Is Marner the best passer in the league

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I get the media needs something to write but this praise of Marner is getting absolutely ridiculous and in some way completely ****ing the team over. I mean all they're doing is giving his agent ammo to present to Dubas during negotiations.

unfortunately(?) the reality is we're fast approaching a full season's worth of 100 point play from Mitch Marner. this isn't hot start out of nowhere. A Greg brady tweet is not going to make any difference here.

yeah, that's going to make him more expensive.

that's life when you have as much talent as the Maple Leafs do.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
When members of the popular press feed this kind of hype to the people it's only going to put more pressure on the team to keep him at whatever cost. Stuff like this does matter.
Don't see it but perhaps I give our management too much credit.

member 300185

Again, you think it's as simple as his agent quoting Greg Brady. That's not what I'm saying. Major media opinions form the opinion of the fan base, most of whom don't have time to evaluate things for themselves. When the broad fan base puts value on a player then yes it does inflate their value in negotiations. We're talking about Matthews making McDavid money because enough media/fans posed the possibility, not because it actually makes sense from a statistical perspective.
Which again has nothing to do with contract negotiations.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
In a league with McDavid still quite a comment.

Eh. It's not necessarily putting him above McDavid. It's not like McDavid is going to win 10 straight scoring titles. McDavid doesn't have guys like Matthews, Tavares and Rielly around him either.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Eh. It's not necessarily putting him above McDavid. It's not like McDavid is going to win 10 straight scoring titles. McDavid doesn't have guys like Matthews, Tavares and Rielly around him either.
Eh. He has Draisaitl on his line.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
The area behind the net was known as Wayne Gretzky’s “office.” The way Mitch Marner made that play vs Boston behind the net is the first time someone reminded me of the great one since he retired.
And, MM was able to hold it and did not rush the play by passing the puck to stone-hand. Mind you, it was PK time.

Reactions: The Cobra

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The ability for Mitch Marner to see the ice as well as he does, is that innate? It can’t be coached, can it?

Babcock
: Obviously, he’s a real good player. He’s got real good sense and real good edges. He creates time and space like no one else on our team, for sure. I don’t know why he has that ability. I just know we are lucky to have him.

Lets just appreciate how good marner is and that he is a BOSS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad