Player Discussion Isac Lundestrom

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
Two primary assists in today's playoff game. So far 1+4 in five games.
He's the motor in the line, which as a whole has played great so far during the playoffs. And now he's also starting to make plays during PP which is positive for his points production.

The only issues I have is that he tends to hold on to the puck a bit too long in the O-zone from time to time. He could also use his shot more, especially in the PP. And he needs to work on his face-off skills. If he can improve on those things he'll be a possible future Selke Trophy contender because his defensive skills are already at an extremely high level, not least his ability to position himself correctly on the ice whatever the situation.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Lundestrum's team is in OT in game one of their playoff series. He has a primary assist so far.

Edit: they just lost.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
It would be nice if he was fully nhl ready a some point next year and we can move Henrique for a defensemen or maybe just futures. I wouldnt mind restocking the cupboard because after all of these kids move up we wont have a lot of kinds in sd.

If I were the ducks I would give him a quick stint in the nhl to start the season, followed by a a few months in SD. If he is then ready I would look to move Rico and either look ro fill a whole in the team if we are a legit contender or trade for a draft pick if we arent really a contender.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
after all of these kids move up we wont have a lot of kinds in sd.

Well, Comtois may spend the year in SD. At least start there. Maybe the same with Lundeström.

That leaves the following youngsters for SD.

Morand, Hunter, Mahura, Gates, Kopacka, Kloos, De Leo, maybe Sherwood, Benoit, Ruggiero and Dostie.

Unsigned but likely Olson.

Nattinen and Sorensen, well, I don't know if they belong to us.

In the end of the day, there are plenty of young players there.

Ps.: Rico is a little bit more than just NHL ready.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Lundestrom was also on the ice for the two goals at the end of the 3rd. Nice to know his coach has that much confidence in his offense to have him out there in crunch time even though he didn't figure in on either goal.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
His skating stride is so powerful. He will be a good one. I'd prefer to take it slowly with him. Another year in Lulea or in SD should help him a lot.

Reactions: Koffein

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
It would be nice if he was fully nhl ready a some point next year and we can move Henrique for a defensemen or maybe just futures. I wouldnt mind restocking the cupboard because after all of these kids move up we wont have a lot of kinds in sd.

If I were the ducks I would give him a quick stint in the nhl to start the season, followed by a a few months in SD. If he is then ready I would look to move Rico and either look ro fill a whole in the team if we are a legit contender or trade for a draft pick if we arent really a contender.

Doesn't Rico have an NTC that kicks in next season? I'm pretty sure that if we want to move him it'll have to be at the draft

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Trying to do way to much, solo rides into the zone spin around 5 times just to lose the puck.

Been so frustrating to watch during the semis.
These are probably the first negative comments we gave heard. Trying too hard makes sense in the context of how the series has gone. He'll learn.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
the way he control the puck and drives to the net is amazing. would like to see him in the world championship for sweden but our coaches will choose a shl grinder instead as usual.

at worst he will be a 40 pointer in nhl.

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
Lulea's getting waxed but Lundestrom just scored a SH goal.
Nice shot, i wish he'd use it more often. Luleå Hockey - Frölunda HC 1-5
Again voted best player on the home team, although the competition wasn't hard this time with a bunch of underperformers :shakehead

In the post game interview he said he's actually been playing with a broken rib the last 2-3 games. And that he probabaly won't show up for the Gulls post season due to that. However, next season he'll be playing a full season in the AHL unless he takes a spot with the Ducks.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Hmmm... maybe thats why the Ducks haven't signed single collegiate free agent... I would have prefer that he dominated the SHL and developed another 1-2 years before coming over.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Nice shot, i wish he'd use it more often. Luleå Hockey - Frölunda HC 1-5
Again voted best player on the home team, although the competition wasn't hard this time with a bunch of underperformers :shakehead

In the post game interview he said he's actually been playing with a broken rib the last 2-3 games. And that he probabaly won't show up for the Gulls post season due to that. However, next season he'll be playing a full season in the AHL unless he takes a spot with the Ducks.
He said all that?

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
Lundestrom the 2nd coming of Christ or what? Kid's a long way to go or he'd have been here by now.

Need a new thread, and a new prospect to chew on...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad