Is Kucherov a clear-cut #2 in the NHL as we're speaking?

Lykosia

Jun 21, 2019
I'd take him over anyone else. Who cares about some regular season hero who disappear come playoffs? Playoffs should be only thing that matters.

Reactions: More 2004

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Both Hedman and McDonagh were better than Kucherov in the Final.

I'd argue that Hedman is more pivotal to their team success, but of course he's just a dull, solid, no-frills but utterly complete D-man so who cares?

Reactions: Beerfish and Fatass

Anahome

Oct 5, 2019

I'd argue that Hedman is more pivotal to their team success, but of course he's just a dull, solid, no-frills but utterly complete D-man so who cares?
Kuch plays against strong opponents like Panthers, Canes, isles. He was injured and didn't need to play weaker team in Canadiens in finals. Hedman wasn't as strong as well due to injury.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Just a wild guess here, are you a Habs fan?

I don't like Kuch either, I'm not a Habs fan. He is a great hockey player, though. I don't have to like him as a person to think he's a good hockey player.

Reactions: geoo9

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Players should be compared only to their positions. Kucherov is the best winger in the game, and probably in recent memory. Sorry Ovi.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
He’s the best in the league. Better than McDavid.

Drai and McDavid are obviously studs but pad each other stats.

Kuch has Point but is a massive drop off.

Come playoff time who would you rather have with 2 random NHL 1st liners? McDavid or Kuch. For me it’s safely Kuch.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
please tell me how. Only 2 players managed to put up 160+ points over the last 2 seasons. McDavid and Draisaitl. Draisaitl had 194 points. 23% higher than 3rd place in that time. Even if Kucherov didn’t miss a game this year, and kept up his pace from last year, he’d be sitting 5th in points. Kucherov has had a hell of a playoff run, but fans around the league are willfully ignorant about the level Draisaitl has been at the last couple years.

Who cares about the regular season? The Bolts have learned that the hard way. Regular season is just to make sure you get to the real season.

Kuch is an all time top 5 guy in the real season.

Could McDavid be that? Maybe. He’s a stud.

But why would you take that risk? Kuch is an all time top 5 guy in the real season. Best case is McDavid matches that

AgeIess

Jul 14, 2021

Brayden Point was better than him last year in the playoffs also.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
1.Kucherov best PO perfomer of decade who have nickname Klutcherov - razor sharp IQ turns on when games turns to be most important, Just unpredictible for any defender when he is fully healthy and at postseason mode

2.Maсkkinnon second best PO performer who have own X gear when games are more important and harder to win.

3.McD best regular season player in the world without any doubt - pads stats for #4 - can not make nothing new at postseason exept his solo rushes from neutral zone which are usually neutralizes by defenders at Postseason beast (PEDs) mode

4.Drai second best regular season player in the world pads stats for #3 - also can not bring nothing special at playoffs

Last edited:

PaulGG

May 15, 2011

Kuch was unreal up until he got the broken rib, afterwards he was just great

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
We talking total production? Playoff only production? Skill? Well-roundedness? Offensive ability? If a combination, how would you weigh them, and why? You get my point.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
We talking total production? Playoff only production? Skill? Well-roundedness? Offensive ability? If a combination, how would you weigh them, and why? You get my point.

People Just watching how great , fast , skilled one guy. He took Hart almost every year. His speed make big advantage for him and his Team and Line. New white Big Canadian Hope and NextOne.
People were sure that he is better than other little, not that fast, speedy etc guy. But when it comes to tight and important games what do we see?
That faster skilled bigger , techical guy not that succesful at tigher faster and important games. Opponents shuts him down by just not letting him space to run and played Faster and harder against him. Opponents of McDavid didnt have to injury him to stop - thats a clear view how they played at postseason.
Kucherov was much more succesful at such type of games because he just thinks faster and better than anyone else. Opponents tried to injury him several times because they didnt realized other ways to stop him (Broken Ribs, Weber slash etc. Knee slash by Isles player etc. ) And It came from different teams and coaches - they didnt saw legal way to play against Kucherov at postseason. It alone may say you who actually better player

What narrative comes then ?
People begins Narrative that "Kucherov scored better and more because of better team"
I read even "Kucherov have Vasilevsky and that is one of the reason why he perfrmed better than NextOne" :laugh::laugh::laugh: What is goalie doing there?

Ok Lets see, Kuch havent linemates as Hart owner and Second best Center at NHL (Drai) and best scoring defender (BArrie),
Kucherov have as linemates (Palat and Point) They werent close to win Hart Etc. And none of them scored even at point per game ratio without Kuch. Draisatl scored almost as Palat and Point combined this season.

Narrative "Team (linemates) carrying Kucherov- and that is reason why he performed better than McDAvid at postseason."
Well McDavid actually have better statistically linemates - and somehow he carrying Team by himself.:naughty:

Narrative "McDavid would score 50 this SC run if he will play at Tampa" People not just stupid - they re so dumb to wont even think with logic. McDavid with worse linemates wouldnt score as he does at EDM
I know it hurts some feelingsб beliefs and expectations but reality is reality.

Actually whole situation is very Funny - New Messiah can not match to some ankward little , not that fast or skilled russian dude, I think it very painful especially to EDM fans.(When you read their forums -.They tried hard to convince each other that Kuch is a coward and cheater, not presenting anything special, at the same time they celebrate all individual MacDavid trophies almost like team trophies. I hope at some moment people would watch Kucherov witout any emotions, giving him credit to play as he does without any regular season game because of injury.
For me he is better than McD if you watch him without bias and despite only external attributes

P.S> Sorry for my broken English

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille