- Clendening
- Staal
- Pirri

The Bad:
- Skjei
- Glass
- Girardi
- Brown

McI was in the bad after 2 periods, but settled down a lot in the 3rd.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Clendening may be forcing his way onto this roster. I was excited when they signed him. He really knows how to move the puck and he brings some creativity to the PP. something this team needs.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Buch was making lots of nice little plays and was good defensively. Clearly not comfortable yet but he looks good

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Big things to me:
Clendening makes a push for #6 D-man
Ziba plays a lot in all situations (ES, PP, PK) and looks great
Hrivik plays well in all situations after Jooris injury. Makes argument for #4 Center

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Loved the Kreider/Z/Buch line. Clendenning was a pleasant surprise, and I'm already rethinking my view on him. Hrvik made a strong case for a spot on the 4th line. The goalies, especially Skapper, were excellent. I liked what Pirri brought. I don't think McIlrath was as bad as some made him out.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Easy win. Good special teams and netminding from 2 AHL mainstays this year.
Clendening, Pirri, Zinbad all looked very good. Staal, Buch, Kreider, Bodie also good games. Strömwalls first half was good too, tapered off in 2nd half. Kovacs a bit apprehensive but better as game progressed. Hrivik good, Jensen OK. Skjei, McIllraith (despite goal), Glass and Brown were not good. Skjei actually worst Ranger. Girardi meh. Lapierre better than Glass. Hopefully Jooris is not hurt badly. Intriguing as player. Nice to see Joe and Sam. Again.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Skjei was awful and Clendening looked like EK65 out there. Other then that the 1st line was very good and Pirris release is pure filth.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
A moment of silence for Pinky, last season's dancing flamingo post-game win meme, who was tragically killed over the summer. :shakehead

Also Mika Zibanejad GOAT

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Buch was making lots of nice little plays and was good defensively. Clearly not comfortable yet but he looks good

Yeah, more quiet than his linemates but still looked like he's settling in and a bit tentative. Made some good plays, chased down the puck well and moved it to teammates, had a couple of good shots.

Hrivik looked the best out of the AHL group and should be on this team over someone like Glass or Lapierre. Versatile forward.

Kovacs and Stomwall need AHL time

Clendenning looked solid though had some weak defensive zone passes that ended up as giveaways later. We'll see how he goes

McIlrath was good after the 1st period, don't see why people are bagging on his second period play. He won pucks, managed the puck effectively and made passes, etc.

Girardi and Staal need to improve

Skjei needs to settle down and start with the simple plays before he starts trying to make the harder plays.

Pirri was solid.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
How does this look compared to what you guys think about the game? Rapid reactions?

vEijWZm.png

Zib didn't play enough 5v5, but there was a ton of special teams play, so that makes sense.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Hrivik would be excellent on our 4th line. Buch looked great. Zibinjad is fantastic. Skjei was awful and we cant blame girardi this time. Mcilrath settled down as the game went on. Really want him to be in the top 6. Clendening was also very good. Jensen wasnt noticable. I thought lapierre was good. Look forward to his next game. Stromwall and kovacs are good players. This time next year they could be knocking on the door. Will be interesting to watch them in hartford. Brown and glass can dissappear. Also the goalies were fantastic. Hellberg really interests me. Also look forward to his next game

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Loved the Kreider/Z/Buch line. Clendenning was a pleasant surprise, and I'm already rethinking my view on him. Hrvik made a strong case for a spot on the 4th line. The goalies, especially Skapper, were excellent. I liked what Pirri brought. I don't think McIlrath was as bad as some made him out.

I don't think he was terribly good in the 1st period but I feel like peoples perceptions of his play after that are colored by one bad bounce play against him that started out as a good positioning and block of a neutral zone pass

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Yeah, more quiet than his linemates but still looked like he's settling in and a bit tentative. Made some good plays, chased down the puck well and moved it to teammates, had a couple of good shots.

Hrivik looked the best out of the AHL group and should be on this team over someone like Glass or Lapierre. Versatile forward.

Kovacs and Stomwall need AHL time

Clendenning looked solid though had some weak defensive zone passes that ended up as giveaways later. We'll see how he goes

McIlrath was good after the 1st period, don't see why people are bagging on his second period play. He won pucks, managed the puck effectively and made passes, etc.

Girardi and Staal need to improve

Skjei needs to settle down and start with the simple plays before he starts trying to make the harder plays.

Pirri was solid.

McI had that terrible play in the 2nd period where he was...well i dont know what he was doing, trying to swat the puck or something and fell down, leading to a clear 2 on 1 that one of the goalie came up huge on. So he was still rough in the 2nd.

Staal needs to improve? He played basically a flawless game on defense.

Everything else i agree with you on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille