Is Kucherov a clear-cut #2 in the NHL as we're speaking?

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
somehow he hacking system. Matter of time when peolple will really understand his game and his greatness. That list alone talked us that guy is HOFer.
Problem that he is not flashy not catching eye. You really thinks that little guy foalting around but his IQ allow him play different than standart Run rush shoot game. He see game before actions happens on ice and everything to deceive. Last game goal is example - skating from circle he maked fast shot and didnt turn head to goalie until goal was scored deceived goalie and defender
People judging him -thinks he is less skilled than any of top 5 players not that fast strong etc. but he is definetly smarter

Last edited:

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Kucherov is among the group that could be considered 2nd best in the League and has been for some time. He is also the beneficiary of being on an incredibly good team, but that in no way discredits what he's done in the playoffs these past 2 seasons.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
NOTICE ME SENPAI!

For some reason people think if their player isn't ranked where they want them that people are somehow disrespecting said player...

Out of curiosity If McDavid were not ranked #1, would you think that was being disrespectful?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Kucherov could have an 80 goal 200 point season next year and hf boards would be like

1. McDavid

2A. Kucherov
2B. Mackinnon
2C. Drai
Hard to argue he doesn't benefit from playing on a powerhouse team when he misses the entire season and they play at a 110 point pace over 56 games without him.

But, if he did put up that hypothetical season, he might change some minds.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Out of curiosity If McDavid were not ranked #1, would you think that was being disrespectful?
It would be the same reaction if Tampa won the cup this year and someone said they weren't the best team in the league. Probably best to dismiss it.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Hard to argue he doesn't benefit from playing on a powerhouse team when he misses the entire season and they play at a 110 point pace over 56 games without him.

But, if he did put up that hypothetical season, he might change some minds.

He transformed the Lightning from third place in the division with so so offense and PP to world beaters

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You can dismiss statements that are disrespectful, but they are still disrespectful
You learn to do that at hf. I had a bolts fan tell me yesterday he preferred Ross Colton to Cole Caufield. "Better all around game"

What else am I supposed to to other than dismiss it?

Posters write outrageous things just to get reactions here. If someone said McDavid wasn't the best, especially after the season he had, I would pay it no mind.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Do you think Crosby benefited from playing on the Pens? Do you think McDavid doesn’t benefit from playing with Drai and Nurse?

It’s a pretty subjective angle
Subjective. Right.

If Kucherov was on the oilers instead of mcd, took a full season off for surgery, would he still have 30 points in the playoffs this year?

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Subjective. Right.

If Kucherov was on the oilers instead of mcd, took a full season off for surgery, would he still have 30 points in the playoffs this year?

This isn't an equal comparison, you can have an amazing regular season and still fail to make or have the opportunity to produce in the playoffs. That's why it would be unfair of me to compare Kucherov's playoffs statistics to McDavid's.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Honestly, it would not surprise me if Kucherov would score more points in the regular season if he played for Edmonton. I mean imagine 5 minutes more playing time per game and with his magical passes to Draisatl. However, Edmonton would probably still lose in the first round as it is now.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
With 5 years left, Kucherov is the best contract in the league.
He can be the best player on any given night so if someone wants to rate him that high, I have no problem with it.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016

I would disagree with that opinion, but I really wouldn't care much because it doesn't change the fact that as a team the Oilers need work. To me there's no disrespect in having a different opinion so long as it is voiced tactfully.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
All the people talking about McDavid but Kucherov wouldn't see the playoffs on the Oilers if he sat out for an entire season that's the major difference of when you have a good team around and when you don't.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Kucherov is clear #1 in the playoffs when it matters
McDavid is clear #1 in the regular season
k lets switch their positions this year McDavid gets to ride and actually play on TB all season with a dominant team Kucherov sits out all season and the Oilers don't even make the playoffs without a star to play for them.....guess Kucherov would be doing "nothing" when it matters guess your argument falls apart there huh when the guy can't sit out an entire season and still make the playoffs because it "doesn't matter".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad