Injury Report: Is The Nuge Activated? (Will Play Monday According to Eakins)

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I had the same debate a few weeks ago, some reason people keep making crap up about Yak. He was also +7 in April last year.

i dont get it either, what yak does lack in zone coverage and positioning he makes up for with speed and effort. he is elite and i dont mean he will be elite in 3 years, he is elite right now. Yak and Hall need to be stapled together.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Now the question is...does this mean the end of Arcobello or is Hall going back to LW?

Or does Arcobello get a shot on the fourth line while Acton goes down. I didnt mind him in the first game besides a bit of lack of finish.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Now the question is...does this mean the end of Arcobello or is Hall going back to LW?

I think Hall moves back to LW

Hall/RNH/Eberle
Perron/Arcobello/Hemsky
Joenssu/Gordon/Yakupov
Gazdic/Acton/Brown

What Eakins will probably do...

Smyth/Hall/Hemsky
Perron/RNH/Eberle
Joenssu/Gordon/Yakupov
Gazdic/Acton/Brown

I hope i'm wrong

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Joanne Ireland ‏@jirelandEJ 1m
Nugent-Hopkins saw his surgeon in Cleveland last week. Got final go ahead after yesterday's practice. Teammates got word today.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
i dont get it either, what yak does lack in zone coverage and positioning he makes up for with speed and effort. he is elite and i dont mean he will be elite in 3 years, he is elite right now. Yak and Hall need to be stapled together.

whats the rush? How is it a bad idea to have Yak become a more effective player before he plays tough minutes?

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013

I think it will be Hall going back to the LW. Although it was one game Hall did not play well against the Jets. I would also like it if they move Hall to LW because that means Smyth would go down to the 4th line most likely or even the press box (I wish).

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
I am so exited, we have never seen nuge play with a good shoulder as it had been a nagging injury since JR. I really hope he dominates

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I think they probably have Hall at center for a couple more games but move him back to LW eventually.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
whats the rush? How is it a bad idea to have Yak become a more effective player before he plays tough minutes?

When you have as many bad seasons as he we had and Yak proves to be one of the most effective players on the team there is no rush, he's ready.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Happy to know Nuge's back. I wonder how the lineup will be, once he's dressed against NJ. Any guesses?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

f71771.gif

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Perron - Gordon - Eberle
Joensuu - Arcobello -Hemsky
Gazdic - Acton - Brown

Retired due to being waived: Smyth

good kid yak city

Oct 3, 2013
please move hall back to LW, please move hall back to LW, please move hall back to LW

not only is he better at LW, but it pushes smyth out of the top-6

hall/RNH/yakupov
perron/arcobello/eberle
joensuu/gordon/hemsky
smyth/acton/brown or gazdic

I honestly think these are the best lines for this team as hall and yak play a similar reckless style with a defensive rock between them top 3 lines look solid and will matchup well to other teams and with the return of gagner it look magnificent as long as DD can hold the fort we look like we are the closest to the playoffs in years

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Happy to know Nuge's back. I wonder how the lineup will be, once he's dressed against NJ. Any guesses?

A few people posted what they think earlier in the thread, here's my thoughts...

What I think should happen:

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Perron - Arcobello - Eberle
Joensuu - Gordon - Hemsky
Gazdic - Acton - Brown

What I think Eakins will do:

Smyth - Hall - Hemsky
Perron - RNH - Yakupov
Joensuu - Gordon - Eberle
Gazdic - Acton - Brown

Either option is much better with RNH in the lineup though

Ad