Injury Report: Is The Nuge Activated? (Will Play Monday According to Eakins)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Just heard his interview on OilersNow. I might have misheard what he said but I think he mentioned he might take warmups against Vancouver tomorrow.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Just heard his interview on OilersNow. I might have misheard what he said but I think he mentioned he might take warmups against Vancouver tomorrow.

He better be 100% ready to go and have his strength back. MacT said November 1 to be safe. This better not be one of those things where yes, it's a given we need a center back in the worst possible way, and yes, RNH is probably fine, but if this is a rush back return, oh man. And against Vancouver as well. They'll target his skinny ass. :laugh:

As long as he's ready to go, that's cool. Warmup is still a good sign.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
please move hall back to LW, please move hall back to LW, please move hall back to LW

not only is he better at LW, but it pushes smyth out of the top-6

hall/RNH/yakupov
perron/arcobello/eberle
joensuu/gordon/hemsky
smyth/acton/brown or gazdic

The only problem is your two best possession guys are on your first line, and you have no one moving the puck forward on your second.

Switch RNH and Arcobello and let Hall and Yak drive the bus. RNH is exactly what Perron and Ebs need to be effective.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
When you have as many bad seasons as he we had and Yak proves to be one of the most effective players on the team there is no rush, he's ready.

Thats exactly my point...give the team and the player the best chance at succeeding.

The team and the player benefit from responsible management of ice time.

There is nothing in Yaks game that suggests he can play against the Leagues best at 19 years old. Yes he is an offensive threat and that can be utilized without being counterproductive.

Eakins is nobody's fool so thats exactly what I see him doing.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Eakins says he felt Arcobello had a good 1st game and they'd entertain moving Hall back now. Smyth has to be gone, right?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Thats exactly my point...give the team and the player the best chance at succeeding.

The team and the player benefit from responsible management of ice time.

There is nothing in Yaks game that suggests he can play against the Leagues best at 19 years old. Yes he is an offensive threat and that can be utilized without being counterproductive.

Eakins is nobody's fool so thats exactly what I see him doing.

We went through this before and you refused to look at it. Yak played his best hockey last year when he was playing against tough competition. He had 11 goals in 14 games and was +7 against tougher competition. So again there is your evidence.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He better be 100% ready to go and have his strength back. MacT said November 1 to be safe. This better not be one of those things where yes, it's a given we need a center back in the worst possible way, and yes, RNH is probably fine, but if this is a rush back return, oh man. And against Vancouver as well. They'll target his skinny ass. :laugh:

He was cleared by a doctor who has nothing to gain by lying. He has done surgeries for other teams and players as well.

This isn't Edmonton trainers giving their opinion.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

The optimistic timeline was Oct 1 and the pessimistic timeline was Nov 1. I have not heard any stories about setbacks in any way and Nuge said multiple times that his strength was back to where they always wanted it to be. 10 days after the original date seems safe.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Ughh...if Joensuu gets bumped down or Gazdic gets bumped out...

Can we all agree that if Eakins does bump Smyth down to the 4th, we'll all pitch in a few bucks to build a giant Eakins statue somewhere in Churchill Square?

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack 51m
Talked to RNH yesterday. Says he feels better than he did in his rookie year. Really firing the puck with confidence, shooting much harder.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
We went through this before and you refused to look at it. Yak played his best hockey last year when he was playing against tough competition. He had 11 goals in 14 games and was +7 against tougher competition. So again there is your evidence.

Where is the proof?
Show me the shift charts (link...etc) where he played against the toughs otherwise it has little to no merit.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Ughh...if Joensuu gets bumped down or Gazdic gets bumped out...
I still firmly believe the only reason Smyth was there, was to give Hall a veteran winger to learn center with. Imo tomorrow's game will be a contest between Smyth and the bottom two wingers for the spot. If they are dead set on having him on the team I much rather convert him to right wing and have Brown as the extra.

Gazdic Acton Smyth

Over

Smyth Acton Brown

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
tumblr_m4epngDfgE1qfcgbb.gif

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Arcobello-Yakupov
Joensuu-Gordon-Hemsky
Gazdic-whatever-Brown

makes me a happy camper.

Hopefully RNH is 110% and the Oilers aren't rushing him ahead of schedule.

Can we all agree that if Eakins does bump Smyth down to the 4th, we'll all pitch in a few bucks to build a giant Eakins statue somewhere in Churchill Square?

IMO there are only 3 things that should be done with Ryan Smyth in order for me to retain any semblence of respect for him:
1) retirement
2) waivers
3) pressbox

Ryan Smyth has done nothing to show he deserves a spot over Joensuu/Gazdic, who both had outstanding debuts for us.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack 51m
Talked to RNH yesterday. Says he feels better than he did in his rookie year. Really firing the puck with confidence, shooting much harder.

Great news. :handclap:

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
If he's feeling confident and his shoulder feels great then why the "He might take warm-ups against the Canucks" talk. Why isn't just playing?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I fully supported Smyth coming back to the Oilers for his last year and being used in a limited role, 4th line and pressbox, but he has shown nothing in preseason or game 1 to be ahead of the players in our line-up.

Press box for Smyth until Eakins needs to shake up the roster. Which will could well be game 3... but he is without doubt the weakest link on the team atm.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

So is there a small chance he can play tmrw in Vancouver?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad