Islanders General Rumour, Trade, FA, & Waiver Speculation 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Isles friends and posters alike. Something that will lighten the mood here. I just posted on the Main board in a Nylander for Pulock and Dobson proposal. I almost spilled my coffee at this one.

Isles players being wanted is never a bad thing, a sign fans from other teams value The Isles prospects. But that one was funny.

There is no way the Isles are trading their 2 cornerstone young D men for just Nylander and some throw ins.
Nylander is a good forward, and Toronto clearly needs defence, but not only are they looking for an awful lot, but why would anyone think another team with sub-par defence would be willing to trade what little they have?

I'm not criticizing our defence, which may actually be better than Toronto's, but if you want to trade for a defenceman, or any other position, you look to a team that has too many good ones, not too few.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nylander is a good forward, and Toronto clearly needs defence, but not only are they looking for an awful lot, but why would anyone think another team with sub-par defence would be willing to trade what little they have?

I'm not criticizing our defence, which may actually be better than Toronto's, but if you want to trade for a defenceman, or any other position, you look to a team that has too many good ones, not too few.

I don't think a team is going to get a Dobson, based on before and already how he has impressed on and off the ice for anything less than a team's top 2 young players. Throwing in Pulock who is also showing great promise as a core D man last season was just the ketchup on top of that proposal that made me say, hold the ketchup on that one. I would consider a Pulock for Nylander, though I would have to think hard on that one too. Top pairing young D men are incredibly hard to find in this league, throwing in both well that made me chuckle, and it was a hold the mayo and ketchup moment for me. To keep it lighthearted here. I'm sending back my order on that one.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Such a small sample size but I didn't like Nylander in the playoffs, at all. Way too timid. Then again, he could turn it around just as easily and put up a PPG next time in there but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Trevor Gillies announced his retirement today on Facebook today. First game against the Pens we need to bring him in to do a ceremonial face off and to induct him into the team HOF for one of the greatest moments in team history: FIGHT NIGHT!!!

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Such a small sample size but I didn't like Nylander in the playoffs, at all. Way too timid. Then again, he could turn it around just as easily and put up a PPG next time in there but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I'd love to have him here (considering he was the kid I wanted in his draft year as opposed to Dal Colle) and he has amazingly dynamic skills. His skating is way up there too!

What I don't think is that we'd be good trade partners w/ Toronto at this point.

I can't imagine anything Toronto would want that we could or should part with.

Suggestions including either Dobson or Pulock are an absolute no.

Not saying Nylander may not be worth them, but we are built such that the qualities of these Dmen will be MUCH more important to us than the skill set Nylander brings, which we theoretically have covered with Ho-Sang, Wahlstrom, and Bellows.

But I'd not be abject to it if something else could be worked out.

Then again, maybe Lou has ZERO interest in Nylander.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I'd love to have him here (considering he was the kid I wanted in his draft year as opposed to Dal Colle) and he has amazingly dynamic skills. His skating is way up there too!

What I don't think is that we'd be good trade partners w/ Toronto at this point.

Not saying Nylander may not be worth them, but we are built such that the qualities of these Dmen will be MUCH more important to us than the skill set Nylander brings, which we theoretically have covered with Ho-Sang, Wahlstrom, and Bellows.

I wanted him too but because he said he was a fan of Judas, formally known as JT at the time, so I wanted him or Ehlers who just plain excited me. Only draft I could brag about.

Toronto needs D; we do too. Pretty much starts and ends there since these are good players/prospects.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I would like to see the Isles to add to their talent base. Build through the draft. They got what looks to be a stud Goalie, Dman, and winger already in the pipeline. + some interesting prospects. They have their 1st and Calgary's 2nd next season. Need to hit on these picks. But this team is not too far away to do some damage in the NHL.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Seguin saying some harsh words about Dallas today.

With all the attention Tavares got, I really think more and more of these top UFAs will want to go through their own courting process. Panarin, Seguin, Patches, Duchene, Stone, Karlsson might all be strongly eyeing that negotiation window, and the Isles are in a great position to spend.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Seguin saying some harsh words about Dallas today.

With all the attention Tavares got, I really think more and more of these top UFAs will want to go through their own courting process. Panarin, Seguin, Patches, Duchene, Stone, Karlsson might all be strongly eyeing that negotiation window, and the Isles are in a great position to spend.
Wonder if Judas started a trend.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

The original post that I responded to said it was a leaf fan suggestion.

I think we all know that fans, and not just leaf fans, can come up with the stupidest trade suggestions.

But to offer only a second or third line winger for the top two defencemen on the only team that might be worse defensively is going above and beyond the call of stupid.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Trevor Gillies announced his retirement today on Facebook today. First game against the Pens we need to bring him in to do a ceremonial face off and to induct him into the team HOF for one of the greatest moments in team history: FIGHT NIGHT!!!
I am sure Eric Tangradi never forgave that dude

Definitely not the best islander gillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad