Injury Report: Is The Nuge Activated? (Will Play Monday According to Eakins)

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Mad Props it is then.

Bring em on!

MadProps_slipmat.jpg

The Perfect Human*

A little OT, but is this because they're athletes and get the best of care, or has this procedure just advanced that far?

I ask because my right shoulder is in rough shape, and have been working towards finding a family doctor to get a referral to a surgeon.

The procedure is pretty solid as it is - but the rehab is an important part of it. For most people it's tough to adhere to a strict rehab schedule to the point where you can reach full recovery in RNH-type fashion.

As an athlete they get way more access to physiotherapists and excerise therapists such that they basically gear the next 4-6mo of their life to re-developing proper function in the shoulder.

Most of us don't live lives dependent on 100% shoulder function. It's hard to follow a rehab regimen while living a normal life. There are going to be times you re-aggravate the injury in mid-healing that postpone the process and make it even more unlikely to heal.

That being said, most surgeons reserve their decisions regarding whether or not to operate (and when to go ahead with the procedure) on what an individual's lifestyle is like. If your work is dependent on shoulder mobility (athlete) you're likely to get an early referral and earlier OR time.

Best thing to do is explain to your GP how the injury is affecting your quality of life and gauge from there. He'll likely refer you to an orthopedic surgeon, who'll make a decision based on what they're seeing on images/physical exam.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
https://vine.co/v/hXZLnnxx39A

Oilers just posted this on twitter.

That's Nuge going out for warm ups tonight.

edit:
@EdmontonOilers 7m
Yes, @RNH_93 is indeed taking warmup tonight! He's getting back in the game day routine in preparation for his #Oilers return Monday.

And breathe

Last edited:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
so with an honest-to-goodness real NHL center about to play a game for the oilers on monday, surely to god the hall at center experiment will come to an end?

arcobello hasn't looked completely useless at center and has looked far, far, far better than hall has... its not even close actually

hall/RNH/eberle
perron/arcobello/yakupov
joensuu/gordon/hemsky
<anybody but smyth>/acton/brown

our best player back at his natural position, yakupov back with skill players and smyth not playing at all... pretty much the perfect scenario in my books

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
so with an honest-to-goodness real NHL center about to play a game for the oilers on monday, surely to god the hall at center experiment will come to an end?

arcobello hasn't looked completely useless at center and has looked far, far, far better than hall has... its not even close actually

hall/RNH/eberle
perron/arcobello/yakupov
joensuu/gordon/hemsky
<anybody but smyth>/acton/brown

our best player back at his natural position, yakupov back with skill players and smyth not playing at all... pretty much the perfect scenario in my books

I hope they go with this lineup which is why they won't. Eakins trying to outsmart everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad