Islanders General Rumour, Trade, FA, & Waiver Speculation 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
One way deal. Would pencil him in as a regular.

Yeah, I don’t expect they’d risk losing him to waivers. Even if he starts out as the 7th d. I don’t think he will or thatvwould generally be good for his development but it all depends on what he shows early on. I have a feeling now more than ever that the best guys will win the jobs and play.

We have fresh eyes with Trotz and Lou so whoever sticks out and impresses will end up playing imo.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Be interesting if in the offseason we walk away with Panarin and Bobrovsky as free agents.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Kyle Burroughs as well. He looked solid last yr for BP

And he just turned 23 a few days ago, which is still fairly young for a defenseman.

Definitely could be an option as a depth defenseman down the road in the mold of Hickey. With Rathgeb signed, Burroughs might have to get his shot like Hickey got his, via waivers from another team.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Re: Nelson, we are inventing scenarios where he gets dealt (me included), but it's possible that Lou and/or Trotz are familiar with him and have been thinking he's got potential but needs better coaching and/or a kick in the pants.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Re: Nelson, we are inventing scenarios where he gets dealt (me included), but it's possible that Lou and/or Trotz are familiar with him and have been thinking he's got potential but needs better coaching and/or a kick in the pants.
I think they've gotten offers but they're bad and they might just be better off with a one year deal to see what they have and trade him at the deadline if it's a lost year.

At least I'm praying that's the case.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
It’s going to be a long season...lol

Yeah, that top pairing is brutal. Pulock is wear he belongs on the middle pairing. Pelech has to be better, and we have no idea what to expect from Toews yet. Leddy cant be getting top mins again this year, one of the biggest problems we had was he plays way too often and simply is that good.

Reactions: IODCPiper and OpAck

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Good signing. Think he’ll be a smart, agile CDH with a touch more offense.

What’s the AVV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad