Player Discussion Isac Lundestrom

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
His 1 NHL point a secondary assists

0 goals 1 assist 1 point +3 in 4 games averaging 14:31 per game. 34.5% face off win percentage so he needs to improve at winning faceoffs which should come as he gets more experience.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I'd prefer if he was available throughout the season, or at least late in the season. I know this is possible if he stays in the AHL, but if he goes to Sweden can he be available come playoff time?

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
I'd prefer if he was available throughout the season, or at least late in the season. I know this is possible if he stays in the AHL, but if he goes to Sweden can he be available come playoff time?
SHL plays the last regular season's game March 14. Playoff schedule not official yet but it starts right after with games every 2nd day. Assuming his team don't reach beyond QF (a QF loss probably also is the best bet atm), he'd be able to play all playoff games for the Ducks.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Any chance he sticks past 9 games?

If not, Team Sweden would love to have him leading the attack as their top C at the World Juniors.

He's probably ready for the NHL, but may get sent back after (especially if the team is healthy). I personally hope he's sent back because I want to catch a game when I'm in Sweden :laugh:

Reactions: Wings4Life

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Mixed feelings, I thought already he was NHL ready but I'm not sure the environment of a lousy team like this will work wonders on him. Probably send him back wouldn't be bad for him and his development after all.

I too think they should send him back. He will do very well logging top minutes in the SHL (or AHL) this year.

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
I too think they should send him back. He will do very well logging top minutes in the SHL (or AHL) this year.
Yes please. We need him badly in Lulea. Last few games has been played with one legit SHL center and some random bums on skates. They even put a D on LW last game to fill out the blanks in front Still 5-1-0 through the last 6 and playing great hockey, but that just can't last for eternity.

To me it seems like he can cut it in the NHL already, but since he's not seeing much PP time and recently has been moved to LW, that's not ideal for him long term. He'd be getting valuable minutes as #1C back home. And of course lead the team in WJC-20.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Mixed feelings, I thought already he was NHL ready but I'm not sure the environment of a lousy team like this will work wonders on him. Probably send him back wouldn't be bad for him and his development after all.
Not just this, but he seems like he could be a very special player. Would rather incubate him as long as possible.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I think I would use insulate rather than incubate.

The organization needs to insulate him from the terrible habits and coaching this team currently has.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
It's the one thing we have, please don't take it away!

Seriously though, whatever is best for his long term development, I think you could argue it both ways. Once the roster is healthy, there's no clear spot for him to get the kind of role he needs for my liking. I think he's good for now, but should go back down soon if he won't be getting quality minutes. I'm not sure about the timeline for a move though, Hazy confused me last game.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think that his development will be fine if he stays, but I won't be bent out of shape if they send him back. On the other hand, I will be furious if they send Comtois back to the Q.
With Kesler Getz Henrique all back or close to being 100% Im assuming they will send lundestrom back(as steel is on a pro contract already and can swap back and fourth from SD). But im kinda on the line... I think lundestrom has a more complete game than steel and physically ready to play @ the NHL level.... and I think Steel would benefit more from a year in SD than Lundestrom would benefit from a year in sweeden… but I mind either way.

Agree about Comtois, he should stick with the team... nothing in the Q for him. Hes impressed all over the ice passing/skating/scoring/physically and very dependable defensively.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I think Comtois should go back... many power forwards entering the league too early end up either failing or progressing slower. I don't think sending him back to juniors to improve his skating and just getting stronger overall would hurt his career. Getting 20 minutes a game and premium PP time is better than 12-14 minutes he will end up getting this season. Plus it helps avoid major injuries that alot of young players get from entering the league too early.

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
I think Comtois should go back... many power forwards entering the league too early end up either failing or progressing slower. I don't think sending him back to juniors to improve his skating and just getting stronger overall would hurt his career. Getting 20 minutes a game and premium PP time is better than 12-14 minutes he will end up getting this season. Plus it helps avoid major injuries that alot of young players get from entering the league too early.
Did you miss Comtois getting assaulted on the ice last season?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
There’s an article in the athletic by Lisa Dillman about how the Ducks and Kings are bringing along their young forwards this season which has some quotes from Murray about Lundestrom and Comtois.

Murray says 10 games is not the critical number for whether a guy stays or not. He then says it might be tough to keep both of them. Then later on in the article hes quotes as saying both look like they can play but asks how much will they play in January then mentions how much the game changes in January and February.

Thought it was interesting. Sounds like one if not both could still end up being sent back even if they both end up surpassing the 10 games mark.

A question on Lundestrom - if he goes back can he rejoin the team once his season is done? I know once he’s back in Sweden he’s back for the year but once his team is out i figure he can come back?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think he was saying 10 games isn't the ONLY critical number.

Word for word he said not the total critical number whatever that means but yeah I think it’s implied 39 games is a critical number. Either way it’s good that he’s going to keep reevaluating even though in Comtois case he’s already burned that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad