Injury Report: Is The Nuge Activated? (Will Play Monday According to Eakins)

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
So excited to see my favourite player coming back earlier than I expected!

Hoping for a multi-point night right out of the gate to start him on a roll.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If he's feeling confident and his shoulder feels great then why the "He might take warm-ups against the Canucks" talk. Why isn't just playing?

Because they are playing it safe with him and that means waiting another 6 days before he plays. Also a boost to his teammates before the game.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If he's feeling confident and his shoulder feels great then why the "He might take warm-ups against the Canucks" talk. Why isn't just playing?
I think Eakins still needs to figure out the center issue. Does he keep Hall at center and send doen Arco? Or does he switch Hall back. One more game and a few more days to be sure.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

So is there a small chance he can play tmrw in Vancouver?

Doubt it, unless Arco or Gordon manage to injure themselves.

Side note: Doesn't Eakins pronounce Gagner's name oddly?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So now I guess we find out if Nuge is 100% and he avoids re-injuring himself in the next few weeks.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You made the statement that Yak successfully played tough minutes...post the proof and back up your statement.

I don't have access to the good ones, you playing dumb isn't a valid argument. Anyone that watched last year knows he was bumped at the end of the year playing against harder competition.

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Hiss hiss, that's Nuge's puck.
asdas1111111111111.png

I'd love to see him play in Vancouver, but I think that it has the potential to become a pretty vicious one so NJ seems like a better idea to break him in for his first game back after surgery. Then again, it's the Nuge, he doesn't get hit often. Curious to see how Arcobello is going to look tomorrow

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't have access to the good ones, you playing dumb isn't a valid argument. Anyone that watched last year knows he was bumped at the end of the year playing against harder competition.

So its dumb to expect you to provide proof to back up your claims? Does that make sense to you in any way?

I watched last year...sometimes I watched a game more than once. I focused on Yak (and on Gagner)and Yak was a mess defensively by my eye.
Offensively he is dynamic...defensively he is junk but thats because he is still learning. I get that this board loves its young players and think they can step right in and do the job of the veteran but that applies in rare situations. Yak isn't one of those players....he might be in 2 or 3 years but definitely not now. A couple of games when teams are resting for the playoffs and Yaks scores a few goals means absolutely nothing.

Eakins is no fool...watch where he plays Yak. It wont be on the top line.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Why can't he be 100% and still get re-injured?

The same injury is unlikely if in fact he is 100%.
The Oilers history in returning players to the lineup over the years is not good. I hope the fact that they are down 2 NHL centres isn't influencing this decision in any way.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The same injury is unlikely if in fact he is 100%.
The Oilers history in returning players to the lineup over the years is not good. I hope the fact that they are down 2 NHL centres isn't influencing this decision in any way.
He feels great, his surgeon says he is 100 percent and ready to go. But to be safe let's give him the rest of the season off

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Because they are playing it safe with him and that means waiting another 6 days before he plays. Also a boost to his teammates before the game.

6 days? Monday is in 3 days.

As for the poster you responded to, Eakins said he told Nuge if he wants he can take warmup in vancouver to get back in the routine.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think Eakins still needs to figure out the center issue. Does he keep Hall at center and send doen Arco? Or does he switch Hall back. One more game and a few more days to be sure.

Taylor Hall at center is likely the better option for now.

Perron - Nuge - Eberle
Smyth/Joensu - Hall - Hemsky
Smyth/Joensu - Gordon - Yakupov

Arcobello shouldn't be playing in the NHL. I like the kid, but he's not good enough. If we put Hall back to wing, then we're stuck with Arcobello in the lineup, and looking at a healthy scratch of either Gazdic or Joensu (as we know Smyth won't sit even if he deserves to).

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He feels great, his surgeon says he is 100 percent and ready to go. But to be safe let's give him the rest of the season off

Riiight. You're pretty new around here aren't you because clearly you haven't been paying attention.

Returning players too early has been an ongoing problem with this organization.

Hopefully thats all a part of history and we can turn a new page on this issue.

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
6 days? Monday is in 3 days.

As for the poster you responded to, Eakins said he told Nuge if he wants he can take warmup in vancouver to get back in the routine.

Oops, yes. I keep thinking Monday is the 10th.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Riiight. You're pretty new around here aren't you because clearly you haven't been paying attention.

Returning players too early has been an ongoing problem with this organization.
So after all the doctors including non oilers organization doctors says he is fine, he is saying he feels better then his rookie season and it's within the Window they said he would return it's too soon?

**** man, Hemsky cut his finger a few games ago, how is he back already, he should be out for at least another month to be safe

I get that this organization has rushed players back in, in the past but every nuge interview starting from training camp he was saying he felt absolutely fine.

Koto

May 3, 2011
i dont get it either, what yak does lack in zone coverage and positioning he makes up for with speed and effort. he is elite and i dont mean he will be elite in 3 years, he is elite right now. Yak and Hall need to be stapled together.

agreed, i think hes already our best player...

everytime he touches the puck he displays the best elements of our other top forwards

power and balance in skating
superb puck control
excellent awareness and vision

and by far the best shooting arsenal on the team.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Taylor Hall at center is likely the better option for now.

Perron - Nuge - Eberle
Smyth/Joensu - Hall - Hemsky
Smyth/Joensu - Gordon - Yakupov

Arcobello shouldn't be playing in the NHL. I like the kid, but he's not good enough. If we put Hall back to wing, then we're stuck with Arcobello in the lineup, and looking at a healthy scratch of either Gazdic or Joensu (as we know Smyth won't sit even if he deserves to).

IMO Arcobello is a better player than Smyth, and Hall on LW>>>>>> him at C. So I'd rather
Hall Nuge Eberle
Perron Arco Yakupov
Joensuu Gordon Hemsky
Gazdic Acton Brown

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So after all the doctors including non oilers organization doctors says he is fine, he is saying he feels better then his rookie season and it's within the Window they said he would return it's too soon?

**** man, Hemsky cut his finger a few games ago, how is he back already, he should be out for at least another month to be safe

Your ridiculous commentary aside...are you old enough to know whats been happening with this team over the years in this regard or are you just making an effort to ignore it?

Until new precedents are established history dictates patterns.

McDeathbyCheerios*

everytime he touches the puck he displays the best elements of our other top forwards

superb puck control

Best offensive player absolutely. But until he works on his defensive game, putting him on the second line might be the best option

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

superb puck control

Add defensive awareness to that and he is a hell of a player. He is not there yet.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Very excited to get him back so quickly. If his surgeon has given him clearance, Nuge himself feels great and our doctors are comfortable, I don't have any issues with him playing. I suspect he'll be a little rusty for a few games, given he hasn't played in so long, but he'll be an improvement over Arcobello.

I want to see:

Joensuu - RNH - Yakupov
Hall - Arcobello - Eberle (AHL line reunited)
Perron - Gordon - Hemsky
Gadzic - Acton - Brown

Smyth can take a hike.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Wonder if we'll see Nuge take faceoffs in the first few games back or not.

Oh boy.. i'm super pumped and excited for his return. I want him to regain his rookie year form and prove all the naysayers wrong. But it may take him a few games though to get back to game shape. Hopefully Gags is back sooner rather than later as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00