Is there any way on this planet Tatar is not on the Red Wings next season

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
???He should not play a single second of AHL ever again!

He gets busted driving the wrong way down a 1-way street dressed as a popular children's cartoon character? :) (Jokes!)

No worries, he's out of waiver options and Holland isn't gonna give him away. He'll be a Wing next season.

crashman

No, I really don't think so.

If it's true that he said this was his last year in the AHL, then the Wings aren't going to risk pissing him off. He's one hell of a prospect and the only way I don't see him starting next season in Detroit is if he's traded, which is pretty unlikely.

I can't wait to watch him in Detroit.

edit: I didn't know he was out of waiver options next year.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
All I know is that he better get a fair shot with Datsyuk... Because IMO he's exactly what Datsyuk needs.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
According to Holland he cannot play in the AHL anyways so its all good unless he gets traded.

16 goals in 24 AHL playoff games... holy crap, what a machine. He scored "only" 23 at regular season in 61 games.

He will never get traded. He will be better fit for our team than Hudler ever was.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
I don't know why this is still a discussion, Holland has stated that Tatar will most definitely be on the team next year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I don't know why this is still a discussion, Holland has stated that Tatar will most definitely be on the team next year.

i'd bet money that he wouldn't be if the waiver rules weren't forcing the Wings hands

which is pretty sad

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
There's not going to be room for him to play full time unless some moves are made, and I would still think Nyquist gets the nod before him.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
Agree that waiver rules forcing Holland's hand, his track record would be to hoard a veteran or two instead. Someone with scoring ability playing next to Dats makes too much sense for Babs to try... I expect Cleary, Bert or Sammy to be paired with Dats next year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Unless he is traded he has to be here. So the chances are pretty good. He will still be dangled ahead of Nyquist though in trade talks in my opinion. We will see how it all turns out, good to see him have a strong playoff run after some indifferent play for about a month after his demotion.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Link for those who didn't hear it. Around the 5:30 mark. Not the first interview he has stated it was Tatar's last year down either.

i'd bet money that he wouldn't be if the waiver rules weren't forcing the Wings hands

which is pretty sad

Maybe true, sadly, but at least it's finally happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad