Post-Game Talk: Islanders at Rangers Preseason Game 1 9/27/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
A moment of silence for Pinky, last season's dancing flamingo post-game win meme, who was tragically killed over the summer. :shakehead

Also Mika Zibanejad GOAT

What? No... Did it get loose?

In regard to the game, the looked pretty good tonight. There were a lot of hungry players. Zibanejad is the real deal. He can dish as well as snap. Wrath looked out of place until late in the second period, but he finished strong. He actually almost scored on the shot on the whistle before his slapper. He really gets good wood on it when he Tees it up.

And what a game by Clandening!

I'm not impressed with Skeji. I haven't been since I've seen him, and he was lackluster tonight.

Girardi is still slow, but he's not trying out, so hopefully he gets it all together.

Also, could those dirty ass Islander fans show up at their own arenas instead of annoying me at The Garden? If they keep doing it, they are going to need to also not show up for home games in Quebec.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
You got it, dude. Seems that the positive feedback has carried over from the World Cup thread and that these are a cool idea. I'll do my best to do them for every game :)

My thoughts:

Was overly surprised with Clendening. I really hope that AV and the staff give him and McIlrath a long look, and really consider their options outside of Girardi.

Skjei was horrid. How much of that was G and how much of that was Skjei? If we open with a Skjei-G third pairing though, well, tonight wasn't a very good preview.

Zbad... wow. He and Kreider have definite chemistry, and Buch didn't look out of place, either.

That PP1 unit was dominant, as well. Four-forwards is something I'd really like to see carry over to the regular season. Thinking McDonagh will look mighty fine feeding ZBad in the OV spot if Clendening isn't there.

What did you think of Staals game tonight?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
What? No... Did it get loose?
Nah some guy is just a massive *******.

Hey guys, anyone got some highlights to the Zibby 3 points? Glad you guys like him, he was one of my fav players on the Sens
Have you ever seen the last half-hour of Commando?

I'd like to see them against like real NHL teams but him and Kreider seemed to have great chemistry. Here's his goal:

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
What did you think of Staals game tonight?

Don't remember anything specific that sticks out good or bad. Which isn't a bad thing for Staal at all. With partners in the mold of Clendening (guys who can move the puck quick or skate it out of trouble), he tends to do his job and go about his business.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Don't remember anything specific that sticks out good or bad. Which isn't a bad thing for Staal at all. With partners in the mold of Clendening (guys who can move the puck quick or skate it out of trouble), he tends to do his job and go about his business.
He took one of the all-time saddest point shots but that was more funny than bad lol

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I am pretty much in line with all of the opinions from all of HF. But man was Skjei a huge disappointment. Of course it's just a preseason game, but he was brutal.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
How does Skjei show up with a game like that after getting a taste of the playoffs?

Unacceptable.. Even if it is only PS

Staal had a good game

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
nerves would do a lot to ya. Even Buchnevich had nerves going in. That's what the preseason is for.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
How do the Rangers pick who is playing in these games? For example, why no Vesey?

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Skjei was paired with the worst defense men in the NHL. Girardi wasn't bad but he didn't help the kid out ,

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

I thought Staal's skating looked noticeably better tonight than it did at any point last season. He was a little quicker and didn't seem to lumber how he did all last season.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
nerves would do a lot to ya. Even Buchnevich had nerves going in. That's what the preseason is for.

Buch looked like he was having fun though. Skjei was a train wreck. I wasn't expecting that from him at all. Seems like a confident kid.

I'm sure he'll straighten it out though

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
How do the Rangers pick who is playing in these games? For example, why no Vesey?

Three groups in camp. Group A, B, and C.

Group C was basically cut today. Most of Group A played today. Most of Group B will likely play Thursday.

Vesey, IIRC, wasn't in group A, but in Group B. So, he didn't play today. We'll likely see him on Thursday, with the rest of Group B (along with Hayes, Nash, etc.)

CtNG_jtXEAA1z1s.jpg

Some obvious player shuffling to fill gaps in the lineup with the cuts and whatnot, since some players in the groups on that list got moved around and didn't play today (Like Gilmour/Pirri were flipped). But that's the general gist of it.

TurgePurge*

From the OTT board:

"Brassard looks like a very nice upgrade. Really nice vision and plays on the PP."

So either its the most mutually beneficial trade of all time or maybe we all should let things play out a little before making declarations.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
From the OTT board:

"Brassard looks like a very nice upgrade. Really nice vision and plays on the PP."

So either its the most mutually beneficial trade of all time or maybe we all should let things play out a little before making declarations.

Meh...I'll trade perceived "vision" for a realized filthy shot and dish any day.

Note: I do like Brassard

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
From the OTT board:

Or both players are really good and the change of scenery is making them better for it? Lol

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
From the OTT board:

My understanding is that Ottawa is loaded with shooters, where as we are loaded with playmakers. We love Zib already because he shoots, they love Brass cause he can pass.

Mutually beneficial, but we got the younger player :naughty:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
From the OTT board:

We'll see what happens after the adrenaline wears off.

Brass is the better player IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA