like this idea. If I'm not mistaken, Anisimov has 2 years left on his contract at not a bad number ($4 million or so). He'd be at worst a decent stop gap.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I wonder....is Panarin’s problem that he doesn’t like living in Columbus, or he doesn’t like being on a Tortorella coached team?

It's that he gets scared when the cannons go off.

Reactions: MJF

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Just browsing here for fun as I am terried of the next trade Chiarelli makes with NYI. But this comment is very interesting. What was your take away from the Hamonic to Edmonton threads? I do remember those threads pretty good. I was in those threads saying that Hamonic was largely overrated based on the asking price at the time. Many Oiler fans were saying hes a solid 2nd pairing D but not much more.

In the end, NYI got great value for Hamonic (Isles fans were right), but then he went to Calgary and struggled/ at best played as a solid middle pairing D and did not live up to the return given up (Oilers fans were right). If you wanted to showcase examples of Edmontons fans being wrong, there is other examples, but the Hamonic to Edmonton threads are definitely not one of them, it is one of the examples of Edmonton fans being right. Hell, even the Reinhart threads back in the day, alot of Edmonton fans were saying he wasnt going to be good when people were discussing him going back to Edmonton, and again turned out to be right. The fans were right, but unfortunately its the GM who makes the actual move and fans cant control a brutal GM
I'm sure there were reasonable proposals from EDM fans, but I think there were a number of not-so-reasonable posts suggesting guys like Davidson plus a pick, or Eberle for Hamonic+. But yeah, Hamonic's true value ended up being in between our opinions at the time (and we did well in the Calgary deal, especially considering Dobson dropped to us).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad