Is there any way on this planet Tatar is not on the Red Wings next season

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
There isn't a reason why he shouldn't be. Although dumber decisions have been made.

Unless he's traded. I could see him getting traded if Holland and Babcock have concerns similar to what Hoggan said, although I would not put much stock into that statement. I think Tatar is in the top 9 next year and on the 2nd powerplay unit.

I'm thinking 18 G-15 A for his numbers next year.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Very much possible he is traded.

They don't tend to speak too highly of him, the treatment he has gotten, we have lots of small guys in roster..

But it's not like he was getting pushed off the puck when he played up. And it's not like he shies away from the gritty aspects of the NA game. And it's not like we have a bunch of small really skilled, killer instinct type guys.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
But it's not like he was getting pushed off the puck when he played up. And it's not like he shies away from the gritty aspects of the NA game. And it's not like we have a bunch of small really skilled, killer instinct type guys.

He played soft minutes, though.

And now we're going to 'big and bad East'.

As of now they have only Abby and Franzen who are big bodies.. don't count Bert or Sammy there. Maybe Andy if Helm is healthy. I think that isn't enough for Babcock.

Aug 6, 2012

As of now they have only Abby and Franzen who are big bodies.. don't count Bert or Sammy there. Maybe Andy if Helm is healthy. I think that isn't enough for Babcock.

So don't sign guys like Miller and sign guys like Stalberg and Horton.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

He played third line minutes. Just like Nyquist.

RedWingsNow*

Unless he's traded. I could see him getting traded if Holland and Babcock have concerns similar to what Hoggan said, although I would not put much stock into that statement. I think Tatar is in the top 9 next year and on the 2nd powerplay unit.

I'm thinking 18 G-15 A for his numbers next year.

If he plays 10-12 minutes a night, 80 games with minimal PP usage, then yea, 15 to 20 goals, 30 or so points.

If he plays 17-18 minutes with either Zetterberg or Datsyuk, gets regular PP usage. 25 to 32 goals, 50 to 55 points

RedWingsNow*

I see Tatar on the third line with 2nd unit PP minutes. Slowly they'll give him top 6 minutes. And I think he'll be fine with that.

To me, that's probably a waste. THis guy finishes.

You want him finishing with your best starter.

But I can live with Tatar on line 3 if it's a scoring line.

If, for example, the line is Nyquist Andersson Tatar or Tatar Andersson Brunner -- then that could work.

But I see too many Tatar-Helm or Tatar-Miller... just horrid combinations

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
Why would they draft in him the first place then? What on earth is there NOT to like?

Nothing. People are reading too much into it. Tatar was sent down because of the way the roster was constructed. Someone needed to be sent down and they needed Andersson at Center. Nyqyuist hadn't had a chance to play up yet, and since he is our highest prospect, it was only fair that Tatar go down to the AHL (because he could) and Nyquist came up. Then, because of the rules, Tatar had to stay down there the rest of Grand Rapid's season unless there was an emergency, which there wasn't.

He wasn't kept down because of some evil conspiracy.

RedWingsNow*

Except Holland could have easily called up Tatar for 10 minutes to give him the ability to call him up -- if he wanted.

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
To me, that's probably a waste. THis guy finishes.

You want him finishing with your best starter.

But I can live with Tatar on line 3 if it's a scoring line.

If, for example, the line is Nyquist Andersson Tatar or Tatar Andersson Brunner -- then that could work.

But I see too many Tatar-Helm or Tatar-Miller... just horrid combinations

Helm is a lot better then Anderson. Tatar-Helm-Brunner would be a decent line. I agree that playing him with players like miller would be pointless.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
He is going to be with the Wings next season. He is out of AHL options, and he is ready to take the next step in his career. True, he was probably ready earlier this season or last season. Lets not forget that Tatar was one of the main reasons why the Griffins won the Calder Cup this season. I don't think the Griffins win without him thats for sure. He gained some valuable experience leading the team in goals for the playoffs. That will benefit him in the next step of his career.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If Holland does resign Cleary i hope it's not for the supposingly $3 mil he's asking for no more then $2 mil, But knowing Holland he will give Cleary what he wants.

I don't really mind what money he gets, I'm just worried about the length of the contract. You know 2 years is practically guaranteed, but 3 years would be even more awful. It's a shame that Babcock has made me hate the guy... He wouldn't be a bad even strength 4th line/3rd line player.

RedWingsNow*

Where did you hear that Cleary was looking for $3 million?

That's what he made last season.
Do you know many people actively negotiating for a pay cut?

He finished the year with 13 goals and 12 assists for 25 points in 62 games
That amounts to about 17 goals and 16 assists over 82 games.

That's a little less than the 20 goals 40 points he'd scored prior to his last deal. But the cap was a lot lower then too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad